PDA

View Full Version : BKO on c02?

FalconGuy016
10-29-2003, 08:44 PM
Hey

Can a BKO run on c02 well and consistantly?
Or does it take a regulator, or is it not worth it?

Thanks

speedyejl
10-29-2003, 08:48 PM
You can get it to run on Co2 consistently just might take a little work.

For starters an anti syphon Co2 tank of course, then probably something like a Palmer Stablizer and maybe a new LPR like a micro rock.

The stock regs aren't designed with Co2 in mind at all. As long as you make sure liquid Co2 doesn't get into the solenoid it will fun fine.

camilion705
10-29-2003, 10:53 PM
you can get it to work, but why pay $80 for a stabalizer + cost of anti-syphon + cost of a larger co2 tank when you can buy a cheap nitro tank?

Falcon1
10-30-2003, 12:19 AM
Well if i were you, I would not use co2 at all go for n2 or air what ever you like. I found that co2 sucks.:D

speedyejl
10-30-2003, 12:25 AM
I would consider an upgrade of both the HPR and LPR on any Bushmaster a worthy upgrade regardless if you want to run nitro or Co2. Both the Palmer Stablizer and Micro Rock are great Co2 regs and nitro regs. Its worth it one way or another :)

camilion705
10-30-2003, 07:42 PM
very true

But no electros really like co2, so just buy a nitro tank and(a)new reg(s)!

sniper1rfa
10-30-2003, 09:37 PM
no electros really like co2???

my mayhem does ± 2 all day with good paint - on co2...

any gun can be set up to run co2 well, except RT's (you still can, its just much more difficult and not worth the trouble). I have seen angels, BKO's, bushmasters, cockers, and any number of other high end guns run on co2. You just have to do it right. I have a bk2k here whose owner rns nothing but co2.

Usually, an anti siphon tank does it. sometimes (in the angels case, maybe some others), you need to relube/grease with something compatible with co2. Normally though, its fine.

a BKO should run fine on co2.

speedyejl
10-30-2003, 09:53 PM
Speaking of lubes, for Co2 operation ALWAYS go with Dow 33 on orings. Its designed to preform extremely well at low temperatures and swells orings better than any other grease out there.

Don't use Dow33 on bolt orings, or other constantly moving orings. It does its job so well it will cause extra friction. If you have a delrin bolt it will swell that too which really isnt good. My favorite for Delrin bolts on Imps, Bushies, Timmies, and the sort if Triflow. Awsome stuff, doesnt swell the bolt super low friction

~WarpedRT#2~
10-30-2003, 10:07 PM
Yeah, the Nova ET worked like a MOFO on Co2. Anyway, YOu might want to try a SP Max Flo, not taht I like them or anything, but I've heard they do well on Co2. Anti syphon is about the best way to keep liquid out. with an anti syphon, i dont think you would need another reg. That should take all the liquid out.

camilion705
10-30-2003, 11:44 PM
I said they dont really like co2. but of course any gun will work on co2 excluding the usual rt etc...

kosmo
10-31-2003, 06:52 AM
Ive used a Bushy on co2 for almost 2 years now. Works wonderfully unless its cold outside. I got antisiphon ran through a female stab to a vert sidewinder on a stock lpr. Had some problems initially but that was because of a bad reg which has since been rectified. Rather pricey though, but it really helps in the middle of bum "fudge" korea where you cant get air.

sniper1rfa
10-31-2003, 09:28 AM
uh, DOW wasnt designed to swell o-rings. It wasnt designed for paintball. Its just a specific viscosity grease, designed for certain operating perameters (temperature range, environment...).

SP made a bad choice of grease, IMO. dow is thick and slow, and it dries quickly. :rolleyes:

I personally use a generic 1 lb bottle of anti-seize i bought from mcmaster. It works great, nice and thin so its fast, and it gets rid of any stiction. Good for LX and such. And i never have to regrease.

I actually only use grease for pistons and places with a tight o-ring seal, where stiction could be a problem, or i dont feel like maintaining. . For things like blowback hammers and similar, i use oil. For bolts (stacked tube semis and such) i use a light silicon spray.

sneakyhacker420
10-31-2003, 09:23 PM
dow 33 is the only lube i ever use anymore!

impulse loves it! and it WONT swell delrin bolts nor o-rings, oil WILL swell up delrin though :rolleyes:

i use dow 33 on all of my on/off o-rings on my e-mag and on all of the LX o-rings, and i use it on my cocker bolts, and the bottom part of the sear where it rubs against the trigger plate... its the only thing i need :p

and it doesnt dry up! if anything, it lasts longer, and from ymy experience, it does its job better than oil, keeping the LX o-rings lubricated longer so i don't need to re-lube them mid-day

Originally posted by sniper1rfa
uh, DOW wasnt designed to swell o-rings. It wasnt designed for paintball. Its just a specific viscosity grease, designed for certain operating perameters (temperature range, environment...).

SP made a bad choice of grease, IMO. dow is thick and slow, and it dries quickly. :rolleyes:

I personally use a generic 1 lb bottle of anti-seize i bought from mcmaster. It works great, nice and thin so its fast, and it gets rid of any stiction. Good for LX and such. And i never have to regrease.

I actually only use grease for pistons and places with a tight o-ring seal, where stiction could be a problem, or i dont feel like maintaining. . For things like blowback hammers and similar, i use oil. For bolts (stacked tube semis and such) i use a light silicon spray.

u6e6
11-01-2003, 09:20 AM
you got to adjust the Low pressure chamber i think like all the way in then u gota back it out again.

robear153
12-04-2003, 09:55 PM
why dont u just by a new hpa stell tank for about 70$??

dinger
12-04-2003, 10:04 PM
dont use co2 at all

even with a stabilizer pfff!

the pressure will rise, and if your hpr is set at the "recommended" amount of psi then the pressure will rise eventually, and it will leak out of the lpr due to too much pressure.

when its cold, even though there is no liquid the extremely cold air isn't the best thing for the gun. i speak from experience. 4 shots froze my gun practically last saturday!:eek:

anti-siphon tube is a pushover

for those of you who dont know how it works, here's a quick explanation.
a brass tube is put onto the valve on your tank. the valve is put on according to the threads on your ASA. the tube is then put onto the valve, and is bent upwards to the top of the tank [when its screwed in] so that only the lighter material [air duh] is being sucked in. while even though the liquid is on the bottom, while you're running, aiming, popping out of bunkers, and tilting in various directions the liquid still has a chance of getting into the tube. if i could i would post a diagram on how it works.

then again, what would dinger know? :)

FalconGuy016
12-04-2003, 10:05 PM
No it was for a friend, I just wanted to know cause neither of us knew. He ended up getting a 68/4500 crossfire cause he budjet unexpectedly increased, but, thanks for all the info :) and you guys gave me some lube info that I needed also

W00t go AO

dinger
12-04-2003, 10:08 PM
yay

ExtremeODD
12-04-2003, 10:28 PM
takes about 30 shots to freeze my gun when its cold with CO2... im not too worried, since its just a spyderclone... this is with a antisyphon tank, no expansion chamber or nething. i practice shooting in my backyard since i got a nice sized wall about 40 feet away, a transformer i shoot at about 60 feet away, an arby's sign, its real fun, expically when its like POP, POP, POP, PLOP, click, click, click, POP, click, click, click (sometimes this will go on for 5 mins then itll shoot like 10 times then refreeze)