PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to the SC AO meet (Thank you!!)

Clare
10-30-2003, 04:58 PM
Well it all started with a little comment on the SC AO meet thread and with the tremendous help of some AO'ers, it looks like I'm gonna go!! I'm still in shock! I wouldn't be able to go, if not for you all. They're taking care of everything. :eek: Muzikman won't tell me everyone who's involved so I can't specifically thank everyone (which i'd love to). For now, I can personally thank Muzikman, Cphilip, Dayspring, Trina, Fatman, and LoadSM5. A Huge thanks to everyone who had a hand in this, as well. My sincerest appreciation! :D :D (Please post if I've missed your name!)

AO'ers are the best!!

http://us.greet1.yimg.com/img.greetings.yahoo.com/g/img/sanrio/thanksfairy.gif Yes, it's corny but it had Hello Kitty in it. :p

personman
10-30-2003, 05:34 PM
Yay! heh
I guess I'll see you again :p

SpongeBobSquarePants
10-30-2003, 06:25 PM
WOOT!!!! wow thats great, awsome your gonna be there HURAYY!!!:D :D :D

cphilip
10-30-2003, 06:29 PM
YAY!!!!!

Note to self: Change Celebs list and buy extra candy.... :D

xrancid_milkx
10-30-2003, 06:34 PM
Where in California is this taking place? This is the first time I've ever seen an AO meet coming to Cali, sweet!

Where and when is it happening?

wyn1370
10-30-2003, 06:39 PM
SC= south carolina
So Cal= Southern Cali

and capo we're all glad you'll be there. I'll have a nice cold carbomb waiting just for you (note previous statement is subject to change depending on what the bar has).

hitech
10-30-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by xrancid_milkx
Where in California is this taking place?

SC stands for South Carolina, not Southern California.

Now if I can only talk my wife into letting me spend the money.

BTW, Jet blue has cheap fairs from Oak to Atl if anyone is interested (you have to drive from Atlanta). If you take the red eye Wed night and return VERY early Sun morning it's less than $200.

cphilip
10-30-2003, 06:51 PM
I been wanting to fly Hooters air. I dunno why. I guess I just would feel so safe nesseled up between two big... um.... engines.

xrancid_milkx
10-30-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by hitech

SC stands for South Carolina, not Southern California.

Now if I can only talk my wife into letting me spend the money.

BTW, Jet blue has cheap fairs from Oak to Atl if anyone is interested (you have to drive from Atlanta). If you take the red eye Wed night and return VERY early Sun morning it's less than $200.

NOOOOOOOOO!!

O'well. I guess I get to wait for one to come here. :(

hitech
10-30-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
I been wanting to fly Hooters air.

Hooters air? Am I missing something? Cause I wouldn't want to miss soemthing like that! ;)

Seriously, I don't get it.

EDIT: There really is a hooters air. Check it out! :D

BobTheCow
10-30-2003, 07:00 PM
lol Hooters Air is just what it sounds like... really!!

Jet Blue - my dad works for the DOT, he had to do this whole big thing dealing with Jet Blue, involved like a week long business trip to New York and everything, and the result is - THEY ROCK!! Like, everything about them is awesome... the founder or whatever originally was involved with Southwest, but left to start Jet Blue. He took everything that worked well that Southwest did... and then got rid of everything that people didn't like.
They ended up using only one kind of plane, more room in the cabin, TVs at every seat (seriously!!), and all sorts of cool stuff that people like.
They keep the costs down by flying where there isn't much competition... so since Oakland to Atlanta obviously isn't a HUGE target, they can do that. On the flip side, they don't do NY to DC... but again, the costs aren't ridiculous!!

So, to finish off my thread hijack... LUCKY SOUTH CAROLINIANS!!!!! WISH I COULD BE THERE!!!!!! :mad: :D :p

Muzikman
10-30-2003, 07:09 PM
https://reservations.hootersair.com/Criteria.aspx

Muzikman
10-30-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by wyn1370
SC= south carolina
So Cal= Southern Cali

and capo we're all glad you'll be there. I'll have a nice cold carbomb waiting just for you (note previous statement is subject to change depending on what the bar has).

Explorers had Guinness in a can, so we should be all good:)

speedyejl
10-30-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Muzikman
https://reservations.hootersair.com/Criteria.aspx

Wow, very nice

Mango
10-30-2003, 08:29 PM
Im coming too. Maybe 1stdeadeye and the crew will want to caravan or something? :cool:

cphilip
10-30-2003, 08:39 PM
ALRIGHT MANGO!!!! This is great news. Its been a long time since we seen you.

