PDA

View Full Version : I'm new and have some questions.

Backyard Bandit
11-04-2003, 09:58 PM
I'm a fairly experienced player and was thinking of getting an eclipse automag RT. can anyone tell me about it. Also, will I be able to use co2 on it if i use an anti-syphon? also, can i swich regs under the fore grip?

p8ntball1016
11-04-2003, 09:59 PM
you need hpa for an rt mag.

space_weazel_45
11-04-2003, 11:12 PM
FYI there is no reg under the fore grip its just a grip, you dont really want a regulator on a mag its got one built into the back half of the valve just feed it above 800-850 psi and below 3000psi if you give it to little gass it will starve and shoot down the only reason for having a reg on a mag is when its run on co2 and its there to act mostly as an expantion chamber.

good luck
jon

Big_Chops
11-05-2003, 01:36 AM
thought i would be the first Welcome to AO

cphilip
11-05-2003, 09:44 AM
Welcome to AO

Seems like the guys covered it so let me summarize...

Eclipse is and English Company that made some nice rails and trim stuff for mags. Some kits had a lot of stuff...some didn't.

I once had the Deluxe kit and a completely done by Eclipse. It had a color matched Benchmark double trigger grip frame, rail and site rail, 12" AA barrel and a Gas trough Vert adapter AND a four chamber Expansion chamber. All of these items were Green/Black/Silver splashed to match! Nice marker. Most complete example of a Eclipse mag I ever saw. It came with a classic valve in it.

But an RT vavle must have High Pressure Air/ Nitrogen. You cannot run it off of CO2

and yes the Mags design has its own reg built into the valve. So you do not need to regulate it any other way. Input the tank pressure and adjust the back of the Valve to regulate it down to operation pressure. Its simple and effective.

Backyard Bandit
11-05-2003, 10:35 AM
so I won't be able to use co2 even if i get an anti-syphon and an expansion chamber? is there anything I could do to make it work? please, i'm an almost broke 14 yearold who's desperate for the firepower of the an RT mag (I found it used for $450)

Dayspring
11-05-2003, 10:40 AM
Nope.

The valve recharges so quickly, you'll suck liquid CO2 into the valve.

The orings aren't designed to hold CO2, so you'd piss liquid CO2 out of every orifice on the gun.

RT= HPA

No ifs, ands or buts.

cphilip
11-05-2003, 10:43 AM
You can use it for about a minute!

:D

Dayspring
11-05-2003, 10:48 AM
Read our lips...

NO CO2 on a RT-valve equipped gun.

There isn't a damned thing you can do about it. The same kind of firepower you want is what makes CO2 a no-no.

cphilip
11-05-2003, 10:50 AM
Well.... in all fairness...he COULD swap out an old Classic Automag valve and set it up for CO2 if this was really something he HAD to have it use.

Dayspring
11-05-2003, 11:01 AM
You're missing the point though. He wants the RT but only wants to run CO2.

cphilip
11-05-2003, 11:02 AM
Oh no.... I got that. I just was pointing out his only option is all. Not that I would want to or he would. Just is the only choice he realy could have if he insists on CO2 was supposed to be my point.

And its not clear to me yet if this is an Eclipse with an Retro or a Old style RT or whatever. That he doesn't say. A lot of people call things RT when they really are upgraded mags. My Eclipse was indeed just that. A Retro Mag with Eclipse stuff all over it. Eventually that is...

If it WAS and old style RT then no he doesn't even have THAT CHOICE..

So well... I dunno what he has or is thinking about having....really.

PyRo
11-05-2003, 12:48 PM
For $450 I think you could pick up an RT pro with a half decent setup and a preset air tank. And no an RT valve will never work properly on Co2. Although maybie if you got something like a 15ft remote, ran 3 or 4 x-chambers and a palmer stabalizer. Although it still might freeze the valve and after all that you could have bought a paintball tank, and a scuba to fill off of.

Skoad
11-05-2003, 01:26 PM
buy a 60 dollar pe hpa tank

Backyard Bandit
11-05-2003, 04:23 PM
I don't have anywhere to get nitro filled, or else i'd get it. I might be able to get nitro, but i'd have to go a long way to get it. I think it would be worth it just for this eclipse RT tho... besides, then i could just swich to my tippmann (heavily upgraded)on Co2 if I run out of compressed air. I think I'll do that.