PDA

View Full Version : need help finishing my project

richie
11-04-2003, 06:00 PM
I wanted to anno this thing in the olive drab green like the new tactical cocker but don't know where I could get it done.Any ideas?I was also wondering could you get it hard anno'ed in this color or is it not available.I would like it to be durable.Thanks for the help,Richie

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/pb4dd63bed425fbedec9a652db691cd85/faa4eb27.jpg

pointm@n
11-04-2003, 06:12 PM
I don't think you'll be able to annodize the minimag body. As far as I know it's stainless steel and you can't anno it. You're best bet is to get it powdercoated...

I think KPCustoms does powdercoating. can't think of the website though. do a search and i'm sure it's mentioned...

LittlePaintballBoy
11-04-2003, 06:38 PM
I hopw you are buying a retro valve...

Ryknow
11-04-2003, 08:07 PM
www.xpb.us

My local shop, they do there work very very well and for a good price.

Nick O time
11-04-2003, 08:12 PM
did you do that yourself? whats on it? are you getting a ULE so you can annoe the body the same color and are you getting an RT valve of some sort?

yeah Xpb is sweet i am probably sending my gun in to them. they also remove that stainless steel ring in the back of your gun so you can actually anno it.

are you gonna try to annoe the body if so just remember you can't annoe any of the bodies but the ULE's and Sluggos, in other words aluminum bodies. good luck with that can you get some more pics please?

richie
11-04-2003, 09:51 PM
The main body is staying natural stainless.I bead blasted all thee other parts until I can get them coated.I want to anno the battery housing,the barrel,bottle adaptor and body rail(after I mill it smooth)the olive green.I made the mount for the bottle to my own preference and it sets the bottle up to the side instead of lower like a drop forward.I can tuck it into my shoulder.I hope to get an X valve after the new year and then warp feed it.I did not like having to change the battery out of the grip so I made a mount/trigger guard for the e-mag battery housing.I also cleaned up the stock boo yaah trigger.Next is a set of custom grips since I can't find any anywhere.I hope to finish it soon.Thanks,Richie