PDA

View Full Version : how hard is it to install a chip and adjust a trig on a trix

fcpchop
11-02-2003, 10:12 PM
well as some of u know i have a matrix in the mail, i've been told it will arrive on wedsnday, it wil have a trinity lpr and volumizers on it. i will buy a advark bolt kit as soon a i get it, the bolt kit comes wit a new chip that allows 21 bps, so i would have to install that, and i hear the trigs r adjustible how hard is it to do thoase 2?

here is the trix

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/444759/matrix2smaller.jpg

Mossman
11-02-2003, 10:19 PM
chip - pop the chip into the chip slot.

trigger - like an angel if you've ever adjusted one of those. You have to do it with the grip frame off and dangling by wires, but 1 of the screws adjusts how far back the pull starts, and 1 of them hits the bottom of the gun when the frame is on to limit rear travel.

fcpchop
11-02-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Mossman
chip - pop the chip into the chip slot.

trigger - like an angel if you've ever adjusted one of those. You have to do it with the grip frame off and dangling by wires, but 1 of the screws adjusts how far back the pull starts, and 1 of them hits the bottom of the gun when the frame is on to limit rear travel.

ok cool chip is easy, i think when it is time to adjut the trig i will ask u guys a step by step procedure of it. how about a bolt kit? r they easy ?

Mossman
11-02-2003, 10:27 PM
basically just pop all the bolt pieces out (take off the back wall, take the front o-ring off the bolt, and push the bolt out from the front, don't pull it from the back, you could bend it. If you do that you should have everything but the beer can and front wall out. Take a big dowel or a barrel, and carefully push from the front (inside the c-clip), and get the front wall and beercan out the back. I suggest you assemble the bolt the same way and take a look at how it goes back together. Then toss the bolt kit in, I'm not sure if there are some parts that you have to keep from your old bolt, but i know that with a red bolt kit at least you get new everything. It may be foreign to you for a while just read up on matrixowner and take it apart a few times and you'll get the hang of it.

I just shipped out my flame matrix on friday :( Good luck with it bro.

maglover52
11-02-2003, 10:33 PM
just take your grips off so u can see the part of the trigger that hits the micro switch so u dont brake the micro switch. its pretty easy though.

yeahthatsme
11-02-2003, 10:37 PM
actually for adjusting the trigger its easier to just de-tach the wires(they just clip in using those white clip thingys) and then use a flat object(i used a cd) to test the trigger when you make adjustments. thats how i did it...

fcpchop
11-02-2003, 10:41 PM
thanks guys