PDA

View Full Version : Lvl X and PSI velocity adjustments.

GrimHrs
10-29-2003, 06:09 PM
Hey guys,

I had a question about my minimag. Since I put my Lvl X in I can't seem to chrono over 300. I know that I don't need it over that when playing tourney, but I do when playing recball with the weenies I play with. If I adjust it over 260, I have a problem with balls slicing about 25ft out the barrell. I had the barrell honned so I know there is no problem there.. any suggestions???

Grimhrs

rmhawk
10-29-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by GrimHrs
I know that I don't need it over that when playing tourney, but I do when playing recball with the weenies I play with.

OUCH!

PyRo
10-29-2003, 08:40 PM
No help for you untill you promise not to play with your velocity over 300fps :)

GrimHrs
10-29-2003, 10:01 PM
I don't shoot over 260fps when I play tourney cause they penalize for anything over 300fps but when we play rec everyone plays at about 325-350ish because the recball feild we have is well over 200 yards.. and the weenies like to hang out in the pool section of our field and lob at us. They like to stay put as where I like to get up close and personal.. so sometimes I'm shooting about 50 yards or more.. lobbing is inaccurate and luckish. I like to be precise....

ChucktheMAGician
10-29-2003, 10:14 PM
I had always heard that masks were rated to take hits from paintballs at 300fps. I'm sure there is a little variance there but if you put someones eye out won't you feel like crap?

GrimHrs
10-29-2003, 10:48 PM
Good point, but wouldn't it be the same as getting a mask broke on a bunker???

athomas
10-30-2003, 10:13 AM
Try using a barrel with a larger bore. A tight bore can cause inaccuracies due to slicing, especially with imperfect paint. A large bore barrel is more forgiving for a wide variety of paint. A large bore barrel will also be more efficient and allow you to get your velocity higher.

You should never play with your velocity over 300. If someone were to get injured and it was known that you intentionally played with your velocity over 300, you could open yourself up to a lawsuit.