PDA

View Full Version : AGD in trouble?

skittlesRgood
10-30-2003, 03:35 PM
thread is over.

Muzikman
10-30-2003, 03:37 PM
This is a rumor that has been going around for years. I wouldn't plan on it happening.

Army
10-30-2003, 03:38 PM
Yes, they lied to you.

fire1811
10-30-2003, 03:41 PM
I see bob long going out of the gun buisness before AGD does

skittlesRgood
10-30-2003, 03:44 PM
well national paintball owns bob long so i dont see bob long going put any time soon. it sounds legit though... he told me that tippmann is gunna go out soon to but that national is gunna buy them.

RoadDawg
10-30-2003, 03:53 PM
Tippman and Kingman both rule the "beginner/Entry level class" . I don't see them going anywhere anytime soon either. I believe it is a good ol fashioned fib.

BajaBoy
10-30-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by skittlesRgood
well national paintball owns bob long so i dont see bob long going put any time soon. it sounds legit though... he told me that tippmann is gunna go out soon to but that national is gunna buy them.

tippmenn going out? lol ok

Clare
10-30-2003, 04:22 PM
AGD isn't going anywhere!! :D

edweird
10-30-2003, 04:24 PM
Im suprized the guy didnt try talking you into a new shocker.... damn them ppl and the shady sales/marketing tactics

Dayspring
10-30-2003, 04:25 PM
"We've been hosed..."

You got flat out LIED to. Isn't it nice that your proshop guy will do that to you? Makes you wonder if your gun needed all those upgrades he told you.

LaW
10-30-2003, 04:25 PM
I aslo heard that the world will end in a couple hours. Fairwell all

shartley
10-30-2003, 04:27 PM
Yeah… AGD is going out of business as fast as I am.

That rumor never gets old.

krafty
10-30-2003, 04:28 PM
... and I heard if you eat pop-rocks and drink a can of soda, your stomach will blow up! :rolleyes:

Dayspring
10-30-2003, 04:36 PM
AGD's one of the few surviving original paintball companies.

In fact, if the ability to make electro guns was removed tomorrow, there are 4 gun makers that would survive.

WGP (and all cocker clones)
Tippmann
Kingman (and all spyder clones)
AGD

Wanna tell me why?

Rebel46_99
10-30-2003, 05:00 PM
It would be interesting to know what that "Owner's" name is. If he says he can't divulge that, then he has no business even bringing it up.

Better yet... Your boss will probably be out of business before AGD!!!

DW

Mutilus
10-30-2003, 05:06 PM
Newsflash: AGD is going out of business also The end of the world, scenes at eleven... now here's Tom with the weather.

xadamx
10-30-2003, 05:10 PM
if all the remaining mech companies went out of business this is the order in which they would iIMO
1kingman
2tippman
3agd
4wgp

spyder markets their guns to kids too well. they are cheap, fast, and pretty(kind of)

tippman OWNS the rental industry and most of the senario world

agd and wgp make the most high end mechs out there. they shoot good look good and are tough as nails(if you dont mess with your cocker anyway)

these people will be around for a long long time

BD_Paintball
10-30-2003, 05:15 PM
they didnt say "you just got Punk'd" at the end??

alkafluence
10-30-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by LaW
I aslo heard that the world will end in a couple hours. Fairwell all

To quote a children's book: "The sky is falling."

thei3ug
10-30-2003, 06:09 PM
here's what I've heard from both Evil AND PMI reps (not to pick on them.... just i haven't been able to laugh at palmer or AKA out loud yet):

AGD is out of business

AGD doesn't make guns anymore

Aluminum bodied mags? nice toy, but it'll never perform anything like the epiranha/omen.

we don't carry parts for mags, no one uses them anymore. We carry lots of parts for the impulse... (for this conversation i was privvy to a few prototype pieces from Evil a few months prior to this... the ones they showed me degraded performance and needed serious thought).

A competitor will say ANYTHING THAT COMES TO MIND FIRST. It doesn't mean they're necessarily bad people. It means they're doing what they can to MAKE A SALE. I had to work side by side with a PMI guy once... my god, he could talk your heart into a piranha after looking at an angel in a heartbeat, and never lift a pricetag.

Would I mind an automag sold cheap by a frightened owner? Not at all. I can not afford even a basic, but... don't trust anything a store owner says, a store employee, or a sales rep. They're there to sell what they can, and if they don't have the info or it goes contrary...

that's that.

Python14
10-30-2003, 06:53 PM
Hey yall, my internship supervisor told me that Microsoft is going out of business due to bankruptsy.....;)

AGD isn't going anywhere but up.

GT
10-30-2003, 07:04 PM
tippmann is gunna go out soon to but that national is gunna buy them.

