PDA

View Full Version : How do you practice snap shooting?

Matt1427
11-05-2003, 07:40 PM
what exactly is snap shooting stupid question but i dont really know? and how do you practice it?

tony3
11-05-2003, 07:44 PM
Snap shooting is like if you are in a bunker and you know someone is posting on you, you need to come out fast pop off a few shots and get the hell back in, and its not always when people are posting on you

To practice, go to a field and play:p

Just get someone and set up 2 bunkers and have him post on you and you come out and try to shoot him out before he shoots you, or just set up a few cans and a bunker and pop out and try to hit the cans as fast as possible. Don't sit there trying it hit the cans, take a few shots and get in, if you miss try again, also try from different sides of the bunker

Load SM5
11-05-2003, 07:59 PM
I have a grill and a playground ball. I fling the ball into the yard and duck behind my grill so i don't see exactly where it stops. The I pop out, try and spot the ball and shoot it twice as fast as possible. Sounds a bit goofy but it really helps out the snap shooting and reflexes. And it makes my grill usefull again.;) :D

Creative Mayhem
11-05-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
And it makes my grill usefull again.;) :D

What's this? No possum and squirrel on there? For shame.. and you have the audacity to call yourself a southerner... :D

As for snap shooting, anything that you can shoot qickly from behind a position will help the eye train and hone the player/gun mojo.;) I also like to have someone watch my profile while i snapshoot, you never know just how much you stick out till someone tells you, or even better shoots back at you. Hope it helps

tony3
11-05-2003, 08:30 PM
Oh yeah, I remember another thing I heard. Get a long stick(broomstick), and pick somewhere were you can see lots of things from a decent distance away and pick one(tree or something), then look down, and try to point the broomstick at it as fast as possible, this is just alittle one to do when you are bored.

Load SM5
11-05-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Creative Mayhem

I also like to have someone watch my profile while i snapshoot,

"Is the way I'm crouching make my butt look fat?":D

Carbon
11-05-2003, 09:26 PM
what exactly is snap shooting stupid question but i dont really know? and how do you practice it?

snap shooting is when ya pop out cover, fire at your opponent and pop back in, very quicklly. Snapshooting is a crucial skill, especially in speed ball type arenas.

I find the best way to paractice snapping is to actually do it. Cause not only are you working on yer shooting skill, but also your timing. The added pressure of being hit i also a bonus. Another plus is, that your target is not static. Try to pre-aim before you expose yourself and somtimes pre-shoot.

Drills are pretty good to, you can practice in front of a mirror dry firing. Make sure you have your goggles on too, so that way your can see your complete, exposed profile and evaluate what need to be worked on, as far as tucking in.

Try to develop a "comfortable" posture when ya snapshoot. Although most of the times, to get the smallest profile you will have to get uncomfortable.

Make a bunker and tack up a goggle sized or hopper sized target and snap away.

Hope this helps goodluck

elpimpo
11-05-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
I have a frisbee .;) :D

i have a frisbee too.

Load SM5
11-05-2003, 09:45 PM
Ah bite me.

Mag Master 04
11-05-2003, 09:55 PM
i take sumthing small like an old hopper or crappy sumthing and i pop and usually shoot 2 or 3 shots at the small item i set up for a target, i do it from all the bunkers on my field, each one is different so i get alot of different angles and it dose help when someone is firing back or watching your form...i also use this method while shooting on the run or sliding into a bunker in panic situations

bleachit
11-05-2003, 10:03 PM
I get behind a tree, and target a tree a ways away. I try to always shoot to just left of the tree. I realized that not too many people hide in front of trees, but they have a tendency to pop out on my left side. It help out my accuracy a lot.

dinger
11-05-2003, 11:14 PM
here's a snapshooting tip that i discovered... hopefully noone i play against will see this :p

when i poke out the side and see someone posting on me, i poke out of my bunker on the side, and come back in. i then go back out the side, but my head is lower.

after that i then figure out in my head where the person was, and i pop out the top shooting balls.

it surprises the poop out of people because who the hell is expecting me to pop out the top?! :D

sneakyhacker420
11-05-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by dinger
here's a snapshooting tip that i discovered... hopefully noone i play against will see this :p

when i poke out the side and see someone posting on me, i poke out of my bunker on the side, and come back in. i then go back out the side, but my head is lower.

after that i then figure out in my head where the person was, and i pop out the top shooting balls.

it surprises the poop out of people because who the hell is expecting me to pop out the top?! :D

guy at my field told me that technique... works pretty good :p

ya shoulda seen the day i did that at my field for probably the 50th time or something, but i sighted him on the side, took some shots, he ducked behind the bunker, and unknown to him, i came over the top and posted on the better exposed portion of his lower posterior :eek: w00t!!

i probably unloaded atleast 60 balls on him, 15 or more of which nailed him in the bootay! :p

dinger
11-05-2003, 11:25 PM
great minds think alike :cool:

but i found it out myself so go me

only problem being... i have yet to prove how great of a technique it is!! LOL

MrWallen
11-05-2003, 11:31 PM
Yeah, a the mirror technique works pretty good, allows you too see exactly how much of yourself you're exposing, also really good if you don't have air or paint.

Blazingace
11-06-2003, 01:07 AM
A way that I like to work on my snapshooting skils and also check my profile is to work infront of a mirror. Use the side of the mirror as if it was a bunker. I try to come out with the gun level so that the balls go the same place every time I shoot. I lean out instead of roll the gun. This is good because you can see yourself come out and make sure you are coming out fast and even. You also use no paint or air so you can do it all the time.

spyxtra
11-06-2003, 03:57 PM
for practice sitting behind a peice of ply wood and popping out realy fast and trying to shoot a can or a small peice of wood seems to realy help with aim. u probably wont hit the person every time but if u get good enough at it and ur balls dont curve (which could also be a good thing if ur bad at aiming :D) u should have sum success wiht this