PDA

View Full Version : micromags/Intelliframe

micromag88
11-03-2003, 10:07 AM
I was wondering will a intelliframe fit on a proteams products micromag. And what will a intelliframe let you do with your hopper, I know you can connect the two but will that do.

Muzikman
11-03-2003, 10:23 AM
If it's a newer micromag (threaded sear pin) then the Intelliframe will bolt right on. If it's not a threaded sear pin, the original frame is what holds the pin in, the Intelliframe will not do this. There for you will need to make some modifications. The easiest thing to do is tap a small hole in the bottom and insert a setscew to hold the sear pin in.

The Intelliframe let's you install a roller switch in the frame and hook it into your loader or warp which will make it spin each time you pull the trigger. You need to buy the switch, wires, plugs and mouning screws from radio shack, which will run you about $5 for everything.

micromag88
11-03-2003, 10:35 AM
thanks, but I have the old type how hard do you think this is to do. And If you could tell me exactally how. Thanks again.

Muzikman
11-03-2003, 11:00 AM
Well, I'll tell you what I had done and if you think it's to hard for you to do, you can go the ghetto route and epoxy the pin in:)

1. Take off the grip frame and flip the body upside down so you are looking at the bottom of it. Remove the sear and sear pin

2. Using a drill press drill a small hole from the bottom inline with the sear pin, towards the end where the pin comes out (Do not use a hand drill). I used a 4-40 tap, but I forget what bit goes along with it.

3. Tape out the hole and insert the correct sized set screw.

4. Take the sear ping and file a small flat spot on one side. This will be where the set screw rests so that the pin does not come out.

I will draw you up some quick and ugly paint drawings so you can get a better idea, and if you wait until tomorrow I can take pics of mine.

Edit:

Ok, it's ugly, but what do you want for a Word/Paint drawing:)

http://genji.image.pbase.com/u35/jbeam/upload/22951395.MicroMag.jpg