PDA

View Full Version : Viking or Excalibur

Lohman446
11-05-2003, 07:16 PM
Ok, all I hear is good about the Viking, but it appears the Excalibur may be better - is it?

Just a question as I am thinking one of these this winter and a pump.

Miltonyz
11-05-2003, 07:21 PM
he excalibur is the closed bolt brother of the viking. It costs a lot more and I can't see the point of paying more for it. It's supossed to cycle a little smoother, and people say you can run a lower pressure then the viking, to increase the chance of pinching. Eyes are cheap though. 20 for the eyes themselves, and 40 for the covers. I know you are from West Michigan so if you want to come out to Woodland on a Sunday I'll let you play some games with mine. If not find Ram-Rod at the next tournament and you can shoot some over the chrono.

Digits
11-05-2003, 07:22 PM
I guess you posted first :P

Lohman446
11-05-2003, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the offer.. I may wander down to the December indoor just for that purpose :). See if my team wants to play otherwise Im going to have to throw one together.

Ov3rmind
11-05-2003, 07:26 PM
They'll both perform the same. The Viking is theoretically faster, but you'll be able to fire both at the same speed. The Excal also cycles a little smoother, and with slightly less kick, but most people don't consider that worth the extra money.

Either one rocks, but IMO the Excalibur is horribly over priced. If it was around $950 I might've considered one over a Viking.

Steelrat
11-05-2003, 07:51 PM
Its hard to justify the Excal's $500+ premium over the Viking. The Excal shoots just a bit smoother (though the Viking is pretty darn smooth), and you can run the excal at a lower pressure, but the differences really arent that great. If you buy the "closed bolt is more accurate" idea, then the Excal also has that over the Viking.

I'd just get a featherweight Viking and save some money.

GT
11-05-2003, 07:55 PM
I have a viking, just got it, and want an excal.

For the price get a vik and if you really like it spend the cash ona aexcal. ITs cool since they are kinda rare