PDA

View Full Version : cheap macroline!

-=Squid=-
10-29-2003, 02:02 PM
Well, will there be any interest of this? I can get macroline, CHEAP! I mean like under a dollar a foot. Anybody interested in buying a lot of macroline, VERY cheap? I can get this stuff free/at cost... my dad owns a plastic tubing company. Thats where I get my cocker pneus, and have reason to believe that I can get some macroline. So, who is game for this?

redlaser666
10-29-2003, 02:55 PM
I would be interested, If you don't have problems with continuous length. I would probably buy 5ft of continuos tube if it can handle 850 psi.

Thordic
10-29-2003, 03:03 PM
If it isn't parker, I'd be kinda wary of its pressure rating.

UltimatePaintballer
10-29-2003, 03:10 PM
if squid has been using it, i think it would good enough for a gun.

if so i would like to buy some, and did you say you have some for the front end for the cocker pnues.:confused:

rikkter
10-29-2003, 03:28 PM
i did this one time from a tubing company. i bought 9feet of clear hose. the thickness of it was the same as a damn micro. the flow was great, but i kept bursting damn macros every few games or whatever. one time one didn't even last 3 minutes before it went.

i'd check the thickness on it.

speeddemon
10-29-2003, 04:07 PM
Its not really the thickness as it is the material. Anyways, what is the working pressure on this line that you can get? Like rikkter said, it could be the perfect size, but only rated for like 50psi, which would do us no good.

-=Squid=-
10-29-2003, 04:29 PM
I havent gotten it yet. I will be testing it at practice before I sell it. The cocker hose works fine, and I pick it up by the 100' for my field. I can get that for sale as well, again, dirt cheap, but macro is first because there is more need for it. I am going to pick up the hose today.

UltimatePaintballer
10-29-2003, 05:04 PM
well i would like some hose for the cocker pnues.

also, dirt isn't that cheap

pointm@n
10-29-2003, 05:34 PM
I'd be interested if I can get it in a continuous line. maybe a 5' complete line would be good.

-=Squid=-
10-29-2003, 05:51 PM
Ok, well I didnt get a chance to call him today. They make pneumatic hose, so im sure they make working macro line capapble of 850 psi. I believe about 5000' would be a few hundred bucks :)

robertjuric
10-29-2003, 06:18 PM
Hey Id be interested in like maybe 3-5 continious feet of it. I wanna see how it handles after yall test it though.

PM me any details when/if you get them please.

-=Squid=-
10-29-2003, 07:07 PM
I will have the final results of testing this weekend. Basically, im gonna go down there, tell him to bring me a sample of this macroline (if they even have it, look, I havent even called him on it, but dont worry, im fairly certain they make the stuff) then im gonna shoot a couple tanks of air through it. If it all seems fine, I will let everyone know, and I will also get prices on it. It will be pretty cheap. Im not gonna sell it for much more than what it takes me to buy some. See, ole squiddy can be good for something? ;)

FooTemps
10-29-2003, 07:57 PM
if you have an adustible tank... do something with that... like turn it up to 1100 and then turn it off... then vent the air in the line and turn it back on.

Kevmaster
10-29-2003, 08:03 PM
yeh, see how much pressure it takes before it breaks. Id bet it pops under 1000psi...making it 95% useless for paintball

-=Squid=-
10-29-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Kevmaster
yeh, see how much pressure it takes before it breaks. Id bet it pops under 1000psi...making it 95% useless for paintball Just out of curiousity, not arguing, but I just wanna know...why would under 1000 be useless? How many tanks have outputs over 850, and how many guns operate past 850? Wouldnt 1000 be about right? Im gonna use my preset and adjustable, on several different guns...basically if it holds up, why not? I just have to thoroughly test it first. Things is, this factory MAKES pneumatic hose... not just hose, this hose is made for high preasure operations. So far the cocker hose hasnt failed me yet. I just have to talk to him about it. Same goes for hose barbs, they make about every type of plastic hose barb.

Tunaman
10-29-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Kevmaster
yeh, see how much pressure it takes before it breaks. Id bet it pops under 1000psi...making it 95% useless for paintball Do not test it on the marker! Test only under supervised controlled conditions. You WILL get hurt if you dont be careful.