The Ramada bar is a full bar. Also keep in mind last call is 11:00 on Saturday nights here. Explorers is Beer and Wine only but I have purchased a Keg for us and there will also be a cash beer and wine bar if someone wants anything else. As is customary we will have our own "Tiki bar" back there and Laura will be running it. And we will have our couple normal couple of ladies waiting just on us. We do have the whole place again. So think ahead and stock your rooms for late Saturday night and Sunday if you wish. Or bring a milk jug and finish draining the keg before we leave on Saturday night to go back to the hotel. No sales on Sunday except in Greenville at Restraunts. But might make a nice trip for the hangers on. I am down for it if anyone is still around. And there is of course private membership bars.

Grasshopper
10-30-2003, 11:48 PM
Real Food on most flights!
Anyone ever actually taken a Hooters Air flight? How was it?

Dayspring
10-31-2003, 12:15 AM
Don't wait for one. Make your own.

Originally posted by xrancid_milkx

NOOOOOOOOO!!

O'well. I guess I get to wait for one to come here. :(

Sinistarr
10-31-2003, 01:08 AM
Glad to hear you are coming clare! Looking forward to meeting you!

~G

DiRTyBuNNy
10-31-2003, 01:46 AM
Yeah..I went to the AO-SC meet last weekend...as in Southern California..hahahaha....except we had smoke and ashes raining down on us...

GA Devil
10-31-2003, 10:50 AM
Glad it is going to work out. Looking forward to meeting you in person.

ICOM
10-31-2003, 01:51 PM
Glad it worked out for you clare. Still doesnt help my problem of going :(

barberjohn
10-31-2003, 03:58 PM
yea, u know what sucks, i live an hour from clemson(where ao sc day will be held), and i cant come. my stupid cousin is having her stupid batmitsfa(sp?) in boston, and im not even Jewish. naw, shes cool, but still, i am going to miss ao day for the second freakin year in a row:mad: . oh well, i guess i will just wait for next year:( . hope yall have fun!!!!

barberjohn
10-31-2003, 04:00 PM
oh yes, you know yall like that southern accent(stupid northerners):D .

Albinonewt
10-31-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by wyn1370

Team Drunken Fury?

And it's great you'll be there Capo.

Please bring some posters to sign, I have a favor to ask.....

Albinonewt
10-31-2003, 04:58 PM
I been wanting to fly Hooters air. I dunno why. I guess I just would feel so safe nesseled up between two big... um.... engines.

Some buddies and I are taking a trip to Mrytle Beach in the Spring for just that reason.

GA Devil
10-31-2003, 04:59 PM
Yes definatly need to sign some posters....lol. Now if someone can just bring them.

Trina
10-31-2003, 08:34 PM
This is going to be too cool!! Carbombs? Hope they can do 'em, if not, we will have to think of something to subsitute...nothing too lethal though..

Glad to hear Mango finally decided to join in the fun :)

1stdeadeye
10-31-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by SprayingMango
Im coming too. Maybe 1stdeadeye and the crew will want to caravan or something? :cool:

You're in bro! PM me. We can meet at exit 1 or you can just leave your car at my house when we go to pick up Tuna, Newt, and Day.

We will be in a Suburban or Minivan. Still haven't decided which yet.

Mango
10-31-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye

You're in bro! PM me. We can meet at exit 1 or you can just leave your car at my house when we go to pick up Tuna, Newt, and Day.

We will be in a Suburban or Minivan. Still haven't decided which yet.

woohoo! thanks Scott! I will meet at your house, PM me directions from rowan when you get a chance. :D :D

**Edit: Page 2 owned!

ntn4502
11-01-2003, 12:51 AM
you people are really pushing me...still thinking about it

Dayspring
11-01-2003, 01:31 AM
You BETTER show up Nelson! Football comes every sunday. SC AO is ONCE a year!

Albinonewt
11-01-2003, 05:45 AM
Yeah dude. SC is pretty backwards but I'm sure we can find you a TV somewhere

Maybe we should just all chip in for a TIVO for the man?

1stdeadeye
11-01-2003, 07:52 AM
Hey NTN, I'll bring my little 2 inch LCD TV for you to watch your game on. If we strap it to your face, it'll look like a big screen!:D

You know you want to go!

cphilip
11-01-2003, 11:10 AM
Dudes.... this place we are having the Dinner is a Sports Bar.... no less than 17 TV's on Satellite will be in view at all time.

One of those TV's will of course be on the Clemson vs South Carolina game. I suspect the others can be tuned to anything else you want on. It will be no problem. Will not be able to hear them well but we expected people to want to keep up with their team. As that particular weekend is a big one for national rivalries. But there will be games on all over the room.

Muzikman
11-01-2003, 12:04 PM
Phil, unless we go to the bar at 12pm, he'll still miss the game:) I think the 2" TV would be the way to go....anyone have a dish we could hook it up to? :)

Clare
11-01-2003, 12:08 PM
Please bring some posters to sign, I have a favor to ask.....

Since I don't have any, I'm hoping Jon brings some along. :)

Btw, how did this go from a Thank you thread to a conversation on Hooters Air?

