PDA

View Full Version : MXS Texas Throwdown Rollcall!

Albinonewt
11-04-2003, 06:02 PM
Ok folks, the time is rapidly approaching (although not rapidly enough) for the Big Houston Game (as I like to call it). The information is here Information (http://www.mxstexasthrowdown.com/)

I'd like to get a count on who is planning on attending so we can prepare for you all!

Dayspring and I will be arriving on Thursday night and plan to stay until Monday morning. We'll be staying at the following:

Comfort Suites Willowbrook/Tech.Corr
21222 Tomball Pkwy.
Houston, TX 77070
Phone: (281) 370-2727

The rate is about $70 a night.

We'll try to coordinate a group hangout probably on Friday night. More info as it comes in (maybe a local guy can help me out on that one).

Confirmed attendees:

AGD

CaPoEiRa
Spraying Mango v 2.0 AKA Day Spring
Albinonewt
Havoc_Online
Muzik Man
Wyn
Preacher
Elmo
Burphel
Cable
nicad
edweird
rikkter
Kenndog (unconfirmed)
Judster
vf-xx (needs a carpool)
Virem
Manike (Maybe)
SkyBoySurfer

Clare
11-04-2003, 06:13 PM
Spaying Mango

..and if you happen to bring your unspayed dogs or cats to the event, Mango can take care of that for you!

Muzikman
11-04-2003, 06:18 PM
I will be there. Landing about Noon on Friday and taking off about 5pm on Sunday. Not sure where I am staying, but probably the Hampton Inn.

Mango
11-04-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa

..and if you happen to bring your unspayed dogs or cats to the event, Mango can take care of that for you!

Indeed! :D

wyn1370
11-04-2003, 09:04 PM
I be going, I'll be in muz's room

nicad
11-04-2003, 10:25 PM
seeing as this is in my cozy little town, Im sure Ill be around. Definatly need to do the get together on friday thing.

Jaasper
11-04-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Albinonewt
Comfort Suites Willowbrook/Tech.Corr
21222 Tomball Pkwy.
Houston, TX 77070
Phone: (281) 370-2727

Mango and I also have room for one other person, as the rooms come with a sofa bed, and are apparently quite large (I'll believe it when I see it). The rate is about $70 a night.

We stayed in one when we went out to florida for the camp blanding game. They are nice and roomie. 2 double beds with a seperate living area. Kitchen area with breakfast table and couch (Sofa Bed.), TV the whole bit. Stayed in one in New Jersery, right across the bridge from New York, It was a one bed suite that was still pretty huge. (One Double Bed, kitchen area with bar.) Best $75ish rooms around in my opinion. Compaq HQ is right there, so you have some pretty nice suites for cheap in that area.

Muzikman
11-04-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Jaasper

We stayed in one when we went out to florida for the camp blanding game. They are nice and roomie. 2 double beds with a seperate living area. Kitchen area with breakfast table and couch (Sofa Bed.), TV the whole bit. Stayed in one in New Jersery, right across the bridge from New York, It was a one bed suite that was still pretty huge. (One Double Bed, kitchen area with bar.) Best $75ish rooms around in my opinion. Compaq HQ is right there, so you have some pretty nice suites for cheap in that area.

Sounds like we found the party room:)

cabldawg
11-04-2003, 11:53 PM
Evil Inc will be there.
Preacher
Elmo
Burphel
Cable

vf-xx
11-05-2003, 12:27 AM
I really wanna go, but I can't afford to travel AND go to the game.

If anybody is coming from/through the West texas area PLEASE let me know if you're willing to carpool!!!

edweird
11-05-2003, 02:38 AM
I have not bought my plane tix yet but I intend on making this event... and pulling up some floor courtsey of Albinonewt or Mango

rikkter
11-05-2003, 06:00 AM
i'll be there supporting a AO jersey if i can, but definitally going

Albinonewt
11-05-2003, 11:25 PM
C'mon, I know this isn't it. There must be more of you out there.

kenndogg
11-06-2003, 01:54 AM
hmm..sounds like fun, maybe I'll show up.

judster
11-06-2003, 08:20 AM
well seeing how its at my home field i will be there. for those of you that have never played a MXS scenario game, firday nights are party nights....check out what they have planned that night...hot tub, free texas BBQ, live band, and the list goes on check out the schedule of events:
http://www.mxstexasthrowdown.com for more details. there is really no need to 'go out' to have a good time, just swing by the field. if you guys have any questions about whats around the field feel free to ask.

