PDA

View Full Version : Doooh! My kid is not all that smart....

cphilip
11-02-2003, 08:28 PM
Today he was using the Equation for the second time. He had problems getting it to crono last time up he told me. So he goes in and resets up the Level 10 last time in the RTP so he can crank up the velocity some more and finaly gets it up close. Gets by for that day I guess. But this morning I check out the marker and have to completely reset up the level 10 to get it working. And so he goes out to the field with it and same problem! So this time he just switched to the Edge kit and all is fine for the day.

He gets home a few minutes ago and I ask him how it went. He tells me he had the same problems with the Equation kit as before and fixed it by getting the edge kit out...and so I ask him AGAIN what insert he used in the Equation. He doesn't seem to know....so finaly he admits he doesn't know how to change them in the Equation kit. So I unscrew it to show him and THERE IS NO INSERT IS IN THERE!!!!

Doooh!!!!!! He was trying to shoot the thing with no insert at all. And in fact must have played the last time with it with no insert at all in the kit! No wonder he would not get up to 280 fps! Suprised it shot at all!

Heheheheeeeee.... Dork!

fcpchop
11-02-2003, 08:29 PM
lol

WARPED1
11-02-2003, 08:33 PM
ROTFLMFAO

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
11-02-2003, 08:36 PM
is this the same kid who got the ROTC sponsorship, if so i think they may reconsider after reading this thread.;)

cphilip
11-02-2003, 08:37 PM
yea same one!

Well you gotta admit though that he has learned enough about Mags to set one up to overcome that no insert and get it to shoot at almost field speed. Now that took some doing! :D

ramennoodles
11-02-2003, 09:33 PM
holy cow dude, thats rich.

cphilip
11-02-2003, 09:35 PM
Well he admits later he got too rushed to bother to size his barrel but then forgot later he had not and figured it was the set up. It was a new vavle in there. So he put two and two together and ended up with five! :)

KornKamp02
11-02-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
ROTFLMFAO yeah, taht about sums it up. :p

ramennoodles
11-02-2003, 09:38 PM
although i shouldn't laugh too hard, it sounds like something i will probably end up doing.

pbcustom98
11-02-2003, 09:39 PM
well at least...only you two know....and now all of AO :)

Mag Master 04
11-02-2003, 09:39 PM
i know that every one in here has gotten rushed or frusterated and done sumthing stupid, i did it today actually, i took apart my valve and lost the backing washer, who knows how it happened but i just wasnt paying attention, we all do it, its no biggie

speeddemon
11-02-2003, 09:45 PM
Hahahaha, wow, I wish I was there to see this. I was even out there today to see if the team was playing (I was out of town and couldn't check my email). I saw him there, waiting to see if anyone else was going to show up, but since the team didn't come, I figured I could get some work done. Guess I should have stayed!

WARPED1
11-02-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Mag Master 04
............, its no biggie Sure is entertaining though:p .

cphilip
11-02-2003, 09:51 PM
yea I just giving his some chit over it.

I am however impressed he was able to set up the level 10 enough to overcome the HUGE barrel he was using though. I mean that was rather impressive. And I guess in his defense he had never used that Equation before those two times.

But he should have not assumed paint size in the first place. And would have discoved it sooner if he had been properly checking his paint size.

I think it was just a group of High School kids out there today Speed. Germ is wanting to put a high school three man team for Gold Dragon together. So they met today out there for the first time and played some.

But I too have forgotten to turn my air or my revy on. Learned the hard way.

Wrathchild
11-02-2003, 09:53 PM
Am I going to be able to laugh at him at SCAO?

cphilip
11-02-2003, 09:54 PM
I certainly expect you should! ;)

ICOM
11-02-2003, 10:07 PM
HA priceless

cphilip
11-02-2003, 10:11 PM
heh... what do you suppose the barrel size really is without an insert in there? Like .700? Man!

dinger
11-02-2003, 10:13 PM
how can he possibly not know how to use the equation kit if he knows how to use a friggin edge kit??

they both use backs... lol what gives

we all have those super dumb moments ;) but this one is pretty bad lol

cphilip
11-02-2003, 10:19 PM
The Edge kit uses a sized back half.

The Equations back can be on there and you not see it does not have an insert in there. It uses an insert like a freak but it dosent have a window to see it. The Edge does not use an insert. Its like a CP kit. It's fairly easy not to know really, i you never used one that is.

They not even close to the same system. Edge is no insert and Equation is inserts.

