PDA

View Full Version : Those with two piece barrel kits

Lohman446
11-02-2003, 06:23 PM
Ok, as much as it pains me I bought a two piece kit... I was standing at the store when they came in, bought them for dealer price, plus got a good amount for all the barrels I traded in when doing it so it cost me minimal. ACI Phat system, which I am extremely happy with as far as quality, accuracy, noise... well everything I wanted in a barrel kit.

Ok... now the question - playing (badly) at tournament today it was raining... everyone was taping there barrel. I took the front off mine and lost about 10FPS in velocity, accuracy was only minimally effected. Anyone else ever try this?

CaliWagon31
11-02-2003, 06:49 PM
i took the tip of my friends freak once and tried it, i was a little louder, and i lost distance, but still just as accurate

Torbo
11-02-2003, 07:16 PM
i played with the back half of a boomy a couple times.....really really loud, some velocity drop, and loss of effiency.

Now if its raining, i just tape the top rows of porting on my boomers.

Nick O time
11-02-2003, 09:54 PM
i was messin around with my friends cocker with a JT 2 piece and i shot it with only the back on it. all i can say was holy crap that thing was loud.:p didn't measure the velocity though. if you shot a 2piece barrel with inserts wouldn't the inserts shoot out as well as the ball:confused: