PDA

View Full Version : Emag Body Compatability?

tomu
11-04-2003, 04:35 PM
Hey guys, I have a very simple question - can I use my EMag body on my Classic Mag? The Emag's body uses a circular shaped connection for the screw to be inserted through the rail, while my classic uses a rectangular shaped fitting that firmly sits in the rail. When I attached the Emag body to my Classic's rail, it didnt feel very secure (just slightly able to move left and right). When I put the valve in place and screw in the field strip screw, everything feels secure, and I wanted to know if this was dangerous at all? Should I not attempt to use the Emag body?

abunkerer
11-04-2003, 05:35 PM
yeah, you can use an emag body on a automag.
-The new ULE bodies have the same circular shaped connection, the screw holds everything in place.

PyRo
11-04-2003, 06:13 PM
Your fine, you just cannot use the automag body on the e-mag. And for a ULE you need to press out the barrel holder inner thing.

madstan
11-06-2003, 06:03 PM
Sorry to piggyback another question on this thread, but you've answered 1/2 of my questions with this one. I've been intrested in getting a center-feed body, but don't want to throw my 5-6 'mag barrels away...

Do the emag/rt pro bodies use the cocker threads, or do they use the standard auto/minimag barrel lock system?

Thanks

AkumA
11-06-2003, 06:10 PM
i have an emag body on my classic rail, its fine. just make sure its on tight.

mad - they use the twist lock. the only AGD made body that accepts cocker barrels is the ULE body.

madstan
11-06-2003, 06:13 PM
Excellent! Thanks much for the quick reply, AkumA.

Now I just gotta go hit the airgun store...and wait...

Doh, they're out of the black CF...guess it'll be a bit longer wait :eek:

Aegis
11-06-2003, 06:33 PM
I have a few vert bodies for sale - polished stainless, std and no-rise available. Might even talk me out of a barrel.

for sale thread (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109881)

PyRo
11-06-2003, 07:12 PM
I don't think a hopper left or hopper right mag barrel with work with center feed. YOu can get them milled to fit the cf though...

tomu
11-06-2003, 10:40 PM
Thanks everyone for their input on the subject - I'm very happy to hear this works. Now my back up mag looks *almost as pretty as my primary. :)

madstan
11-07-2003, 12:41 AM
Thanks for pointing that out, PyRo. I hadn't thought about the barrel locking nipple placment in relation to the rail. I guess my PF+elbow+hopper isn't _that_ high, with the lower profile elbows(yea, I still have 2-3 old ones).

Thanks for all the input guys.