PDA

View Full Version : Anyone upgrade their classic RT w/xvalve yet?

reefer madness
11-04-2003, 12:45 AM
has anyone done the ule/xvalve upgrade for their classic RT yet? i would like to know how the reactivity feels.

reefer madness
11-11-2003, 11:04 PM
anyone?

reefer madness
11-12-2003, 12:36 AM
has agd sold any yet?

joeski206
11-12-2003, 11:41 AM
I am considering it, but waiting to see and hear from others, also undecided to go with warp or CF.........

bmexline
11-12-2003, 01:10 PM
same as w/ xmags and other things. everyone screams about wanting something so it makes it seem there is a high demand for the item. then agd or others go ahead and produce/make available the item in question because of the perceived high demand. then when they are available there's no one to be found w/ any $ willing to spend it on the item. roller trigger anyone??

Kevmaster
11-12-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by bmexline
same as w/ xmags and other things. everyone screams about wanting something so it makes it seem there is a high demand for the item. then agd or others go ahead and produce/make available the item in question because of the perceived high demand. then when they are available there's no one to be found w/ any $ willing to spend it on the item. roller trigger anyone??

at least this doenst cost much extra to produce...unline roller triggers and Z-Grips

68magOwner
11-12-2003, 02:57 PM
I would like a roller trigger and i have a Z grip :p , im also concidering this ule/x valve exchange, but i dont have the money right now

tool
11-12-2003, 04:10 PM
I got my the RT trade in but i ordered a ULT at the same time so there almost no reactivity now :(

thump
11-12-2003, 05:00 PM
do you meen to tell me that you have to have either center feed or warp left? you cant have hopper left? i dont have a warp and none of my barrels will fit a center feed?someone please tell me if im wrong about the warp/center feed.if thats how it is im going to have to rethink the idea of sending my rt in.:(

krafty
11-12-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by thump
do you meen to tell me that you have to have either center feed or warp left? you cant have hopper left? i dont have a warp and none of my barrels will fit a center feed?someone please tell me if im wrong about the warp/center feed.if thats how it is im going to have to rethink the idea of sending my rt in.:(

It's a ULE body. Cocker threaded. Your barrels won't fit it anyway.

thump
11-12-2003, 05:30 PM
DOH !
going to have to buy more barrels.
but you cant have hopper let onn them? i love the hopper left!

reefer madness
11-12-2003, 11:24 PM
tool, can you still use the stock rt hardline or did you have to use a soft line on the other side?

Strider
11-13-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by thump
DOH !
going to have to buy more barrels.
but you cant have hopper let onn them? i love the hopper left! Nope, no hopper left with the ULE series.

thump
11-13-2003, 11:05 AM
tell me people, if they come back with cocker threads is there an adapter of any kind you can use so that you can still use your mag threaded barrel's? if there is where can i get one and how much do they cost?:confused:

Strider
11-13-2003, 11:57 AM
Nope.

thump
11-13-2003, 01:15 PM
well they should make an adaptor like that so us mag guys not have to cheapen our mags by putting icky cocker parts on them.;)

tool
11-13-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by reefer madness
tool, can you still use the stock rt hardline or did you have to use a soft line on the other side?

they took away my hardline and i have to use a soft line on the other side :(
im gonna try to take some pics of it when my buddy gets is digital cam.

rikkter
11-13-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Strider
Nope.

ehmm. yes there is, Doc Nickel makes a adapter for the mags, to make them cocker threaded.

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/barrels/magadapt/

DWOOD
11-13-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by rikkter

ehmm. yes there is, Doc Nickel makes a adapter for the mags, to make them cocker threaded.

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/barrels/magadapt/

no he means a barrel adapter to make cocker threads from the ule into twist loc

rikkter
11-13-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by DWOOD

no he means a barrel adapter to make cocker threads from the ule into twist loc

ohh, i've must've read his post 8 times before i understood it, and i still didn't understand it as it appears lol

punkcmonkiez
11-13-2003, 07:32 PM
thump...trust me, you will probably love the vert feed, it lowers your profile and is more comfortable than powerfeed IMO... and the cocker barrels are usually easy to come by and cheap if you have a nearby shop ... ive actually noticed improved accruacy with the threaded barrel, and i think its because it twists in much more securily than the twist locks do...

thump
11-13-2003, 07:40 PM
rikkter , im no writer thats for sure,just glad someone was able to understand what i ment:)

punkcmonkiez,, i have another marker thats vert feed but i do like hopper left more.guess i will just have to get use to vet feed again,,still dont like the idea of haveing to use cocker parts though,the one good thing is cocker barrels are cheap to buy compaired to mag ones:D

punkcmonkiez
11-13-2003, 08:47 PM
i have another marker thats vert feed but i do like hopper left more

all personal preferance i guess

abarnhar
11-16-2003, 10:35 PM
Can someone post the link to the original thread/announcement? I've lost it.

tool
11-17-2003, 02:52 PM
here's the link http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102832&highlight=rt+owners

abarnhar
11-17-2003, 05:10 PM
Many thanks Tool

Wrathchild
11-17-2003, 05:41 PM
Heh... I think im just going to get AGDBrad to mill my Classic RT valve's on/off out for ULT. Other than that, no ULE/X-valve upgrade for me. Doesnt seem worth it in my opinion. Valve is barely worth 100$? I would be all over it if they just gave us a stock 68 Classic powerfeed left and X-valve for cheaper, because I have no use for the Vert.

gquan
11-17-2003, 11:41 PM
I got my upgraded RT Classic back from AGD two weeks ago. I just love the center feed, the great balance, the smaller profile, the light weight, and the anti-chop Lvl 10 bolt!

I haven't played in over 4 years so I can't really say how the trigger response is, but I think it's a bit tighter than before. Shooting in my backyard, I was able to hammer on the trigger and not chop a single ball. It did pinch a few times, but I was shooting 4 year old All Star Ball that was a bit bloated. The 4 year old Gator Green Marbs I tried to shoot would just get stuck in the breech. Even my newly aquired Halo B would not force it completely into the breech. I also tried shooting some fresh Zap, and that shot flawlessly.

A question for all your ULE/X-Valve RT users. Is it normal for the Lvl 10 bolt to be visible (down the feed tube) when gassed up? I don't believe it was visible with the Classic RT.

I have pics of my old Classic and the new ULE RT here (http://www.simplygq.com/pb.html). One warning though, it's a bit of a slow connection to the pics.