PDA

View Full Version : Your Help Is Needed!!! Greatest Mag Conversion Ever? Hrmmm...

nato
11-02-2003, 08:17 PM
Ok, so I have been playing paintball for 9 years now and have seen, done, and felt it all. I would like to do a "little" project but I really need some help. Besides the 03 shocker, which I will NOT support, the only marker in the pb industry that is just as low profile is the xmag and or any other mag out there. Right now I use a free flow trauma matrix and have fallen in love with it. The one problem... the size. I could use an xmag but I honestly do not think that the xmag trigger performs well and a micro switch similar to a matrices would really bring out the true power that a mag really has. I want to have the greatness of a mag while having the tournament speed of a matrix. So this is where I need your help. I want to try to have a mag/emag work with the micro switch of a matrix or close to it. I am not very good with electronics so I would need a good amount of help from you guys to see if it is possible to either install a matrix frame to an emag or change the internals to the emag itself. Thanks for reading and give me input!

N.A.T.O.

nato
11-02-2003, 09:15 PM
the following pic is my version of what it could look like... (my friend is hosting it.)

N.A.T.O.

nato
11-02-2003, 09:21 PM
http://3mix.fragism.com/emagtrixframe.jpg

nato
11-02-2003, 09:22 PM
woot

ZyperioN
11-03-2003, 10:32 PM
pic is down

ZyperioN
11-03-2003, 10:33 PM
and i really dont think it would be all that hard, just a switching out of the hall effect sensor for the microswitch and maybe some software changes

Digits
11-03-2003, 10:39 PM
I've never actually seen how an xmag works.. But.. I am planning to do some kind of mod with my hyperframe.. The only problem is.. I would really like to be able to just buy a matrix frame do some modding to that and use it.. But................. It doesn't have the sear tripping thingamabob :S.. So.. If a e-mag uses a noid (which I believe they do)then it wouldn't be that hard.. But if it uses a sear tripper type setup like a hyperframe.. It would get rather difficult

nato
11-04-2003, 07:24 AM
arg, the pic was workin before... I'll try to get it back up after schoo. ;) The reason why I need help is because I am more of the milling type and not much of the electrician type. If anyone wants to make some hypothetical directions then I could do it myself and tell you guys how it worked out.

N.A.T.O.

redlaser666
11-04-2003, 10:17 AM
The hall efect sensor is like a transistor. It should have a power wire, a ground and a signal wire. All you need to do to make it work with a microswitch is connect the power and ground wires to the poles of the MS, Power to the normaly open, ground to the normaly closed. The signal wire goes to the last connector on the MS (the side with the lever).

I will post a pic of the conncetions if i can.

Hope this helps.

redlaser666
11-04-2003, 10:26 AM
Here's a pic. I will try to find out which wires are which on my e-mag later tonight and post them.

http://ece.uprm.edu/cohemis/images/switch.jpg

nato
11-04-2003, 06:53 PM
Sweet... is there anyway you could show the part on the emag being connected to the part on the matrix? Thanks!

N.A.T.O.

nato
11-04-2003, 06:59 PM
p.s.- I just got up the pic but jut to make sure its not just me does anyone else see it too? :)

N.A.T.O.

Digits
11-04-2003, 09:00 PM
I cant see it.. Try hosting it on villagephotos.com

redlaser666
11-04-2003, 09:04 PM
I still can't see your pic :(

Anyways, i changed my pic, so look at it again. All you need to do to make it work is connect the yellow and black wires from the hall efect sensor to the microswitch.

I dont have a matrix, so i don't know what kind or where the microswitch is located.
But if you use an emag frame, all you would need to do is fit the microSW in the space of the hall efect sensor, and replace the trigger magnet with a longer setscrew to activate the microSW. This would work, but it will not be as light as the matrix, because of less leverage.

FragTek
11-12-2003, 11:14 AM
I personally don't think that the HES is all that bad of a system. Previously all slow rates of fire have been due to software issues.

The new 3.2 really brings the mag alive and up to speed!

nato
11-12-2003, 08:52 PM
I'll have to check it out... nevertheless I prefer micro switches. At the moment I am trying to get a hold of a spare matrix frame.

N.A.T.O.

personman
11-13-2003, 04:48 PM
You could always put cocker pneus on a mag, it may not be microswitch trigger pull, but the throw of a 3 way is all you would have to pull, and its 100% mechanical. :) Just hook a 3 way up to the trigger, a ram up to the sear, and an LPR to the vert ASA. Its much easier than screwing with electronics..

nato
11-13-2003, 05:39 PM
Xcept that that would completely defeat the purpose for this project in the 1st place. AND I am trying to make a GOOD marker, not add the crappy aspects of a cocker to mess the emag up more.

N.A.T.O.