I had just happened to leave the Equation without an insert on the marker last time as I was using it for pictures. Thats the way he found it. And the first time he used it he did not check or know it did not have an insert in it and he then managed to use it in spite of that. But getting the velocity up in the Mag. Manipulating the Level 10 to do it! Wild eh?

The really wild thing is he played all day the last time with that Equation with NO INSERT and did fine. After he reset up the Level 10 and got it to shoot near 280! And it shot fine! Thats even wierder and wilder!

~WarpedRT#2~
11-02-2003, 11:27 PM
If my parents ever made fun of me like that, I'd tell them to sleep with one eye open. Be thankful your kid isnt a homacidal maniac.

hostage
11-03-2003, 12:47 AM
IMHO...I think it is rude to make fun of your own son infront on the forum. Further more, I find it hard to belive that a Moderator would say it. I do many stupid things and I see people do much more stupid things than I. Though I personally don't talk negatively about many of the things I've seen, just out of curtousy. As a mod you are looked up to and a role model in many ways. Please be a good example.
-Doron

Army
11-03-2003, 01:12 AM
Sounds like he'll make a fine officer.

If it doesn't work...break it until it does:D

cphilip
11-03-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by hostage
IMHO...I think it is rude to make fun of your own son infront on the forum. Further more, I find it hard to belive that a Moderator would say it. I do many stupid things and I see people do much more stupid things than I. Though I personally don't talk negatively about many of the things I've seen, just out of curtousy. As a mod you are looked up to and a role model in many ways. Please be a good example.
-Doron

I think your a bit off base. There was a message in here somewhere but you seem to dense to be able to retrieve it. I suggest you not try and talk down to me either. Nor would I think you have any place to tell me what is appropriate or not when it comes to my family. Its not your place to preach to me about things you know nothing about.

He knows about the thread and thinks it's funny. You obviously think you know more than you do about father and son relationships and relating funny things that happen in paintball. How many kids you raised?

cphilip
11-03-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Army
Sounds like he'll make a fine officer.

If it doesn't work...break it until it does:D

Yea as long as he has a good NCO to keep him straight!

Well I guess there is more than one way to skin a cat so to speak.

ezrunner
11-03-2003, 10:39 AM
ROTC Sponsorship or Scholarship?

Army is not paying him for PB are they?

-rob

cphilip
11-03-2003, 10:44 AM
Scholarship. But we still waiting to hear the final outcome of that. Although they did send him to get his DoD physical. He had his physical two weeks ago and we supposed to hear in the next two weeks or so if he gets offered. We assume they sent him to Physical because he is in the final selection group. At least the Doctors commented they do not normaly do this unless you have made the cut. So we THINK he may be offered. It's here at Clemson ROTC this one is. Army ROTC. Didn't you have one of these Rob?

No. I am certain its not Paintball related.

hitech
11-03-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
The really wild thing is he played all day the last time with that Equation with NO INSERT and did fine. After he reset up the Level 10 and got it to shoot near 280! And it shot fine! Thats even wierder and wilder!

Goes to show you just how much affect the barrel has on accuracy. ;)

Caffiend
11-03-2003, 12:49 PM

Yea as long as he has a good NCO to keep him straight!

Well I guess there is more than one way to skin a cat so to speak.

LOL!!! so true so true

cphilip
11-03-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by hitech

Goes to show you just how much affect the barrel has on accuracy. ;)

Exactly! I mean he somehow overcame a huge barrel and played without really much incident. Not that he mentioned anyway. Phfffft.... I gonna get me some 3/4 inch water pipe and make me a barrel! :confused:

ERut
11-03-2003, 01:11 PM
That reminds me of one fine day when two boys tried to install a level 10 kit for the first time, and after about an hour of frustration realized that we... i mean they... were trying to screw it together with the carrier stuck on the pin on the back of the bolt instead of in the pt tip:rolleyes:

hitech
11-03-2003, 01:20 PM
I can't tell you how many times I've seen the power tube tip left out of when tuning a level 10. ;)

cphilip
11-03-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by hitech
I can't tell you how many times I've seen the power tube tip left out of when tuning a level 10. ;)

I done that! Er....I guy I know did it...

Hey how many times you forget to put the bolt spring back on? ;)

hitech
11-03-2003, 02:30 PM

Since I can forget ANYTHING, I don't take it off. ;) I've got to tell you, you really instill confidence when you forget to put the power tube tip back, air the marker up and pull the trigger to see if that will stop if from leaking. :eek:

cphilip
11-03-2003, 02:57 PM
LOL... I bet!

WOOOOOOOSH!!!!!!!

Um...kid... its fixed.... ;)

speeddemon
11-03-2003, 03:15 PM

I done that! Er....I guy I know did it...

