PDA

View Full Version : Looking to start stock class play...

Derman2k
10-31-2003, 11:10 PM
I've been playing for a few years now...started with a Hammer A back in the day...now I'm shooting and Emag and an Eblade. I'm looking to get into stock class as well...It seems like itd be more exciting to play stock against all the shockers and imps at my field. I was thinking about getting a SC phantom. Good choice? any other good quality stock guns out there besides the Illusion?

Tyril
10-31-2003, 11:54 PM
great choice. I love mine. I'd suggest a VSC phantom if you're coming from a compact electro setup, but that's just personal preference.

Also, CCI barrels are amazing, I'm using the stock barrel, and it's all I've ever needed.

I'd suggest getting a good stock, it helps a great deal when rapidly pumping.

I'm a fan of red dot sites (the SC feed has a 3/8" mount), but not everyone is. up to you.

If you're playing in the winter, and SC isn't a major concern, I'd also suggest getting a small CA tank, as 12 grams are not a fan of cold temps.

hope you enjoy SC play as much as I.

-mike

Spaceman613
11-01-2003, 12:32 AM
I personally hate the trigger on the illusion, but thats me.

Phantom wont let you down, but if yo ulike the weight od snipers... Try a PPS superstocker. a little heavier but still rock solid.

Tyger
11-01-2003, 01:39 AM
What they said. :)

I like the Phantom for it's wright and balance. That and with the CF breech, I can go from Stock to hopper in a few minutes.

You can do it with the Illusion too, but it's got no auto-trigger. Did't matter the time I used one, but it may be a consideration. :)

-Tyger

Burphel
11-01-2003, 02:14 AM
It's kinda hard to go wrong with a Phantom unless you're one of those 'heavy gun people.' The VSC works great regardless of woods or speedball, although you may want to go with the 10rd feed and skip a stock for tight fields. If it doesn't get in the way on tight fields though, the stock helps a lot.

As for other options, the Illusion has it's fans. A used PGP with speedchanger, velocity adjustor and quick feed is also a really good choice. You can usually find one on eBay for a decent price.

If it's been a while since you've tried pump and you're going to be going against semis, remember to keep your expectations reasonable. Your first few times out, you'll probably get beat up pretty good. Stick with it, though and your semi game will improve too.

rathbaster
11-01-2003, 06:39 AM
I've gone a long time with the Phantom but have recently become one of those "heavy gun" people. Doc Nickle has "automated cocking bodies" with angel feed threads, the Action Markers Stock class feed is angel threaded....therefore you can put together a nice stock class sniper2 with minimal air-smith intervention. Just another option. (And one I'm 1/3 of the way to completeing.)

-Rath

Derman2k
11-01-2003, 10:44 AM
Thanks for all the input guys. Yea, I didn't really think I'd be doing great the first few times out, but thats fine if it'll help my game out.

Anybody know where I could get a cheap vsc phantom?

Fred
11-01-2003, 02:19 PM
um, yeah, what they said... dang guys, completely beat me to it! :rolleyes:

:D

and yes, phantoms rule!

---Fred

space_weazel_45
11-01-2003, 06:45 PM
hello anyone remember carters? those are noce to! dam expensive but sweet.
http://www.dyeprecision.com/main.html under "guns"

Spaceman613
11-01-2003, 10:29 PM
I am biased, but for a good price on a phantom

www.bunkerboyz.com

email Dan and he can set you up!!!

Tyger
11-02-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Fred
um, yeah, what they said... dang guys, completely beat me to it! :rolleyes:

Frustrating, isn't it? :mad: :p :eek:

We really oughtta get an "ultimate Guide" to pump guns out there, somewhere....

No, I don't volunteer to make it myself, thank you large!

-Tyger

Burphel
11-02-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Tyger

We really oughtta get an "ultimate Guide" to pump guns out there, somewhere....
No, I don't volunteer to make it myself, thank you large!
-Tyger

Sounds like fun, although I can just see you breakin' your wrist again so you don't have to do any of the typing and we have to spend man-days editing what your dictation software pumps out.

Quickling
11-02-2003, 03:35 PM
Too bad this thread didn't start sooner. I see your in NY and we just had a pump gathering in syracuse that got 8 people. We had a GREAT time and are planning on another come feburary. Some of us might also be playing out in Rochester sometime before that.

Your welcome to come with us anytime, and I assure you, we have LOTS of marker to experiement with :)

But hey, after touching a sterling you'll never go back.. not even to semi :cool:

Derman2k
11-02-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Quickling
Too bad this thread didn't start sooner. I see your in NY and we just had a pump gathering in syracuse that got 8 people. We had a GREAT time and are planning on another come feburary. Some of us might also be playing out in Rochester sometime before that.

Your welcome to come with us anytime, and I assure you, we have LOTS of marker to experiement with :)

But hey, after touching a sterling you'll never go back.. not even to semi :cool:

Yea, I think you might have PMed me about that, or maybe it was someone else...Not sure

trxtr
11-03-2003, 02:23 AM
the Sterling, bunkerboyz.com has the new ones. I like the quick strip bolt and super smoothe pump stroke.

Quickling
11-03-2003, 07:49 AM
yeah I have a new one from them with wire detent, center feed (yes its still functional on a pump.. with CF my hopper doesn't come out of a bunker before I do), and lets not forget SUPER smooth pump!

I will try and get some pictures of mine up somewhere :)

zeroack
11-03-2003, 07:49 AM
I can second alot of things....First go with the Phantom. Mike is a great guy(owner of CCI). If you needs parts or help with the marker chances are he'll be picking up the phone. I've owned a Phantom for many years and love the fact I can change from stock class to right hand feed in a matter of seconds. The options for bling bling parts are all over. Clear pump handles, cool anno jobs and fancy milling jobs. Then there's the cci barrels. Very nice bores. Instead of owning after market barrels I own all cci's in different lenghts.

I can also second the choice of look'n to Bunkerboyz for your phantom. There a stand up bunch. They'll give you a great price and amazing service. Dan is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet in paintball. So check'm out...

www.bunkerboyz.com

Good luck...

Zero

Jeffy-CanCon
11-03-2003, 01:08 PM
Derman2K, you might want to look up the paintball marshalls, too. They have a NY chapter that organises some stock & pump games, I think. They'd also be a good local source for general stock-class expertise.

If you come down to the PBLI Big Game in May, we have some stock-class games on the saturday afternoon there.