PDA

View Full Version : Trojan Virus?!?!?

RoadDawg
10-30-2003, 01:05 PM
How do you get rid of Trojan Horse viruses. By the way I know a little about computers so make it in general terms. Thanx

cphilip
10-30-2003, 01:09 PM
I dunno but an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure when it comes to Trojans. Use a fresh one every time I say....

Bad_Dog
10-30-2003, 01:20 PM
lol, thats what I was thinking when I saw the title...

OfficerGoat
10-30-2003, 01:30 PM
CP should swap his nic to Trojan Man.... dun dun daaa... Dun Dun Daa....

Ohh.. to the original question.....http://www.symantec.com/ , These guys make Norton Anti Virus.... they know their stuff. I highly recomend installing and running Norton if you havent already got it... Just the antivirus though.. their other products are so so in my book.

Good luck wihth that pc

RoadDawg
10-30-2003, 03:28 PM
I've already got Norton Anti Virus. That is how I found out I had a trojan virus. It couldn't get rid of it but made the file inexcessable. I just want to know how to dump it.

PyRo
10-30-2003, 03:53 PM
Start menu, all programs, nortan anti virus, quarantine, then it should list the files you quarantined and have an option to delete them.

pbzmag
10-31-2003, 12:45 AM
Try www.trendmicro.com. I found a virus on a computer that I cleaned out with McAfee, or so I thought. So I head out the TM to make sure that I cleaned it out. Turns out that it was still there but was able to clean it. McAfee actually just deleted the file.

virus
10-31-2003, 01:19 PM
yup its that time again......

[highjack thread]
i didnt do it
noone saw me do it
ya cant prove anything.....
[/highjack thread]

and now back to the discussion :D