PDA

View Full Version : centerflag hyperframe

phantomhitman
11-03-2003, 09:34 PM
how do you guys feel about the centerflag hyper frame? I just discovered this frame when searching for the boh yah elcd. Thanks for any info.

triggerman
11-03-2003, 09:38 PM
it blows the boo yahaa out of the water. its in my opinion the best e frame for the mag. although I think they mave a max of like 13 bps. I could be wrong though.

LaW
11-03-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by triggerman
it blows the boo yahaa out of the water. its in my opinion the best e frame for the mag. although I think they mave a max of like 13 bps. I could be wrong though.

they have a new board that is capd at 22bps i believe

triggerman
11-03-2003, 09:47 PM
no kiddin do you know there web site?

LaW
11-03-2003, 09:48 PM
http://www.centerflagproducts.com/

triggerman
11-03-2003, 09:53 PM
thanks

hostage
11-03-2003, 10:02 PM
the two frames are virtually identical in functionallity. the booyaah is cheaper and is capped at 15. Read my faq if u want more info on them.
-Doron

spantol
11-03-2003, 10:59 PM
The new board's capped at 20. I love mine; I can't say enough good things about it.

Originally posted by LaW

they have a new board that is capd at 22bps i believe

Digits
11-03-2003, 11:28 PM
^^

How fast can you actually get on it/Did you install a new microswitch?

phantomhitman
11-03-2003, 11:36 PM
thanks for the info guys. i am trying to compare the elcd, the centerflag, and an intelliframe. what do you think?

Digits
11-04-2003, 12:11 AM
^^

Out of those i'd go with the centerflag.. Maybe the intelli with the ULE mod.. But.. I've never tried one of those, so I don't know how the triggers compare.

hostage
11-04-2003, 05:10 AM
First do you want electro or mechy?

E-LCD Pros
Cheaper

Cons
The manufactor went out of business
No support other than me

Hyperframe Pros
upgradeable board 20pbs (costs ~30ish to upgrade)
decent support

Cons
More expensive

In all it comes down to price, since you can put the hyperframe board in the booyaah too ;)
-Doron

GA Devil
11-04-2003, 08:40 AM
Well we have both. I have an intellifeed mag and I bought my wife a hyperframe mag. As far as ROF I cant get my intellifeed anywhere near what I can get her hyperframe shooting. It is also alot easier to get a good clean shot (on target) when on the run using 1 hand when sprinting to the 50 on go. Her trigger is set so the slightest pull fires. I love it and would trade out of my intellifeed if I could find a deal.

kevdupuis
11-04-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by spantol
The new board's capped at 20. I love mine; I can't say enough good things about it.

Hey Spantol, how's the ult holding up in that beast? Does it seem to be helping with the battery life.

I have a BooYaah frame that I ran on my old classic. Though for consistant power and longer battery life I ran a remote battery pack velcroed to my tank. It was fun but I pulled it off because of shoot down at higher rates of fire with the old valve.

nicad
11-04-2003, 01:42 PM
word is the hyperframes love the ULT mod. might want to look into getting both of these for a nice relaible setup.

phantomhitman
11-04-2003, 04:25 PM
thanks for the opinions all!!! i guess i will go with the hyperframe, so if anyone has one for sale please lmk asap. thanks.
also, what is a ult mod? i am a complete mag noob, so dont haze me too much :confused: thanks

hitech
11-04-2003, 05:13 PM
Ultra Light Trigger. You can find it here. (http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=417&CATID=5) The hyperframe eliminates the problems encountered with a classic valve (short stroking).

phantomhitman
11-04-2003, 05:51 PM
thank you verymuch hitech. i thought that was it, but when i seen ule trigger kit i thought that might different. i am such a mag noob!!:confused:

nicad
11-04-2003, 06:17 PM
phantomhitman-
no worries! "ULT" (ultra light trigger) and the "ule trigger kit" are one and the same here. there is actually some controversy over the "correct" name for it, but as long as people understand whats being talked about, then thats all that matters for now.

cheers!

pballinzig
11-04-2003, 09:52 PM
do not get the ULT it sucks i got it and i dont even use it all it does is make the trigger pull a little bit lighter but u cant shoot as fast so u get screwed u should just get an intelliframe with an x valve with a HPA system and u can shoot 20 bps easily

deathstalker
11-04-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by pballinzig
Don't buy a ULT if you have a mechanical frame and Classic valve. I purchased one for my Classic valve and it works exactly like AGD said it would: it makes the pull lighter, but it's very easy to short stroke. You might have to keep your rate of fire down to avoid short stroking.
Fixed.

phantomhitman
11-04-2003, 11:35 PM
i think i found someone willing to give up their hyperframe. now how do i get the new board that allows 20bps? and how hard is it to install?
on a side note. i am getting the x-valve and i am already using hpa. will this help or hurt this frame? thanks for the help everyone. :D

sneakyhacker420
11-05-2003, 12:26 AM
you usually have to send in your gun to have centerflag set it up correctly with an x-valve, but you might as well to have the 20bps board installed too

pballinzig
11-05-2003, 03:44 PM
phantom dont get the hyper frame if ur getting the x valve and a HPA

hitech
11-05-2003, 03:52 PM
The X Valve is good with the hyperframe. What really works best is the ULT (aka ULE Trigger Kit). The ULT is probably the best upgrade when installing a hyperframe.

spantol
11-05-2003, 04:11 PM
I've only used the hyperframe with a ULT, so I can't comment on the difference in battery life. I do know that I'm on my original battery, and the shot counter has over 110,000 shots on it.

