PDA

View Full Version : AO NJ to AO SC Express

1stdeadeye
11-04-2003, 05:50 PM
Hey Tuna, Newt, Day, and Mango:

Just started a thread for us to use to coordinate everything.

Suburban: $340 plus gas. That is $68 each plus gas.

So far Day and Newt are coming down the night before for an early departure.

What do you all think? 4 to 5 am departure to get us there early afternoon for an early drinking binge!!!

maglover52
11-04-2003, 06:14 PM
be aware suburbans are gas hogs! we used to have one and it got like 10 miles to the gallon

speeddemon
11-04-2003, 08:45 PM
Well what do you suggest they use? an Excursion?;) Think about it, its 5 people on a fairly long trip, with not only clothes, but paintball gear. They need a big comfortable vehicle. Find something that big that is good on gas and Im sure they would rather have it instead.

Mango
11-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Scott: that sounds great!! Cant wait!!

Oh, tonight in class Tanya freaked me out, she said "So I heard your going to South Carolina." and I forgot for a second that she worked for you. DAMN that was weird. LOL

Albinonewt
11-04-2003, 09:49 PM
Sounds good to me DE.

Not much we can do about the mileage though. I doubt the 5 of us with PB gear are going to fit confortably into a Geo metro.

1stdeadeye
11-05-2003, 08:29 AM
Mango: LOL! I told her to tell you.;)

Newt, Gues who I am: Why you are uninformed. There is a perfectly easy way to environmentally make your trip without devouring so much precious fuel. I'll tell you when you agree that the internal combustion engine is the devil!;)

Is Dayspring coming down Thursday too?

Also shou we pack "adult beverages" for the road trip?:D

Tobe2be
11-05-2003, 08:57 AM
hey 1stdeadeye i got a big ole church van that hold 15 of us. no need to pay for renting the truck and we can get more people in there. contact me for more info.

cphilip
11-05-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by speeddemon
Well what do you suggest they use? an Excursion?;)

Well to be honest if it was a Diesel one then yea...

You would get a tad over 20 MPG with a Diesel Excursion. But I hardly know where to send you to rent one. I have no idea if anyone does.

Diesel is running a buck and 29 on the interstate. A tad under Gas right now.

Dayspring
11-05-2003, 10:17 AM
Yes. I'll have everything with me at work and drive down shortly thereafter. (Keep in mind I'm coming from WAY up north. I'll be there like 2-3 hours after work. :p)

Originally posted by 1stdeadeye
Is Dayspring coming down Thursday too?

Wc Keep
11-05-2003, 10:52 AM
last year when we went down we took bofhs bronco and fit five guys in there comfortably. and it only came out to 25 bucks for gas each.....

tjussery
11-05-2003, 10:54 AM
Glad to see you's Jersey guys are coming! Yes, New York is an extension of Jersey! :D

Tobe2be
11-05-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by tjussery
Glad to see you's Jersey guys are coming! Yes, New York is an extension of Jersey! :D

WTF New York is no extension of jersey. jersey is where all of New York's garbage goes to. so i think that should mean something right there.

Note: people dont even say jerseys full name. its not worth it

P.S. Im going to hear it for this one

Kaiser Bob
11-05-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Tobe2be
WTF New York is no extension of jersey. jersey is where all of New York's garbage goes to.

That includes the new yorkers that end up moving down here... ;)

Dayspring
11-05-2003, 01:16 PM
I thought that was Staten Island... :p

WTF New York is no extension of jersey. jersey is where all of New York's garbage goes to.

speeddemon
11-05-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by cphilip

Well to be honest if it was a Diesel one then yea...

You would get a tad over 20 MPG with a Diesel Excursion. But I hardly know where to send you to rent one. I have no idea if anyone does.

Diesel is running a buck and 29 on the interstate. A tad under Gas right now.
Well then diesel doesn't count.:D I forgot they put the power stroke in it, I was thinking of the v10.

Tobe2be
11-05-2003, 01:41 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dayspring
[B]I thought that was Staten Island... :p

no that will be the long islanders that tell everyone they are from new york city.....

1stdeadeye
11-05-2003, 01:56 PM
LOL!

Day are you crashing at my place or Mango's?

Jersey rules!!!!!!!!

NY is nice once you get past the smell!:eek: ;) :p

Thanks ToBe2Be for the offer. I'll PM you.

Tobe2be
11-05-2003, 01:59 PM
hey dead eye i think its the other way around. why do you think jersey didnt loose there light during the east coast black out cuz you guys have so much toxic waste that it lit up jersey just fine for that day

1stdeadeye
11-05-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Wc Keep
last year when we went down we took bofhs bronco and fit five guys in there comfortably. and it only came out to 25 bucks for gas each.....

Yes, but we wish to ride in style and comfort. Plus Tuna packs lots of stuff!;)

1stdeadeye
11-05-2003, 02:06 PM
hey dead eye i think its the other way around. why do you think jersey didnt loose there light during the east coast black out cuz you guys have so much toxic waste that it lit up jersey just fine for that day

No, it was due to the "Jersey Attitude". The power was afraid to go off in Jersey!;)

Dayspring
11-05-2003, 02:08 PM
Don't really care one way or the other. Whomever offers first or has frosty beverages for me. :D

LOL!

Day are you crashing at my place or Mango's?

1stdeadeye
11-05-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
Don't really care one way or the other. Whomever offers first or has frosty beverages for me. :D

Well you are invited.

I have no beer though. Hard Liquor only!!!:D

Dayspring
11-05-2003, 02:38 PM
Oh poor me... ;)

Mango
11-05-2003, 05:42 PM

Well you are invited.

