PDA

View Full Version : barrel thread

landrovernut
11-05-2003, 02:26 PM
ok, I hate to be the new dumb guy around here, but bear with me. I'm considering putting my reliable little Tippy98 on the backburner and upgrading to a RT pro. However first I want a freak kit, and to save on shipping I want to buy a back for my tippy and one for hte automag. What barrel threading does the RT pro have? Usually I would just say automag, but I heard the E-mag has autococker threading, so I wasnt sure. Thanks for your help

Dayspring
11-05-2003, 02:41 PM
If the RT Pro has the ULE body, it has cocker threading.

If it's a stock RT Pro, it has the Automag Twist Lock "threading."

xen_100
11-05-2003, 05:14 PM
if it is the twistlock "threads" DO NOT get a freak. very bod idea. more people than I can count have had nothing but problems with twistlock freaks. they have a design issue. ( as with most things SP)

ChucktheMAGician
11-06-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by xen_100
DO NOT get a freak. very bod idea. more people than I can count have had nothing but problems with twistlock freaks.
He's not counting me. I use Mag freak back and love them.:)

athomas
11-07-2003, 12:22 PM
If you are getting a new RT Pro, get it with the new ULE body. That way it is lighter and can use the most readily available cocker barrels on the market. Before you go out and buy a freak, investigate all the other barrel systems on the market as well. There are many very good systems out there right now. Make sure you get one with stainless steel inserts rather than aluminum. They are more durable.