PDA

View Full Version : I was told that crossfire has crappy burst disks

ExtremeODD
10-30-2003, 06:23 PM
well first of all im not too sure what it is, but i was told that what it does is if the tank is overfilled it makes it like just crackopen and vent, but that the crossfire's burstdisk is crappy and the tank will just blow up. have I been had?

i_baked_cookies
10-30-2003, 06:32 PM
crossfire makes the best screwin nonadjustable tanks out there. youve been had!

tony3
10-30-2003, 06:59 PM
this thread<---:rolleyes:

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
10-30-2003, 07:33 PM
crossfire tank ------>:D

mrbrutal
10-30-2003, 07:35 PM
I have a stubby 68 and there was a recent problem that I had. I had it for maybe 3 years without any problems. The tank was filled to 3k after my last game. It was stored like this for about 2 months. Before a game, I checked the gauge and it said 0psi. I tried to fill it and it leaked out of one of the vents. During the time it was stored, we had experience high temps in our area. I took to my local shop and they replaced the burst disk because it may have been installed a little off center which may have caused it to leak. I have a second crossfire tank, stubby as well, which is a year older and I have not had any problems with it.

speedyejl
10-30-2003, 07:49 PM
I highly doubt Crossfire makes their own burst discs, they probably use the same as the other large tank makers on the market do. 4500psi tanks also just don't blow up, either. They are tested well over 5500psi during hydro tests, if they were to be over filled to a preassure higher than they could take the carbon fiber would simply unravel. On the other hand I'm not so sure what a steel tank (why would you bother with one anyway) would do in that situation. The reg would probably strip the threads out and leak, don't think your going to get to see a tank blow up.

ExtremeODD
10-30-2003, 08:06 PM
heh k thx, yeah... i do have a steel, 47/3000 oh well, it workes even tho haveta fill almost every game

speeddemon
10-30-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by speedyejl
I highly doubt Crossfire makes their own burst discs, they probably use the same as the other large tank makers on the market do. 4500psi tanks also just don't blow up, either. They are tested well over 5500psi during hydro tests, if they were to be over filled to a preassure higher than they could take the carbon fiber would simply unravel. On the other hand I'm not so sure what a steel tank (why would you bother with one anyway) would do in that situation. The reg would probably strip the threads out and leak, don't think your going to get to see a tank blow up.

Well, I believe that tank burst pressure are well up around 20,000 psi or so (for a 4500 tank). It would be hard to get a tank to burst without damaging it. But like he said carbon fiber tanks if they ever do burst, are safer than steel which could send shrapnel flying. Either way, everyone uses the same burst disks, and if something is wrong with one, just buy another.

Halliday
10-30-2003, 09:07 PM
I've had my 68/3000 Flatline burst disk pop, but not my Crossfire one.

Blonde Bomber
10-30-2003, 09:38 PM
Ive had a low pressure burst disk burst on my Crossfire. The tank never exploded though....:eek: