PDA

View Full Version : valve / star question

Eric Cartman
11-01-2003, 12:30 AM
My brother had an old mag, one with a metal frame and a pre-star valve. He sent the gun to AGD a few years ago to get some repairs done, and they wound up replacing his valve with a new one. The new valve has no stars and the serial number is CF28743. Can anyone tell me if this valve has unlimited warranty service (as I understand pre star valves to be), or is there no warranty at all on this?

By the way, this is a 68 Automag A.I.R. valve and there is no "Classic" etching on it.

Any input wiould be appreciated.

Thanks!

deathstalker
11-01-2003, 12:47 AM
Straight from the horse's mouth:

We no longer provide free warranty service for older Classic, 68AutoMag, and Minimag valves without stars located on the valve. If a starless valve comes in (this includes valves with stars but have aftermarket reg halves which include ANS Phase II regulators, PMI Perfect Charger regulators, Diamond Labs 8-hole mod regulators, and etc.), we will contact the customer to arrange payment before beginning repair work. In other words: No Star, No Warranty. We will consider exceptions for valves where both halves have matching serial numbers and our records show the valve has never before received repairs.

http://www.airgun.com/WarrantyPolicy.shtml

Eric Cartman
11-01-2003, 01:04 AM
Thanks deathstalker

We will consider exceptions for valves where both halves have matching serial numbers and our records show the valve has never before received repairs
I figure this part should apply to this valve as the numbers certainly match, and there have definitely been no repairs done on it (not that it needs any at the moment either for that matter).