Muzikman
11-06-2003, 10:53 AM
All we need to know where is the local beer distibutor that sells Guinness and the local liquor store that sells Bailey's Irish cream and Jameson Irish whiskey. :D

judster
11-06-2003, 10:58 AM
if i am not mistaken there is a liquor store down the street about 5-10 miles. i am not sure on its exact location but i am pretty sure there is one.

scarpa43
11-06-2003, 11:29 AM
I will be there, but I am reffing not playing.

I will probably be around on Friday night for a little but will go home so I can get some sleep before having to ref for 14+ hours on Saturday.

GT
11-06-2003, 01:19 PM
Player Appreciation Price: $40.00 by October 1st, 2003
Pre-registration: $50.00 by November, 12th, 2003
Admission: $60.00 day of event

Event only paint will be PMI Premium at $80/case. Air fills will be done on a ticket system: $4 per ticket or 4 tickets for $10. No personal fill stations allowed.

GOOD LORD!!!!

3 day event and 80/case!

I think I am sitting this one out considering it is in my backyard. I will be more than happy to help out AO members once they arrive in the big H.

jb

judster
11-06-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi

GOOD LORD!!!!

3 day event and 80/case!

I think I am sitting this one out considering it is in my backyard. I will be more than happy to help out AO members once they arrive in the big H.

jb
have you ever played a scenario? a case will last the entire event. ive played in almost 20 scenarios and never have shot more then a case and a half. and im trigger happy. theres more to a scenario then shooting. they charge 80 a case because of the prize package and they also have to pay the bills as well...and if i am not mistaken i think they will have evil there, but dont quote me on that. trust me, thats not a bad price for paint, includeing what you are getting in return.

Albinonewt
11-06-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by judster
have you ever played a scenario? a case will last the entire event.

At shatner I had a FIVE case day.

But personal preferences do differ :)

Muzikman
11-06-2003, 05:50 PM

At shatner I had a FIVE case day.

But personal preferences do differ :)

He means paint, not booze:)

judster
11-06-2003, 05:53 PM
what shatner? the 1st one really doenst count as a scenario in my book. i shot alot of paint there as well. but with the well laided out field that paintball USA is you can either shoot 5 cases or jsut a case. sorry if my statement taken the wrong way. i know that most of the people that i play scenarios with do not use a case. as we are all on budgets and cant afford a bunch of cases ;) and i am also aware that there are people that justgo out and shoot paint....i say go for it, if thats your style of play. im more of a case person myself. reguardless of what kind of scenario player you are, this event will cover it all. there is gonna be alot of fun to be had. everyone should try to make it out to it...;)

Albinonewt
11-09-2003, 06:42 AM
Well, thanx to CB's 20 page diatribe about how Marshal's don't make airplanes safe Sparying Mango is no longer willing to go to Texas for the weekend.

Actually, it had more to do with the fact that his professors fail to understand the importance of playing paintball at 4 am in Texas. Morons. And they call themselves educated. Don't spend money sending your kids to college folks, these people have no idea what's important in life.

Andways, since Mango 1.0 is unavailable for stompage there has been an upgrade, to a model for suitable for paintball during finals week. This new program will known as Day Spring.

Some would say I've traded up, some would say I've traded down. Hmmmm........ I think a poll is in order.

Anyways, Sorry you can't come Mango. I guess you'll just have to study hard, get rich, and teach those teachers a lesson or two.

And I'm glad to see the Day Walker making an appearence with me in Texas.

(I wonder if Dayspring knows that with Mango not here the responsibility to check my junk falls to him?)

wyn1370
11-09-2003, 08:04 AM
(I wonder if Dayspring knows that with Mango not here the responsibility to check my junk falls to him?)
I'm just glad you volunteered day

Pisser you can't make it mangy. You know it won't be nearly as fun without you. But you do realize that this automatically nominates you for the 2AM drunken phone call.

Mango
11-09-2003, 11:11 AM

Yes unfortunatly I really can't go, it'd be unresponsible of me to make it. That is right in the middle of finals week at college.

