PDA

View Full Version : Holsters

spazzed
11-04-2003, 08:11 PM
I'm applying for my Concealed Carry permit soon and I've run into a bit of a dilema so far as a holster is concerned. I'll be carrying a Sig P229 (not a small pistol by any means, but not overly large either). The problem is that being the college student that I am, I never wear belts, or most clothing the majority of holsters are designed for. I'm wondering if any of you know of any that are beltless and more..ehh..suitable to my needs & tastes. I've been to the local place & they didn't really have what I'm looking for (pipe dream, eh? hehe)

Hope this isn't too confusing..lol, Thanks in advance folks :)

shartley
11-04-2003, 08:36 PM
Well, there are clip holsters that you can slip onto your pants, boots, etc. There are also holsters that use suspender type setups.

But if you are a college student, I would bet that wearing a concealed weapon is against campus policy anyways, even if just visiting campus for class and not being a resident. And just having a permit does not allow you to go against campus rules. So I would check into that if you were planning on “carrying” while on campus.

And as for every place else… just keep your permit handy and let any officer know you are carrying if ever in a situation other than a casual passing.

spazzed
11-04-2003, 09:39 PM
Suspender setup is a possibility, but what I'm leaning towards (unless I find something else that I don't know about, which is the purpose of this post) is the clip setup.

lol, I knew I forgot to say something.. I know better than to carry on campus..hehe..derr... Been raised around weapons/firearms all my life, I know the do's & don'ts almost as I know my way to the football games :D

As always, your help is appreciated Sam :)

shartley
11-05-2003, 07:12 AM
No problem.... I hope you find the right rig for your needs.

spazzed
11-05-2003, 11:29 AM
You & I both..hehe :)