-=Squid=-
10-29-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Tunaman
Do not test it on the marker! Test only under supervised controlled conditions. You WILL get hurt if you dont be careful. ARG! So how would you recomend I go about do this other than just using it on several different markers with different tanks?

Thordic
10-30-2003, 09:04 AM
Most pneumatic applications are 100-200 PSI. Paintball uses pressures so high most people who do work with pneumatics would think we are crazy.

As for under 1,000 being useless for paintball, the burst rating can't be near the working pressure. You need a working pressure of at LEAST 850 for paintball, working pressure of 1,000 is better. If it pops are 1,000 psi, it will not be good for paintball use, as it'll end up popping quite often.

Hoses never work at 100%. Sometimes there are defects, sometimes the walls degrage over time, maybe it was a funky batch of materials, etc, but eventually, and usually at a bad time, that hose will pop and then you'll be screwed.

And, on a safety note, I had macro explode in my hand once. It hurts like a mother, and leaves a nice bruise for a week or so. Be careful.

-=Squid=-
10-30-2003, 10:21 AM
Alright, I appreciate it everybody. I will let you know how it goes.

hitech
10-30-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Thordic
You need a working pressure of at LEAST 850 for paintball, working pressure of 1,000 is better.

Have you ever looked at the working pressure on the macro/micro hose in use today? All the stuff I have seen is 500psi working pressure.

I'll stick with SS hose. ;)

rikkter
10-30-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by hitech

Have you ever looked at the working pressure on the macro/micro hose in use today? All the stuff I have seen is 500psi working pressure.

I'll stick with SS hose. ;)

personally if i had a gun that worked at 300~psi, i wouldn't care of i had 500 working, or 850. i'd take whatever is there.
and most guns now dont have such a high input psi such as mags

Kaiser Bob
10-30-2003, 01:19 PM
yes the working pressure on parker is 500 psi. The burst pressure is something to the effect of 4x of rated working pressure which would be 2000. Now macro degrade with use, nicks and bumps to it will add weak spots over time, so Ive seen parker blow in the 1100 area, but for most purposes, parker will do fine :)

jtoothman25
10-30-2003, 01:58 PM
I have rolls and rolls of macroline. Its from the airbrake system on my dads Semi. It works, and i've used it many times. The fittings however are brass, and not sugar coated like all the paintballers like.

-=Squid=-
10-30-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by jtoothman25
I have rolls and rolls of macroline. Its from the airbrake system on my dads Semi. It works, and i've used it many times. The fittings however are brass, and not sugar coated like all the paintballers like. Why cant you put it in the fittings that most pballers use? Thats what im getting is...it will be ordinary macroline that you buy from paintballgear.com .... only not 5 bucks a foot.

jtoothman25
10-30-2003, 02:12 PM
You can put it in normal fittings. I was just saying the types of fittings they use are brass on the trucks. The hose is the same stuff as on my paintball gun. I ran 850 PSI through it and it worked just fine. I've also cut it a little in one spot to see if a small cut would make it blow out, but it was fine. Hot weather is the only thing i havent really tested the hose one. Maybe if it got all hot, it'd burst. But... the 32* macroline, we had it blow out because of the sun... it just BLEW up(twice or 3 times).

-=Squid=-
10-30-2003, 02:15 PM
well im glad...if that stuff works, im to the point that im positive this will work.

Thordic
10-30-2003, 02:18 PM
Parker is only $55.00 for 100 feet if you buy a roll. $.55 a foot isn't a bad deal at all.

Its 500 PSI working pressure, 2000 PSI burst pressure.

In reality, I'd give it a 1200 PSI burst pressure since we usually stretch the operating pressure and degrade the hose.

Even if the gun isn't gettin 850 PSI to the gun, most people use screw in tanks, which is 850 PSI to the reg at least, so that piece of macro needs to take at least 850 PSI.

Muzikman
10-30-2003, 02:55 PM
I've said it before and I'll say once again. Even if the hose it's self is rated, the fittings are not. I have only seen macro line burst once (and I didn't even see it happen, just the after affects) and it was Parker on Tuna's gun. What I have seen fail repeatedly are the fittings. This even includes the pretty swivel fittings people use on their steel braid lines (ask Wyn about SCAO last year:)).

68Classic
10-30-2003, 03:55 PM
what colors do you have?