Originally posted by kevdupuis

Hey Spantol, how's the ult holding up in that beast? Does it seem to be helping with the battery life.

I have a BooYaah frame that I ran on my old classic. Though for consistant power and longer battery life I ran a remote battery pack velcroed to my tank. It was fun but I pulled it off because of shoot down at higher rates of fire with the old valve.

pballinzig
11-05-2003, 05:03 PM
how does the hyperframe work does any one have pictures of it or any thing? If u get the ULT without the hyper frame it sucks. You can only shoot like 3 BPS but i dont know about the hyper frame its probably diff cuz you prolly cant short stroke im guessing.

phantomhitman
11-05-2003, 05:03 PM
pballinzig,
why shouldnt i? is it because with hpa and xvalve i can pull 20bps already? or is a technical issue? Why not get it, and have the x, and have hpa? it cannot hurt right? the price is definatly right, no were close to the $400 retail. thanks for any help on this issue

spantol,
do you have a minimag, automag, emag, xmag etc? i have a minimag, just wanted to know if there were any issues installing this?

sneakyhacker420,
is that the only way to get it installed? i cannot take it to my local shop and have it done? they are on the centerflag webiste under dealers. thanks for any response

this is for every1
so i will end up with a xvalve, hpyerframe, ule vert body, running hpa and cocker threaded barrels (any recomendations?). does anyone see a problem with this setup technically? thanks for all of the answers and input so far, i appreciate it.

pballinzig
11-05-2003, 05:07 PM
the only reason i said not to get the hyper frame is because i thought that u might of had a budget but i guess not. what kind of hopper are u goin ta use?

phantomhitman
11-05-2003, 05:22 PM
i have no clue. like i have said many times before, i am just now getting back into the sport. when i stopped playing the very first "agitated" loaders were comnig out. is the halob or egg too much? all i have now is a 9 volt vl. i will upgrade, but not until i can find exactly what i need. any links or help finding a loader to handle my setup would be welcome. thanks

pballinzig
11-05-2003, 05:31 PM
One thing i dont understand is y the heck would u get a ULT with a hyperframe that doens tmake any sense who ever said that up there. If its an eframe y would u need to lighten the trigger pull?? sorry bout that phantom i just relized that and that doesnt make any sense. I think u should get the halo b becauze those r the fastest loaders on the market right now and im goin to get on as soon as i find a new HPA but that sounds pretty good for your setup. Also r u goin to do the go x valve prgram from the airgun.com or r u goin to just buy a new x valve?

pballinzig
11-05-2003, 05:34 PM
the halo b's r like $115 tho but there is the egg which loads like 19bps but theres an upgrade for i think $30 that is a new chip and itll make it feed like 22 or something like that its on PBstar.com if u want to check it out

deathstalker
11-05-2003, 05:35 PM
The reason the ULT is good for the Hyperframe is because the on/off pin is easier to move with the ULT kit.

hitech
11-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by pballinzig
One thing I don't understand is why the heck would you get a ULT with a hyperframe?

Since the ULT requires less pressure to move it will allow the hyperframe to use less battery "power" to move it. It will continue to function on a lower batter than without. Also, it can be difficult to get the right length on/off pin. Since the ULT's pin length is adjustable it makes it that much easier.

In short, lots of positives and no negatives (other than cost).

nicad
11-05-2003, 06:01 PM
while at PSP World Cup, Dennis (owner of centerflag) came over and talked a little while with us at the AGD booth. He said that he sets up all of his players mags with hyperframes and ULT kits. He said they were seeing them rip up to the 20bps, and have extreamly low "dwell" times thus saving the battery life. I didnt think to ask him about bolt/sear wear, since that was a major issue with hyperframes when setup incorectly. Im sure the adjustable on/off eleminates the problem tho.

out!

phantomhitman
11-05-2003, 06:09 PM
thanks for the info guys, i am feeling better and better about my deal. ill let you know when i get it in. anyone have a ult triggr kit for sale?

hitech
11-05-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by nicad
...have extreamly low "dwell" times thus saving the battery life.

On the new hyperframe board there are two dwell times. The initial dwell and the "return" dwell. During the "return" dwell the current to the solenoid is pulsed (you also can control the pulse freq.). Since a ULT requires sig. less force to keep open you could set a short initial dwell of say 5ms. The set the "return" dwell to 25ms with a low freq pulse. That would save battery life and avoid bolt/sear wear issues. :D

pballinzig
11-05-2003, 06:16 PM
thanx for all that info on the ULT and the hyperframe i got confused about all that. i have one phantom and its hardly been used or any thing. i put it in once and shot a couple of times n then i short stroked too much and took it out and got an x valve i have no use for it now

pballinzig
11-05-2003, 06:18 PM
im me or email me about it