Right, didnt they just build a 3millon sq foot facility to intagrate everything in one place?

ezrunner
10-30-2003, 07:46 PM
If AGD was going out of business they would start shedding fat to reduce load, all mags would start flowing out at bottom prices, the new TAC-ONE would not be coming out, and they would have not just spend probably $10,000.00 or whatever to setup at world cup.

AGD is going to be around for a while and TOM! !!!!

THAT PNEUMATIC TRIGGER IS THE MOST EXCITING THING I'VE EVER SEEN IN PAINTBALL.

AGD is going to be around for a while and if they cared to they could destroy the industry since they own patents that could break certain other operations.

Think about this, how many markers have a "blow forward" system with "one moving part"? Tom holds them in the palm of his hand.

-rob

~WarpedRT#2~
10-30-2003, 09:24 PM
Yeah that Pop Rocks and soda thing isnt true. That rumor started when the actor who played "Mikey" from the life commercials supposedly drank 6 cans of soda, and 6 bags or Pop Rocks. They said his stomoch exploded.

It didnt. He is alive, but his acting carrer...RIP.

Trina
10-30-2003, 09:39 PM
Wow, that is craziness!!

I can't stand when people make stuff up just to get a sale...after the moment he said that, if it were me, I'd be doubting this persons integrity and it would be hard for me to buy anything from him after that!! :D

deathstalker
10-30-2003, 10:26 PM
Looking at it from a business side of things, AGD is a private company; therefore it is highly unlikely any competitors know their financial status. Conversely, AGD could close up shop in a heartbeat and the first you would know about it is when you can't log on to AO anymore.

As much as I hate to throw out the ever-popular, "Sue them!" phrase, rumors like this could damage AGD's business and if they can demonstrate that, their competitors could have a lawsuit on their hands. Granted, the lawyers would cost more than they're worth, so it's doubtful any legal action would be taken.

Good salespeople don't badmouth competitors' products; they talk about how their own products fit the customers' needs.

skittlesRgood
10-30-2003, 10:30 PM
well all ur points are well taken, i was sceptical about that info too. as for the people making fun of my boss and me, the owner of national paintball's name is johnny. he visits our store and has told me a lot about paintball. also, he was selling me the guns at less than whole sale so he wasnt making any money off of me, so y lie? i just found out today that hes going to have bob long himself come to our store to talk to me about the guns. and i might be getting the 2k2 intimidator for $600 from johnny. but so that there are no hard feelings, my boss lives on BS, he lies about a lot and will go stongly with whatever he is told. as u said hes a sales man, thats his job. but thanx for the info everyone.

skittlesRgood
10-30-2003, 10:36 PM
well to wrap this up im just gunna say that if national cant get me a mag then im gunna go for an impulse and a hpa tank. cant aford the mag when its full price but he impulse seems to be nice enouph. thanx again guys. cya

Impuls
10-30-2003, 10:42 PM
The day AGD goes out of business is the day the Gardeners decide to let everybody build electros free of lawsuits :D Like that's ever gonna happen :rolleyes:

Tunaman
10-30-2003, 11:08 PM
jOHNNY?

AGD
10-30-2003, 11:49 PM
I am actually surprised and question if it was Johnny. We are good friends, he sponsored AGD Factory for Xball.

The fact someone said we are going out of business doesn't surprise me at all. Its been happening for years.

AGD

skittlesRgood
10-31-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by AGD
I am actually surprised and question if it was Johnny. We are good friends, he sponsored AGD Factory for Xball.

The fact someone said we are going out of business doesn't surprise me at all. Its been happening for years.

AGD

thanx a lot for making that post, i really only wanted to hear from some one like u, lol. well its good to know that agd is gunna stick around, i supose the lawsuit i heard about is wrong too if ur good friends. but i have 1 question... if agd and national get along so well then y cant johnny get that mag? lemme know if u have any info on that one. it was suposed to go to 'play it again sports, fremont' hopefuly something can be sorted out so that i get a mag. plz pm me back and leave me somewhere i can get back to u about this. thanx again mr. prez. hope to hear from u soon

skittles

Dayspring
10-31-2003, 12:33 AM
play it again sports is a used sporting goods store.

skittlesRgood
10-31-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Dayspring
play it again sports is a used sporting goods store.

i work there i think i know what it is. we used to be, and i think still are the largest 32 degrees distributor in the bay, maybe even more. and we sell a lot more new than used.

