PDA

View Full Version : Crossfire 88 ci tank

Steuzy
11-04-2003, 12:32 AM
I have a question, I just got an automag from a friend of mine with an 88 ci tank on it by Crossfire, and the only ASA that it seems to fit into is the shocktech dropforward that is on the gun. Is there a reasonable explaination for this?

PyRo
11-04-2003, 02:20 AM
How many have you tried, we couldn't get my tank into one guys ASA, but thats the only time ive had problems.

Steuzy
11-04-2003, 09:37 AM
I've tried quite a few different things, another drop forward, two different thread protectors no success.

PyRo
11-04-2003, 02:29 PM
Maybie the theads on the drop were messed up and he just forced the tank on, bending the threads on the tank. Although its unlikely that the tank threads would bend before the drop threads. Maybie call crossfire, might get a new reg out of it?

wdyer14
11-13-2003, 07:03 PM
my 88/4500 crossfire has the same problem.It is about aa year old so they probally fixd this ,but the first thread has a slight angle to it.If you put it on a tightly machined drop,like my dye you must start it at a partial angle to slide the first thread in.The easiest way is to turn the gun upside down,letting the threads rest in the asa you can spin it a few times until it catches.Some other drops like my psycho ballistics have slightly looser threads so it goes right in.Every company has slightly differant manufacturing tolerances.

fenix_rising
11-13-2003, 09:18 PM
i have had the same problem with my air america 88 melee. the best thing to do is turn it so the tank is straight in the air and just turn it till it catches.