PDA

View Full Version : stolen marker procedure?

jdev
11-01-2003, 02:40 PM
i just thought of something about a stolen marker. (i just went to the store, with my marker (covered) in my car)

I was wondering how a store owner would proceed if they saw a marker come in. whether it be to sell it to them, or get it worked on. say the store owner recognizes it as a stolen marker, and the party it was stolen from wants to press charges or the like, how does the store owner proceed?

you could come out and say, hey, I know this marker is stolen, and prove it to them with serials or something. but the theif may get all paranoid and leave the scene. then, you may not have the marker in had from them, they leave, never return

what about if they come in to sell you the marker? you know its stolen, and jump at the chance to get it back for the person, do you as the store owner purchase the marker (probably at a loss, because the party it was stolen from is not likely to pay for the gun again) or do you tell them you know someone who would buy the marker?

thoughts. opinions. personal experiences?

.joe.

coolcatpete
11-01-2003, 03:59 PM
just happened in mt area but police say I can not sare details. (long story about stolen merchendice, break-ins,and on the spot steeling so I will not get into it and all I will say is that I am pissed cause my e-mag is gone. and so is my friends shock bushy, good thing he has a storm timmy.)

Indi86
11-01-2003, 07:49 PM
peter you got your emag stolen? that blows!

coolcatpete
11-01-2003, 08:10 PM
hey who are you, you live in t-burg and you knew my name so who are you.

Indi86
11-01-2003, 08:47 PM
this is brian z. w/ the ff cocker

coolcatpete
11-01-2003, 10:32 PM
ohhh yeah I remember hey how was h ween and did we ever give you air then

jdev
11-01-2003, 10:40 PM
please note the http://www.automags.org/forums/images/sendpm.gif button below each persons posts.

back on topic ;)

coolcatpete
11-01-2003, 10:48 PM
fine, or maybe I just want to take over the thread cause I am the only other person posting. jk