Nelson, you have to go! How can you pass up a chance to hang out with great people to watch some silly game? :p

1stdeadeye
11-01-2003, 01:05 PM
Phil, unless we go to the bar at 12pm, he'll still miss the game:) I think the 2" TV would be the way to go....anyone have a dish we could hook it up to? :)

Well if Cartman came, we could hook it up the dish up his bum!;)

Nelson,

Why do you care about the game anymore. They lost and are out of the hunt for a repeat title.:p Maryland on the other hand. We are knocking on the door!!!:rolleyes:

Albinonewt
11-01-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa
Btw, how did this go from a Thank you thread to a conversation on Hooters Air?

Um, do you really want to know that?

sneakyhacker420
11-01-2003, 10:15 PM
watch out for personman! he bites!!! :p

Major Ho
11-01-2003, 11:30 PM
Where is the nearest airport in relation to the field. I think i was reading in the other thread that Atlanta was 2 hours away. Theres GOT to be something closer?
BTW Hooters Air is actually the cheapest Ive found leaving from Dulles/Washington

Load SM5
11-01-2003, 11:49 PM
Well we've got a pile of people running through Atlanta on the way there. When would you be landing?

Muzikman
11-02-2003, 12:18 AM
Greenville is closer, but also smaller and more expensive to fly into. It's also not all that close (about an hour or so trip).

personman
11-02-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420
watch out for personman! he bites!!! :p
Watch out for sneakyhacker420! he put smart parts products on my old gun!!! :mad:

20 days remaining!

barberjohn
11-02-2003, 02:13 PM
if you fly usair, then charlotte is the hub around here, which is only an hour away, and would be the best place to land. oh, cphillip, are yall watching the usc vs clemson game at the esso, thats the best place to go:D . another question cphillip, jw, you dont happen to know steven or stuart barber do you? ones at grad school in arcitecture at clemson and one is a mech engineer at clemson, and that would be cool if you did.;)

sneakyhacker420
11-02-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by personman

Watch out for sneakyhacker420! he put smart parts products on my old gun!!! :mad:smart parts product

personman
11-02-2003, 06:26 PM
HMM, IF I DO RECALL CORRECTLY YOU ALSO PUT A SMART PARTS DROP ON MY GUN! :rolleyes:

stupid
there, I changed it :p

speedyejl
11-02-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by personman

wanker

Last time I heard that I was on the other side of the pond. Not allowed to say that here ,
http://www.impulseownersgroup.com/vb/images/smilies/no.gif

cphilip
11-02-2003, 06:36 PM

If its on regular TV then it should be no problem to have it on at the main table. I keep a 13" in the Camper. But no cable hook up out there is the only thing. But if its NBC, ABC or CBS then we can prolly get it in.

cphilip
11-02-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by barberjohn
if you fly usair, then charlotte is the hub around here, which is only an hour away, and would be the best place to land. oh, cphillip, are yall watching the usc vs clemson game at the esso, thats the best place to go:D . another question cphillip, jw, you dont happen to know steven or stuart barber do you? ones at grad school in arcitecture at clemson and one is a mech engineer at clemson, and that would be cool if you did.;)

Well really Charlotte is at least 2 hours from here. And Greenville Spartanburg is the "best" place to fly in but can be pricey when you wait till the last minute to book. Its really very cheap if you plan ahead though. But yea Charlotte and Atlanta are about equal distance if you cannot hop into GSP.

I do not think I know them. Don't recognise the names. But I can look em up if you want me to! Have them come over for this if they into paintball. Are they in the club or on the team? There are some new members on those I not met yet.

barberjohn
11-02-2003, 07:49 PM
naw, they are my brothers, and they arent really into paintball that much, unless someone else pays for it:D , u know how it is, ur always broke in college:rolleyes: . oh, and my bad, i was thinking an hour from charalotte to spartanburg, i forgot that it was an extra hour to clemson!

Clare
11-03-2003, 04:02 PM
Um, do you really want to know that?

Yes!

cphilip
11-03-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa

Yes!

I think it was my fault... as usual. :D

1stdeadeye
11-03-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by SprayingMango

woohoo! thanks Scott! I will meet at your house, PM me directions from rowan when you get a chance. :D :D

**Edit: Page 2 owned!

I call Mango for my team!:p Need a crazy front man!

Mango
11-03-2003, 05:55 PM

:p :cool:

cphilip
11-03-2003, 07:07 PM
Greenville is closer, but also smaller and more expensive to fly into. It's also not all that close (about an hour or so trip).

One thing to note, for the future, is that there are direct flights in from some places. Like Chicago and places like that. And if you plan ahead they are only like $29 more to go into GSP. However they fill up fast and often that cost difference rises dramatically when they do. And it gets right expensive when you do them late. Another hundred or so.

