PDA

View Full Version : can i get a little help with my xmag?

myangelrocks
11-01-2003, 08:55 PM
ok i finally boke down and bought my first mag (a pewter xmag) and i've been running searches for about a week now trying to learn all i can so i don't bother anyone with newb questions. but i cannot find who makes angel threaded xmag breeches. i can't stand using non-clamping feednecks. i know someone makes them, my friend had one on his xmag, but unfortuneatly he picked his up at an auction and has no way of finding out where the breech came from. i've tried contacting a machinist, but i got some story about WDP uses a custom tap and they are very difficult to come by. can someone please give me some contact information of someone who can do this for me?

BTW any tips and tricks you know of would be appreciated.

fire1811
11-01-2003, 09:14 PM
this has been discussed before if you search in paintball talk there is a couple of threads about it.

but the short story of them is that it is advised not to do this. the parts are put together and are supposed to stay together. they(the breech) is annodized as one solid piece.

if i remember correctly it is red loctited, and has one or two set screws that are also red loctited. so its going to be a big pain to get off.

good luck if you decide to change it and please post some pics if you do. i would like to see what a X looks like with a different feedneck on it.

later
curt

myangelrocks
11-01-2003, 09:22 PM
thanks.

it figures it would be in the pb talk forum, i've been seaching the tech forums. lol

if i have to have a new breech made, i'm gonna do it. my friends looks like it is stock, but then again, the gun has aftermarket anno so i really can't tell if the breech was made or the stock one or it was just tapped.