Dayspring
10-31-2003, 12:39 AM
And we knew that b/c you told us right? :rolleyes:

skittlesRgood
10-31-2003, 12:43 AM
yes when i said my boss told me, and that my boss talked to national. coulda put 2 and 2 together. but i was just informing u that play it again is more than most people think. didnt mean to be rude, if thats what u thought then im sorry. didnt mean to offend. lol the owner of this store actualy wants to turn it into a paintball shop. were all paintball freaks there :D

Beemer
10-31-2003, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by AGD

AGD

Years,Try a decade plus Wizard. Never ending De Ja vue here.
Nice Chuff though,Mr Wizard. Hey ya think Capo would sign me a Poster? {Hi Capo,Would ya}

HOMOCIDAL2
10-31-2003, 06:23 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Beemer

Nice Chuff though,Mr Wizard. Hey ya think Capo would sign me a Poster? {Hi Capo,Would ya} [/B][/QUOTE

why would somebody disrespect Tom Kaye like this?

GA Devil
10-31-2003, 09:37 AM
Thats funny that national is telling them they cant do mags or parts. Thats where My local store orders all mine and my wifes parts from. And yes there has been some very recent stuff ordered and come in on time. But considering National is also Diablo who is also 888 paintball. Im sure they can get the mag stuff.;) Just my 46 cents worth

Muzikman
10-31-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by HOMOCIDAL2
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Beemer

Nice Chuff though,Mr Wizard. Hey ya think Capo would sign me a Poster? {Hi Capo,Would ya} [/QUOTE

why would somebody disrespect Tom Kaye like this? [/B]

Disrespect?

Hexis
10-31-2003, 11:05 AM
Maybe we can ger MythBusters to do a part of a show on this continued urban and totally false myth.

AGD
10-31-2003, 11:29 AM
National probably said no Mags because we are in the process of making the new stock rail (that you all helped on) and we are out of old rails. This means we didn't ship any Classics this month and NPS are out of stock.

AGD

funkmunky56
10-31-2003, 11:59 AM
I wonder how Gino would feel if someone told him that Johnny's goin' around tellin' people that HE'S the owner of NPS... don't think he ever said that. Cuz Gino'd kick his arse.

Johnny is a VP of sales and my store's personal sales rep... and Gino Postorivo's brother. NOT the owner. And I can't imagine him saying anything that stupid, just to get a sale. He's a man of decent integrity, and as TK said, a friend of AGD. Perhaps you just got facts wrong from your store owner. Not a big deal, happens all the time. My store owners still tell people that 'cockers are more accurate than anything else. Heh heh...

--Dave

skittlesRgood
10-31-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by AGD
National probably said no Mags because we are in the process of making the new stock rail (that you all helped on) and we are out of old rails. This means we didn't ship any Classics this month and NPS are out of stock.

AGD

actualy it was a minimag that i ordered.

Hexis
10-31-2003, 02:54 PM
Same rail, different body.

hitech
10-31-2003, 02:54 PM
Actualy it was a minimag that I ordered.

Minimags use the classic rail, so it's the same issue.

Beemer
10-31-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by HOMOCIDAL2

why would somebody disrespect Tom Kaye like this?

No dis here, I only know Tom K as the Wizard. Since way back when he came out with the Micro CA.

Ok Wizard dont be laughing at me to hard now

skittlesRgood
10-31-2003, 03:19 PM
thought that might be the case. well if the prez would plz leave me a place to contact him then maybe we can get this hole thing worked out. if he doesnt leave me a place to contact him ill leave a post here when i get more info on this mess. thanx

skittles

1stdeadeye
10-31-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by funkmunky56
I wonder how Gino would feel if someone told him that Johnny's goin' around tellin' people that HE'S the owner of NPS... don't think he ever said that. Cuz Gino'd kick his arse.

True

Johnny is a VP of sales and my store's personal sales rep... and Gino Postorivo's brother. NOT the owner.

Actually they are cousins, not brothers.

And I can't imagine him saying anything that stupid, just to get a sale. He's a man of decent integrity, and as TK said, a friend of AGD. Perhaps you just got facts wrong from your store owner.

Agreed!

Considering that National has Mag stuff in their display case at their store inside their headquarters in Mantua, NJ.

They have an R/T and MicroMag on the display wall. They have Mag Barrells and repair kits in the display shelves. Last weekend, they also had a warp and level 10 kit in their main display. Yeah, they don't support mag stuff!:rolleyes:

Kaiser Bob
10-31-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by xadamx
if all the remaining mech companies went out of business this is the order in which they would iIMO
1kingman
2tippman
3agd
4wgp

spyder markets their guns to kids too well. they are cheap, fast, and pretty(kind of)

tippman OWNS the rental industry and most of the senario world

agd and wgp make the most high end mechs out there. they shoot good look good and are tough as nails(if you dont mess with your cocker anyway)

these people will be around for a long long time

Kingman would go nowhere, they are a HUGE corporation with many branches, they even do major motion pictures. If paintball vanished off the face of the earth tomorrow Kingman would probably be able to withstand the revenue loss till they found another cash cow

Albinonewt
10-31-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by shartley
Yeah… AGD is going out of business as fast as I am.

Don't be too confident, you don't know what I'm cooking up for Mischief night :)