PDA

View Full Version : ? about Lvl x when it is factory installed.

The Fiat
10-30-2003, 10:41 AM
How much adjustment is needed on a gun w/ Lvl 10 that comes from the factory with it stock?

I am buying a mag w/ x-valve & Lvl 10 that is coming direct from AGD, and I was wondering if I'll hsve to mess around a lot with it.

Dayspring
10-30-2003, 10:52 AM
Yes and no.

Depends on how busy they were. My Xmag's valve needed to be tweaked b/c the oring was WAY tight.

Gas it up, try shooting it. If it doesn't shoot, turn up velocity. If it doesn't shoot then, time to tweak the setup.

BlackVCG
10-30-2003, 11:34 AM
AGD sets up the valves VERY tight from the factory. You will notice velocity fluctuations on a brand new gun for awhile. Feed it some oil and get out and shoot it a bunch. The best thing to do is just put some use on it and then after about a case or two, take out the valve and check the fit of the LX o-ring. Slide the bolt back and forth on the powertube and if it feels like it's really "sticky", the o-ring is too tight. Take out the carrier and use the SAME o-ring in the carrier one half size larger. So if a 1.0 is in there now, go to a 1.5.

Try the "fit" test again. Keep increasing the size of the carrier until it starts to leak down the barrel and then go back one carrier.