-=Squid=-
10-30-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by 68Classic
what colors do you have? Any color, even a posibility of clear.

Thordic - where are you getting these prices, and where can you buy the hose? If it is readily available like that for that price, I may as well not bother.

Thordic
10-30-2003, 04:46 PM
www.lesman.com was where I saw it, its not in their online catalog, but they have a parker catalog on their site.

You should be able to get a list of distributers from Parker if you want. Some may not sell to you in bulk unless you have a business license.

-=Squid=-
10-30-2003, 05:00 PM
Ya, thanks man. Same goes for my dads company, since they sell in bulk they dont sell it by the 100' really, but since im his kid, I got da hookup hizzaY! ;)

-=Squid=-
11-06-2003, 05:29 PM
UPDATE! I picked up a few feet for testing. It is the same material, same inner and outerdiamter, hell, its the same stuff. I will tell you all how it goes when I test it this saturday.

rdb123
11-06-2003, 08:47 PM
A little off topic... but does anyone know what kind HaveBlue has???

Jon/xpm
11-06-2003, 11:53 PM
-=Squid=-i will be instrested in taking some ...
lmk on the test... :)

kenndogg
11-07-2003, 12:43 AM
how much for some cocker pnues hoses?

-=Squid=-
11-07-2003, 09:03 AM
I dont know. How much do you want? I got 100' of it, so just make a fair offer. Also, only 1 day away from macroline test! If it works im gonna pick up 100' of it and another 100' of the pneus hose monday. All will be in black, when things pick up in sales of the stuff I will start getting more colors.

athomas
11-07-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by jtoothman25
I have rolls and rolls of macroline. Its from the airbrake system on my dads Semi. It works, and i've used it many times. The fittings however are brass, and not sugar coated like all the paintballers like.

A friend of mine had the same thing. It worked most of the time until a scratch or nick got on the line. Then it would burst at the most inappropriate moment.

I use Parker line which is rated at 600psi operating with the 4x burst rating. Its under a dollar a foot. The stuff I use is strong and a little stiffer than some of the macro line available. The next higher rated line is steel tubing.

DJBacon06
11-07-2003, 03:03 PM
hmmm...i will probably be interested in gettin up in that macroline...like 3-5 feet of it or so. keep us posted on the testing!

DK1
11-07-2003, 04:01 PM
Hey Squid, really, be careful with that stuff the first time out with it. What type of Nylon is it made out of? 11, 12, 6/6? Somthing like that?

I've been doing a lot of research lately on macroline, and there's a lot of variation, even using the same materials. Most ratings for working pressure are either 1/3 or 1/4 of max burst pressure. The stuff that Have Blue has is 3000psi burst, 1000psi working. I think it's $.70 a foot. It's the highest rated Macro I've been able to find, anywhere. It also has a tight bend radius, which means it's very flexible.

The ID doesn't matter a whole lot, as different companies use different things. As long as it's 1/4" OD, it'll work with the push in fittings, because they use an internal oring to seal.

Whoever said that the fittings are the biggest worry is mostly right. I've never seen a push-in fitting that was rated at higher than 250psi. But, the thing is, they are made out of brass or steel. Steel, even with the low rating, I trust a lot more than the nylon tubing. I've never seen a fitting fail, but I have seen the tubing burst a few times. Still, I'm looking for better fittings all the time.

The standard non-swivel stainless fittings are rated for something like 3000psi, and 5000psi sometimes. Those combined with braided hose should really never have any problems.

The thing is, with a mass order like this, you know people using mags (especially on this forum) are going to want some. That poses a problem if the working pressure is 500- 600psi. If you use a mag, I'd stick to braided hose, period. The fittings and most macroline itself just isn't rated to handle the input pressures mags require. Sure, you can use it, but it's more likely to fail on you.

For LP markers, macro tends to be fine, but if I were planning on getting the input over 600psi, I'd think about going to braided hose.