But normally if you chose to make the reservations early they are well cheaper than the extra money on a rental car and the extra travel time out of Atlanta. Later on they become cheaper to deal with Atlanta or even Charlotte AND the rental car. So its a matter of planning coming into GSP. Its a nice Facility and well worth flying into.

Albinonewt
11-03-2003, 07:42 PM
It's too bad I didn't know Clare and Mango were coming earlier, Icky Forest would have been nice...

ntn4502
11-03-2003, 08:38 PM

/me looks at the welt that never seemed to go away

Muzikman
11-04-2003, 06:35 PM
I looked into Greenville for Clare, but the flights were like $500+ and that was with some real ugly connecting flights. That's what ya get for flying out of a smaller airport into a smaller airport (or at least two non hubs). I didn't even look into Charlotte as I thought it would be too far away, I could have flown her into Charlotte with flyer miles:) Oh well...what's done is done, we'll know better for next year.

One thing to note, for the future, is that there are direct flights in from some places. Like Chicago and places like that. And if you plan ahead they are only like $29 more to go into GSP. However they fill up fast and often that cost difference rises dramatically when they do. And it gets right expensive when you do them late. Another hundred or so.

But normally if you chose to make the reservations early they are well cheaper than the extra money on a rental car and the extra travel time out of Atlanta. Later on they become cheaper to deal with Atlanta or even Charlotte AND the rental car. So its a matter of planning coming into GSP. Its a nice Facility and well worth flying into.

Muzikman
11-04-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by ntn4502

/me looks at the welt that never seemed to go away

So, Nelson, you coming or what?:)

ntn4502
11-04-2003, 08:39 PM
still thinking about how many years it would take before all of my friends would start talking to me again

Albinonewt
11-04-2003, 09:29 PM
Just tell them you're going to the game.

I'm sure we can scare you up some ticket stubs.

Dayspring
11-04-2003, 10:09 PM
Yeah. Remember that if you dis us, we won't speak to you either.

Rock and a hard place.

still thinking about how many years it would take before all of my friends would start talking to me again

ntn4502
11-04-2003, 10:10 PM
considering that 6 of my friends are actually going to the game, I doubt that would work

1stdeadeye
11-05-2003, 08:25 AM
Feeling sick?

You need to go home for say three days to recover!:D

Clare
11-16-2003, 05:36 PM
up (for displaying generosity a bit more!)

Wrathchild
11-16-2003, 05:44 PM
Nice sig Claire... hehe, "Bunker Queen" I want to get some video tapes of teh bunkerage in SC...

Trina
11-16-2003, 07:29 PM
I'm so excited...yaaaa!!! :D

This week better FLYYYYYYY!

I like your sig too Clare...Dairy Queen signs will never look the same...

See ya all very very soon!:D

Mango
11-16-2003, 07:41 PM
woohoo! I'm with Trina, this week better go fast. I am so psyched!!!! :D :D :p :D :p :p :)

ntn4502
11-16-2003, 08:47 PM
well I hate to say it, but sadly everyones favorite AOer will not be able to attend, we can either blame Phil for his date making, or Ohio State for being the greatest football team ever. Sorry guys, Im sure you can find a way to somehow have fun without me:D , I'll see you all at whatever event is next for sure

Muzikman
11-16-2003, 08:48 PM
WOOOHOOO!!!!!!

ok, I have nothing more to say...

Muzikman
11-16-2003, 08:49 PM
well I hate to say it, but sadly everyones favorite AOer will not be able to attend, we can either blame Phil for his date making, or Ohio State for being the greatest football team ever. Sorry guys, Im sure you can find a way to somehow have fun without me:D , I'll see you all at whatever event is next for sure

First off, I am going...so I don't know what you are talking about. Second...OSU SUCKS! I mean they are gonna get their bums kicked...Why bother going to the game????

cphilip
11-16-2003, 09:08 PM
..and what are you going to accomplish going? Your NOT going to play! And your going to miss the best party ever! Loser!!!!! :p

Python14
11-16-2003, 09:12 PM
I wish I could come down to meet you Ms. Benevides, but it doesn't look like fate was on my side. It just couldn't come together for me financially, or in lines of transportation or a place to stay.

None the less, I send my deepest regards, as well as my most honest regrets of not being able to come.

manike
11-16-2003, 09:15 PM
http://images.bravenet.com/brpics/smilie/loser.gif

Miscue
11-16-2003, 09:17 PM
I guess even stalkers have bills to pay...

Python14
11-16-2003, 09:20 PM
Stalker? no.
Sad I don't get to come down and meet yall? yes.

Trina
11-16-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by manike
http://images.bravenet.com/brpics/smilie/loser.gif

OMG!!! ROTFLMAO!!!

manike
11-16-2003, 09:50 PM
Isn't that just the best emoticon ever? :D

So useful... ;)