PDA

View Full Version : Profiler Owners

Load SM5
10-31-2003, 11:34 PM
Ok I just got mine in today. I love it already, nice, comfy, looks good but....how do the lenses change out? I heard it was a little different but without directions I can't figure it out. I don't want to break it before I really get a good chance to break it.

LaW
11-01-2003, 12:13 AM
A really big hammer

Smokee_2_7
11-01-2003, 03:14 PM
There is somthing wrong with the lense retention things. When I bought mine, richmond happend to be standing there and we talked for a minute (pretty nice guy, by the way.) He said somthing to the effect that this first run has somthing not right in the lense quick release. When I bought mine, they were taking down names and addresses of all profiler buyers so replacements could be sent out.

Carl

Load SM5
11-01-2003, 03:26 PM
So it does'nt work at all or it's just difficult to release them?

RobAGD
11-01-2003, 05:58 PM
They are just hardto get un done

Just look at the tab thingies, work about they same way the old ones do just a weee bit differnt.

-Robert

Duke Henry
11-01-2003, 06:12 PM
I have wondered, do the Vforce goggles have any sort of fan? I have wanted a quick change goggle system, but I need a fan for my glasses...

I heard from someone who was at world cup that some of the new Vforce goggles also had some fans that could go with them.

Then again, he may have been talking about DYE goggles, that have fans and timers, etc.

His memory IS pretty bad...

Load SM5
11-01-2003, 06:25 PM
Ok which tab do I jab the screwdriver under? The small center one or the larger one around it?

Load SM5
11-01-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Duke Henry
I have wondered, do the Vforce goggles have any sort of fan? I have wanted a quick change goggle system, but I need a fan for my glasses...

I heard from someone who was at world cup that some of the new Vforce goggles also had some fans that could go with them.

Then again, he may have been talking about DYE goggles, that have fans and timers, etc.

His memory IS pretty bad...

I think you can make ghetto rig a JT fan to work on a V-force, I know a few people rigged their own. But honestly i've never needed a fan with my Morph, even in the chunkiest Alabama summers.

manike
11-01-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
Ok which tab do I jab the screwdriver under? The small center one or the larger one around it?

NO!

The tabs just push backwards on the sides, not up like they do on normal V-force.

The centre tab was supposed to be a release but it is a bit too stiff.

Just push the tabs back along the sides do NOT lever them up.

Once you get one off you will see how it works.

Load SM5
11-01-2003, 07:05 PM
Thanks Simon..that was still a pain to get off. I hope the get the redesign completed soon.

manike
11-01-2003, 07:07 PM
You're welcome, just don't shoot me in the behind. :)

Load SM5
11-01-2003, 07:09 PM
I make no promises. These Timmies have such touchy triggers....:D

Curly
11-01-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by manike
You're welcome, just don't shoot me in the behind. :)

Zing!

LittlePaintballBoy
11-01-2003, 08:37 PM
I saw one at my local shop today, they were cool because of the really low profile and they are flexy like a flex 7.I think they will be the next really big thing.

SlipknotX556
11-01-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
These Timmies have such touchy triggers....:D

Yes, they do. Thats why I love mine :)

Load SM5
11-01-2003, 09:08 PM
And not to hijack a thread, but since it's mine you can all get bent....;)

Slipknot or Manike, is bypass mode somehow slower than regular forced mode. I shot a hopper of paint and it was a machine gun but when I went inside ans was just shooting air in bypass, it was harder to rip on. Am I imagining things or is that the case?

manike
11-01-2003, 09:09 PM
Yes bypass is limited to 12bps IIRC.

It is far slower so that if the eyes stop working you won't chop paint.

Edit: How do you like it? Pictures? :)

Load SM5
11-01-2003, 09:19 PM
Whew. Glad it was'nt me. I thought I'd lost my superpowers.

I love the timmy. It's nice and light even with an 88 tank. I ws shooting some almost year old Diablo seconds through it and only had one barrel break, and this stuff was so brittle when I dropped about 6 balls out of my HALO loading it all six broke from about 1 foot with no bounces. I can't wait to see what it does with good round paint. I'm definately loving it. I have some pics but I still need to get a host for them before I can post them up. But its a pretty normal looking 2k2 black to red fade. Very slick in person.

Smokee_2_7
11-01-2003, 10:22 PM
when did you pick up a timmy? You still have the matrix, too?

Carl

Load SM5
11-01-2003, 10:33 PM
No, the trix was'nt for me. It's hard to explain, but while it was fast, it felt totally wrong. I know a month may not seem like a fair shake but it affected the way I played so much I was'nt enjoying myself. Mainly it just felt too tall for my tastes.

robertjuric
11-02-2003, 11:02 AM
Load, whats the difference between the Morph and the Profile??

Load SM5
11-02-2003, 11:36 AM
Man if you had asked me that yesterday I could've shown you. The main difference is the size. The profiler is a lot smaller up front. The front armor is a little different, softer in places, but reinforced to keep lip shots down.The whole thing feels tighter and lighter. Overall, it's smaller where it needs to be without sacrficing protection.

Here's the Morph.

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/nppl/2002/worldcup/tradeshow1/MVC070S.jpg

Profiler

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/tradeshows/worldcup03/MVC730S.jpg