Dayspring better start practicing the "lean" while checking the junk. It is a skill that few possess. I'm sure he can do it. :p

vf-xx
11-18-2003, 09:42 PM
Well, seeing as how I have no one to carpool with it looks like I won't be going.

manike
11-18-2003, 10:05 PM
I want to go!

vf-xx we can carpool! Only problem being I don't have a car... yet :D

Anyone else from the Dallas area going?

nicad
11-18-2003, 10:24 PM
Simon! you MUST come.. being in TX and all- its a requirement now.

this will be basically in my back yard. not really, but seeing the size of houston, anything within the "bounds" qualifies as my turf. :)

I wont be playing, but I should be there most of saturday.. and will be hanging out on friday somehere around here as well- probably at PaintballMaxx...

later!

manike
11-18-2003, 10:35 PM
How far/long will it be to drive from Dallas?

headcase
11-18-2003, 10:40 PM
It's only 240 miles or so, that is from center of Dallas to center of Houston, your actual distance will vary.

manike
11-18-2003, 10:43 PM
I love the way you say "only" :D

I couldn't go for 240 miles in any direction here (in UK currently) without hitting the coast (except maybe straight up but then I would be in Scotland...) :D

nicad
11-18-2003, 10:58 PM
man.. now THAT blows my mind.
I mean.. crap. interstate I-10 runs ~900 miles across TX alone. :)

yeah Simon the drive from dallas to houston is not a too bad of one. 3 hrs or so.

you know you want to man.. heheheh.

cabldawg
11-18-2003, 11:11 PM
It might be best to go to [URL=http://www.mxsportz.com] and post there about needing a ride.

vf-xx
11-18-2003, 11:14 PM
It's about a 6 hour drive.

headcase
11-18-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by manike
I love the way you say "only" :D

I couldn't go for 240 miles in any direction here (in UK currently) without hitting the coast (except maybe straight up but then I would be in Scotland...) :D

Yeah, that is why I said it. I can't remember the numbers exactly, but I think the UK would fit inside Texas five times over.

nicad
11-18-2003, 11:24 PM
http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?ed=xTowJeV.wimQQVd6MsEKU7USFw--&csz=dallas%2C+tx&country=us&tcsz=Houston%2C+TX+77027&tcountry=us

244 miles (from middle of dallas to where I live.. which the field is much closer, but simon is on the other side of dallas i believe) going 70MPH is 3.5hrs... and c'mon.. who drives 70?? :)

**edit- more accurate from his house to the field is 228 miles. goin 70mph (heheh..) is 3hr:15min.

vf-xx
11-18-2003, 11:29 PM
yes, but they fail to mention that ALL of I45 is under construction!!!!!

Trust me, I used to live in south Meyerland and I'd go home to Fort Worth fairly often. Avoiding the cops I'd use 290 to 6 to 35. Worked great. I suppose the total time from Northwest Fort worth to South houston is 6 hours. So I'd believe that central Fort Worth to the feild could be 5 hours, but 3.5? i'd like to see someone drive that leagally.

nicad
11-18-2003, 11:41 PM
ooor- 1hour 8minutes nonstop flight dallas to houston.
round trip: $118.
:D

vf-xx
11-18-2003, 11:49 PM
Well yeah, but that doesn't help ME! I'm poor.

Besides, if that's Southwest, it's most likely into Hobby, which is at lest an hour away from the feild if not more :p

Virem
11-19-2003, 12:36 AM
Ill be there, flying from CT to play with the other Texas Rangers, gonna be great.

Albinonewt
12-01-2003, 07:14 AM
This is Friday folks. I'll see you all there. You can call that number listed for the hotel I listed on the first page and ask for my Room (my real name is Matt Jordan, shhhh don't tell anyone) if you want to let us know when your in town.

wyn1370
12-01-2003, 08:28 AM
ok what day is everybody getting in. I'm gonna be there on thurs, hopefully somebody else will too, or I'm gonna be really bored(well bored and in need of a ride or rental car).

BradAGD
12-01-2003, 12:57 PM
I'll be there on saturday running a booth for Maxx and probably just hanging out on sunday, maybe even, dare I say it...playing! :D

I know Tom is supposed to come by the shop on Friday afternoon. Everyone is invited. Just let me know and I'll pass out directions. Nicad can guide folks here too. I have to leave somewhat early on friday, about 5pm. The wife's office Christmas party is that night. Blah.