DK1

-=Squid=-
11-07-2003, 04:16 PM
Ok, currently its lookin like the working pressure is 900psi. Again, ill let everybody know tomorrow evening.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-07-2003, 04:49 PM
i'll take like 10ft off ur hands

-=Squid=-
11-10-2003, 10:46 AM
IT worked all day. Then it blew up on the way home, BUT! There is hope. I figgured out the problem. I was using polyurethane, not nylon. I will get the nylon stuff today, and try it after school. I think it will work. So ya, count on cheap macroline. Anybody willing to pay $5-$10 shipped for 5 feet of macroline, PM me to keep that out of this thread. I will start taking orders when I know its save. the factory I believe has a pressure thing to see its safe operating pressure, I will inquire about that.

Carpecerevisi
11-11-2003, 01:11 AM
what is haveblue?

-=Squid=-
11-11-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Carpecerevisi
what is haveblue? www.air-soldier.com

sniper1rfa
11-11-2003, 09:02 AM
squid, couldnt you just.. you know... ask them what the working pressure is? i bet they know... :-)

or read the hose label. Should say #-W.P.

-=Squid=-
11-11-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by sniper1rfa
squid, couldnt you just.. you know... ask them what the working pressure is? i bet they know... :-)

or read the hose label. Should say #-W.P. Actually the guy couldnt find it. He says he *thinks* its 800. And I put some more on there and its been working all week, but the first blew up. I just have to try the nylon, which im 100% will work.

JT2002
11-11-2003, 12:37 PM
well plz let us know! cuz 15 bux for 2 feet and 2 fittings is a lil steep:(

-=Squid=-
11-11-2003, 01:30 PM
Well, im not selling fittings. Just the hose. Its gonna be something like 5-10 dollars for 5-10 feet. Not sure about prices, but something in that price range.

redlaser666
11-17-2003, 04:50 PM
Have you tried the nylon hose yet?
If so, how's it holding up?

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-17-2003, 04:56 PM
yea i'm starting to wonder where you went. can you give us an update on what is going on?

-=Squid=-
11-17-2003, 05:45 PM
Ive gone nowhere. I talked to him and im going tomorrow to pick up the nylon. However, Im begginning to wonder igf the polyurethane wasnt a fluke because I have been using it for over a week under constant preassure and it works fine. Im just not sure what to do... I know its "safe" but I dont want to sell it and then start getting complaints. I will talk to him about it when I get home tomorrow.

f3rr3+
11-17-2003, 08:12 PM
Good luck cause ill buy like 20 feet for me and my team :)

manike
11-17-2003, 08:28 PM
I will no longer use macroline where I am not certain of the working pressure and ratings. That goes for the fittings also.

For me it just isn't worth the risk anymore. Not all of my equipment has braided hoses but over the course of time I am going to make a move back that way on any of my guns that run over 450psi through the hose. I am also ensuring I only use high quality rated fittings.

A guy in England had a piece of a fitting go through his eye. For me that just isn't worth the risk with anything I am not 100% sure about.

To be honest I've seen so many hoses/fittings fail lately that it's starting to freak me out a bit.

Be safe guys. You are messing with large amounts of energy!

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-17-2003, 09:22 PM
...thank you for scaring the *bleep* out of me :)

tony3
11-17-2003, 11:02 PM
oh great why to get me super nervous*puts blanket over head*

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-18-2003, 12:05 AM
wait a min...how on earth did the fitting blow up?

Mossman
11-18-2003, 03:10 AM
i had a crappy plastic fitting that came with a gun explode into my stomach. I was holding it near my stomach cuz i was just testing it if it would fail, wanted it away from my face. It did. Ouch.

-=Squid=-
11-18-2003, 08:33 AM
Why would you use plastic air fittings at that high a pressure?

RRfireblade
11-18-2003, 08:52 AM
You all can do what ever,but I just got say, you got to be nuts to buy or sell anything that's a safty issue if your not 110% sure of the specs and intended use.Is an eye really worth $5? It's Macro line people,the stuff is dirt cheap anyway,if saving a buck is that big a deal try 1010-220 for all your long distance needs.;)

Jay.

-=Squid=-
11-18-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by RRfireblade
You all can do what ever,but I just got say, you got to be nuts to buy or sell anything that's a safty issue if your not 110% sure of the specs and intended use.Is an eye really worth $5? It's Macro line people,the stuff is dirt cheap anyway,if saving a buck is that big a deal try 1010-220 for all your long distance needs.;)

Jay. I never said I would sell it before I knew its safety, which im positive it is at this point. How can you lose an eye? It doesnt work like that. When the LINE blows and not the hose, a hole blows in the side. NOTHING goes flying, unless your using cheap fittings which would happen with any air line. Dont worry, it will be perfect safe. And your saving quit a bit more than a buck. Your saving about $4 per foot. Mabe more.