I have no beer though. Hard Liquor only!!!:D

Starbase would be so proud!! :D

1stdeadeye
11-05-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by SprayingMango

Starbase would be so proud!! :D

:eek:

1stdeadeye
11-11-2003, 08:16 AM
We may have a sixth man aboard. My buddy RickEZ10 might be coming down with us as well. If his future son-in-law comes to, they are going to drive themselves and we will caravan down.

Good news!!!

Tunaman
11-11-2003, 08:41 AM
Well is someone gonna gimme the address where we are meeting? And who is bringing the "candy"?:D :D

1stdeadeye
11-11-2003, 11:03 AM
Tuna,
You can meet us at my house or we can meet you at the bottom of the turnpike, whichever is easier for you.

LMK and I'll send you the corresponding address.

Dayspring
11-11-2003, 11:05 AM
Yeah. If you could send me your address too so I can head down there. I'll crash on a floor somewhere that night (Thursday).

1stdeadeye
11-19-2003, 06:47 AM
Up!

Okay, Matt is crashing with JT, and Nick is crashing with me.

We just need to know what you want to do Tuna. Do you want to come down the night before too? I have a sofa bed in the TV room you can use.

Nick did you get my PM with the address I sent you over on Violator's forum?

We will be on the road in Richmond VA 48 hours from now!:D

Day, Newt, and Tuna: IMPORTANT I NEED YOU TO FAX COPIES OF YOUR LICENSES TO ENTERPRISE TO ALLOW YOU TO DRIVE THE TRUCK!!! I'll post the number and reference number later today. I don't know if multiple drivers raise the cost.

Also Newt, since I am putting the truck on my cc, will you put the room on yours? We will probably just pay cash for the room, but I don't want the wife to see anything more then she has to. As for the truck rental, could you guyus write checks, not cash. Wifey doesn't trust me. She thinks I would spend all the cash and not put it towards the rental and just leave it on the card.

Thanks!

Albinonewt
11-19-2003, 07:11 AM
Whatever is best for you deadeye.

But post the Fax number on violator as well. I can't read this forum from work.

manike
11-19-2003, 07:39 AM
If I wanted to join the express on the way back up to New Jersey could I?

When are you heading back up? and when do you expect to arrive in NJ?

Will anyone be going close to NPS? I know I saw 1stDeadEye there so he must be fairly local? ;)

Dayspring
11-19-2003, 10:07 AM
We're departing on sunday (23rd) after the event.

I'm sure we could squeeze you in. Did you pack light? ;)

And I think one of us could get you where you need to go- hotel or otherwise.

Big'n slo
11-19-2003, 10:18 AM
FYI, I know 1DE is lives about 5 minutes from NPS, (I'm about 10 minutes away) but hotels are pretty scarce in our neck of the woods...

Mango
11-19-2003, 11:13 AM
Simon: 1stdeadeye is probably the closest, I am about 20 minutes away. Im sure it won't be a problem. :p

As far as hotels, click this link (https://www.marriott.com) and enter Deptford, NJ for city and state.

The first two on the list are literally directly across from eachother in Deptford, NJ. Which is fairly close to where NPS is. I think those are your best bet. Hope it helps! :D

cphilip
11-19-2003, 11:23 AM
WhoooooT Its happenin! :D

Tobe2be
11-19-2003, 11:55 AM
hey manike there is also room im my car since no one else is comming in my car besides my brother and i. if you cant fit with Day 1de and them we have no problem dropping you off in jersey. let me know

1stdeadeye
11-19-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by manike
If I wanted to join the express on the way back up to New Jersey could I?

Since Tuna is going to sell so much stuff there, I am sure we will have room for you on the return trip.

When are you heading back up? and when do you expect to arrive in NJ?

We leave Sunday very early and will end at my home which is about 4 miles from NPS!

Will anyone be going close to NPS? I know I saw 1stDeadEye there so he must be fairly local? ;)

I can take you anywhere you need to go Sunday evening including local hotels. Are you staying just one night here or at an extended stay place?

manike
11-19-2003, 02:30 PM
Thanks a lot!

My need to go to NJ or not is yet to be determined. I have to wait for John and Gino to let me know the schedule. They were talking about my needing to be there on the 22nd but I think I've managed to get out of that. ;)

I may not find out if I am going or flying back to Dallas until sometime this weekend.

If I am heading back I usually stay at a hotel in Deptford (sp?) which is about as close to NPS as hotels get from what I know.

1stdeadeye
11-20-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by manike
If I am heading back I usually stay at a hotel in Deptford (sp?) which is about as close to NPS as hotels get from what I know.

If you do ride back with us, I'll be happy to shuttle you to where you need to go.

Nice thing about riding with us, the seat is empty regardless. So last minute additions work!;)

cphilip
11-20-2003, 10:22 AM
You guys know to head South right? If you get to Georgia you just past it!

1stdeadeye
11-20-2003, 10:26 AM
URGENT URGENT URGENT

Please check the other site we have been discussing this trip on. You must fax your d/l to the number there today!!!

Dayspring
11-20-2003, 10:45 AM
It's ok, you can post the address if you want. I could use the traffic. ;)

www.teamviolator.com/forums/

Albinonewt
11-20-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
You guys know to head South right? If you get to Georgia you just past it!

Are you sure?

Mango
11-20-2003, 07:56 PM
I thought we were going to Wisconsin?! :confused: :eek:

1stdeadeye
11-21-2003, 01:49 PM
we are finally here. 10 hours and forgotten directions later.

VERY INTERESTING RIDE!!!

sTOP CHECKING THE JUNK!

Big'n slo
11-21-2003, 01:53 PM
I hate you all....:( :mad:

In a jealous, pouting sort of way....