PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered some stuff, need quick re-assurance...

xrancid_milkx
11-04-2003, 12:51 AM
I just ordered a ULE Body and a J&J Edge barrel with 4 backs.

I read good things about the Edge Kit, I just wanted to make sure I didn't make a mistake....

Anybody here have or use em? Input would be greatly appreciated.

Jon/xpm
11-04-2003, 01:09 AM
xrancid_milkx-ive used the edge on a viking and it shot great...
never shot it on a mag yet and hopefully will be testing it soon...

Only problem i see is the case gives you a little trouble to open it but thats about it...
but i dont mind the effort because if its easy to open, their could be a easier chance to fall out ;)

I have 3 ss back and a black front... :p

did you get ss back or al?
i think the ss back our rare woot :cool:
lmk how you like it...

xrancid_milkx
11-04-2003, 01:18 AM
I ordered the barrel from paintball-discounters.com for $115. It said the back is black, and I couldn't change the backs color, that wasn't an option. So I think its safe to assume its aluminum (unless its SS powder coated :confused: ). I chose a black front as well.

Overall they seem really nice, and the price was very attractive. Thanks for the input :D

bunkermaster10
11-04-2003, 01:20 AM
Man those cases are hard as crap to open. But I really like the barrel kit seem really lite.

hailstorm
11-04-2003, 02:02 AM
hey, don't worry about your purchase. I have an edge kit for my 68mag and I absolutely love it. Since I have gotten it I have not used another barrel. As for the back being black, I don't know what thats about because I have chrome backs. Anyways, enjoy the new barrel.

Jon/xpm
11-04-2003, 02:04 AM
hailstorm-hold on to your ss backs...
i dont think j&j made alot of them...

hailstorm
11-04-2003, 02:26 AM
sweet, thanks for the tip jon.

rikkter
11-04-2003, 06:18 AM
i have the chrome backs as well. i also ordered from paintball-discounters...i ALSO emailed them asking if they had chrome laying around but he said they only had black. but they shipped me chrome. but this was AHWHILE ago, but you might get lucky.

the chrome backs are aluminum aren't they?

i'm pleased with the kit, backs could be a tad bigger, and the tip could use a lot less porting.
i still switch from either my edge or to my j&j ceramic if the paint fits it.

personman
11-04-2003, 04:32 PM
Every time I open the case it feels like its under so much pressure its going to fly open when I open it, but it never does. I love the kit itself, it shoots darts. The only problem with mine was it diddnt come with orings to keep the barrel from unscrewing during rapid fire. That wasnt a major probelm but it sure was annoying, so I went to home depot and bought some orings to slip between the front & back and the ule body

lord1234
11-04-2003, 04:39 PM
jj edge kit rocks
works wonders on my ULE body
i have 2 fronts for it and 4 backs great:)
and somehoiw i managed to get mine free:0

xrancid_milkx
11-04-2003, 04:48 PM
Now I'm looking forward to getting mine. :D

Is the case that much of a pain in you know what?:rolleyes:

krafty
11-04-2003, 05:25 PM
The case is fine. Nice and secure. My only gripe is you can only get the 4 backs and 2 tips in it. :) You could easily step on it without causing any damage, unlike the freak kit, which will crack.

The chrome backs are aluminum, not stainless. If they made stainless backs, I haven't seen any. I use an edge kit on my bushy, chrome backs and 2 tips, 12" and 14". I absolutely love it!

Jon/xpm
11-04-2003, 05:54 PM
krafty-emailing j&j will provide the best answer :)

so the question will be answered soon :D