RRfireblade
11-18-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
I never said I would sell it before I knew its safety, which im positive it is at this point. How can you lose an eye? It doesnt work like that. When the LINE blows and not the hose, a hole blows in the side. NOTHING goes flying, unless your using cheap fittings which would happen with any air line. Dont worry, it will be perfect safe. And your saving quit a bit more than a buck. Your saving about $4 per foot. Mabe more.

That's fine. I'm not trying to bust chops, it just seems silly to be bargin hunting for something so inexpensive,plus the fact that a simple line failure puts you out of the game instantly.

FYI,

Bulk nylon Macro line goes for around $35 per 50' roll,it's gonna be tough to beat that by $4 a foot.;)

Jay.

FutureMagOwner
11-18-2003, 12:41 PM
lol seriously i would only use stainless steel now with no swivels or anything of the like after a macro line hose burst(and literally almost destroying a maxflow tank that had over 1000 psi in the tank still). if i could get some hardline that looped perfectly into my emag then i would definantly get that instead since it couldnt scratch my gun up.

-=Squid=-
11-18-2003, 01:43 PM
No im not selling it for $4 a foot, im selling it for 70 cents to 1 dollar a foot.

RRfireblade
11-18-2003, 01:52 PM
No im not selling it for $4 a foot, im selling it for 70 cents to 1 dollar a foot.

Your saving about $4 per foot. Mabe more.

Bulk nylon Macro line goes for around $35 per 50' roll

= .70 cents/foot

it's gonna be tough to beat that by $4 a foot.

;)

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-18-2003, 05:16 PM
lol i'm still into buying this. my fittings are save and the hose isn't gonna go flying. if so...then i'm screwed

-=Squid=-
11-18-2003, 07:54 PM
what are you italking about? Im not selling it for $4!!!! Its gonna be about a buck a foot, mabe a little less, and you wont have to buy 50 feet of it to get it...

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-18-2003, 08:17 PM
welp squid. update us on when this will be available for purchase and it's current safety. cause my macroline is so short it's block my trigger.

RRfireblade
11-18-2003, 09:56 PM
what are you italking about? Im not selling it for $4!!!! Its gonna be about a buck a foot, mabe a little less, and you wont have to buy 50 feet of it to get it...

Geez.....I'm not sure it's even worth the effort but I guess I will explain it one more time.....

You said you are saving people at least $4 per foot if they buy from you.

I am saying Bulk nylon Macro can be bought for .70 cents a foot,that's less than $1 retail.

Therefore, how can you save people 4$ a foot if it can already be bought for less than 1$ per foot.

I'm out.

SSilver2k2
11-19-2003, 01:13 AM
im interested in a nice big bulk order. ill send ya a pm.

-=Squid=-
11-19-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by RRfireblade

Geez.....I'm not sure it's even worth the effort but I guess I will explain it one more time.....

You said you are saving people at least $4 per foot if they buy from you.

I am saying Bulk nylon Macro can be bought for .70 cents a foot,that's less than $1 retail.

Therefore, how can you save people 4$ a foot if it can already be bought for less than 1$ per foot.

I'm out. Snarl. Pbgear sells it for $5 a foot. The purpose of this is not to sell in bulk, but to save the average joe who doesnt want to buy 50' feet of it some money. Sheesh. It may be .70 a foot, but they dont sell one foot at a time. Likely, I Will. And holy crap man, you want 200' of it? I will be back to you shortly, and will know the safeness of the nylon probably tonight. Im still skeptical on the polyurethane though, its holding up nicely...

RRfireblade
11-19-2003, 10:43 AM
Hey man,

I'm sorry if I messed up your thread I probably shouldn't have even commented.I just thought the whole "great deal" on an item that's only like a couple of bucks anyway was kinda funny.

PM me if you want,and I'll delete all my posts if they bother you.

Seriously,no harm intended.

Jay.

-=Squid=-
11-19-2003, 10:52 AM
Nah man, I dont mind. I just am trying to pass some savings off to AO.