See everyone soon.

Muzikman
12-01-2003, 01:02 PM
Wyn,
I know Newt and dayspring said they are getting in Thursday. Like i said, I'll be landing about noon on Friday, getting the car, finding the hotel and seeing if I can check in and then heading to the field (Maybe even to Maxx, dunno yet).

wyn1370
12-01-2003, 01:06 PM
cool I'll bug newt then.

Dayspring
12-01-2003, 01:30 PM
Brad- that might be a nice idea. Send me directions. I'll see what we can do about it.

And yes. I am going to this. :D

Originally posted by BradAGD
I'll be there on saturday running a booth for Maxx and probably just hanging out on sunday, maybe even, dare I say it...playing! :D

I know Tom is supposed to come by the shop on Friday afternoon. Everyone is invited. Just let me know and I'll pass out directions. Nicad can guide folks here too. I have to leave somewhat early on friday, about 5pm. The wife's office Christmas party is that night. Blah.

See everyone soon.

BradAGD
12-01-2003, 01:42 PM
Here's a basic map to the shop. If you are flying into IAH, you will be just to the right of the top road's (Sam Houston Parkway) ending. You'll see an exit to get to Beltway 8 (same as the parkway). You can follow it from there. You have to exit West Road, follow the service road to 290 where it deadends. Make a right and go to the first light which is Senate and take a left. That will be the service road for Beltway 8 again. Go about a mile, passing West Little York and you'll see us on the right. We are about 150 yards pass the toll road plaza.

http://www.paintballmaxx.com/images/map.gif

If you come in on 290, you can follow the map just fine.

this work?

GT
12-01-2003, 01:48 PM
Guys,
I am down for whatever on Thur or Fri. I wont be at the throwdown but I will be playing at a different feild on sunday.

PM me and I will send you my cell.

jb

Moon Shadow
12-03-2003, 10:51 AM
Well since me and Kaiser Bob moved to Houston I guess we could attend. Well we live there now so we'll be around anyday of the week. Can't wait to see everyone this weekend.

wyn1370
12-03-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Moon Shadow
Well since me and Kaiser Bob moved to Houston I guess we could attend. Well we live there now so we'll be around anyday of the week. Can't wait to see everyone this weekend.
When the hell did this all happen?
Guess I'll see you guys this weekend.
You're bringing bunker right?

Albinonewt
12-03-2003, 10:30 PM
Ok, Dayspring and I are off in just a few hours. I look forward to seeing everyone there. Anyone that's coming remember to give a hollar to our hotel to leave a message with us and a number we can get back to you at so we can find you in the city. It looks like there's enough of us to organize something for thursday night and friday night.

Clare
12-03-2003, 10:40 PM
Havoc and I will be getting into Houston on Thursday by about 1:30 pm. We need to be there early to pick up Albinonewt, Dayspring, and Wyn from the airport! :)

nicad
12-03-2003, 10:46 PM
erm.. me thinks you mean Houston, not Dallas. :-p

BAM!

SkyBoySurfer
12-03-2003, 10:48 PM
ill be there.

BradAGD
12-04-2003, 09:54 AM
Just heard from Tom and he's hitting Maxx tonight, not on friday. Anyone else coming by this weekend?

see you all laters

Muzikman
12-04-2003, 11:05 AM
I might not be making it:( Work threw one at me again, and since I am fighting for my job I dunno if I should chance telling them I can not work this weekend (even though they had 3 months notice. So in short...I may or may not be there:(

BradAGD
12-04-2003, 12:39 PM
We under stand Muzik...someone will have a Guinness for you, just won't be me. Bletch...

Muzikman
12-04-2003, 12:42 PM
Anyone want a plane ticket from PIT to IAH for a tomorrow departure at 9:15am? US Air is giving poop about canceling or changing the date/location. Looks like I am out $280:(

Muzikman
12-04-2003, 02:14 PM
Well, it's official I will not be there:(. US Air finally decided to let me exchange my ticket, so I now have a ticket to TexBall... Hope everyone has a good time and please, drink a car bomb for my slave labor arse.

rikkter
12-04-2003, 02:55 PM
sorry to hear you wont be there!