Wow, I've done that, although I usually notice since it makes it real easy for the valve to slide back in, also forgotten the entire bolt too. I've also forgotten to put the on/off valve in when I was messing with the ULT. Also tried tuning the ULT with a tank that was running low on air, so the more I took it apart to fix it, the more air I wasted and the worse it shot. I do that stuff all the time, although I usually catch it pretty quick.

afrankart
11-03-2003, 04:55 PM
You should have chrono'd it after putting an insert in to match the paint. I wonder what it would have shot at?

cphilip
11-03-2003, 07:10 PM
LOL! no tellin! Woulda been zingin for sure!

hostage
11-03-2003, 08:02 PM
I think your a bit off base. There was a message in here somewhere but you seem to dense to be able to retrieve it. I suggest you not try and talk down to me either. Nor would I think you have any place to tell me what is appropriate or not when it comes to my family. Its not your place to preach to me about things you know nothing about.

He knows about the thread and thinks it's funny. You obviously think you know more than you do about father and son relationships and relating funny things that happen in paintball. How many kids you raised?

Personally I think its uncalled for, I do not know about the realitionship between you and your son, I don't care to either. My point is judgeing by what you wrote, you seem to be a total jerk. This is a public forum, not Cphillip's forum, your not among just your friends.

I remember a time, a friend and I went to eat at a resturant; a father called his daughter a little (insert f-word) and yelled at her. His daughter looked about 8 years old. My friend and I were disgusted. The Moral of the story, don't say things like that in public or else you will look like a jerk.
-Doron

f3rr3+
11-03-2003, 08:10 PM
Today he was using the Equation for the second time. He had problems getting it to crono last time up he told me. So he goes in and resets up the Level 10 last time in the RTP so he can crank up the velocity some more and finaly gets it up close. Gets by for that day I guess. But this morning I check out the marker and have to completely reset up the level 10 to get it working. And so he goes out to the field with it and same problem! So this time he just switched to the Edge kit and all is fine for the day.

He gets home a few minutes ago and I ask him how it went. He tells me he had the same problems with the Equation kit as before and fixed it by getting the edge kit out...and so I ask him AGAIN what insert he used in the Equation. He doesn't seem to know....so finaly he admits he doesn't know how to change them in the Equation kit. So I unscrew it to show him and THERE IS NO INSERT IS IN THERE!!!!

Doooh!!!!!! He was trying to shoot the thing with no insert at all. And in fact must have played the last time with it with no insert at all in the kit! No wonder he would not get up to 280 fps! Suprised it shot at all!

Heheheheeeeee.... Dork!

Friend of mine did it with a freak... too bad on a freak you can see if the insert is in it or not from the outside... not so smart... :rolleyes:

cphilip
11-03-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by hostage

Personally I think its uncalled for, I do not know about the realitionship between you and your son, I don't care to either. My point is judgeing by what you wrote, you seem to be a total jerk. This is a public forum, not Cphillip's forum, your not among just your friends.

I remember a time, a friend and I went to eat at a resturant; a father called his daughter a little (insert f-word) and yelled at her. His daughter looked about 8 years old. My friend and I were disgusted. The Moral of the story, don't say things like that in public or else you will look like a jerk.
-Doron

Well personaly I think your a total jerk. And your judgmental know it all attitude is your own problem. And its a public forum and I am part of the public. I can start a thread about a topic that amuses people or teaches people any time I want. And I will say anything I want that is not offensive. And within the rules. You got a lot of nerve telling me where my latitudes are. And boxing me into something you don't even conform to YOURSELF! I suspect some hostility is there for something your not admitting? Come out with it. Don't hide behind this petty personal attack. Like a coward. What have I done to you that you want to just exagerate this into something controversial?

And I could care less about what you think anymore because you come off as a total jack arse about something not ment to even involve you. I say this... mind your own business. And read what you want into stuff. I could care less anymore about YOUR opinions because they obviously are based in hate and something underlying that I will never understand where it comes from. Seek some help before it consumes you in hate for something you want to see that is not there.

Practice what you try and preach my little friend. Your the one coming off like a jerk. People need to learn to laugh at themselves and not internalize things into what they are not. If they chose too, like you do, it will be a bitter world.

cphilip
11-03-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by f3rr3+

Friend of mine did it with a freak... too bad on a freak you can see if the insert is in it or not from the outside... not so smart... :rolleyes:

Ew... I can see spooge coming out the window even now. I guess its a good thing these things do not have that window anymore. Cause obviously they will still shoot!

Benfica4ever
11-03-2003, 09:20 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA