PDA

View Full Version : shot buffering

rehme
11-05-2003, 07:41 PM
ok i got my emag back from AGD with 3.2 and i am wondering which one makes the gun bounce and not bounce. the lower the shotbuffering less likly to bounce or is it the other way around?

FragTek
11-05-2003, 08:19 PM
Yes, I would like to know the answer to the as well.

My mag should be back within a week with the 3.2 on it.

Miscue
11-06-2003, 04:19 PM
Personally, I think it makes no difference what SHBF you are using... with a HES rather than a microswitch. I need to do more research on this though on different guns before I can be more confident in that opinion.

I've been playing with my stuff at 1ms dwell and it seems to make no difference between 1ms and 20... I have tried very hard but have yet to get it to bounce. However, this is only on my gun... I dunno if others have issues that mine does not.

Everyone I've talked to so far that has had bounce issue... after they looked at it closely realized it was mechanical bounce or defective HES and had nothing to do with the board. BlackVCG has told me about FA issue with position of trigger on the edge of hysterisis, but I have been unable to duplicate this on my gun.

The idea behind an adjustable dwell setting (which I think should not be adjustable) is that you can tune it to the edge in which it will not bounce and "maximize performance."

Here's my take on it though. You can set it very conservative such that it is not by the edge and bounce cannot happen... and you still will never drop a shot. In my opinion, adjustable dwell has one purpose when a gun has a microswitch: Cheating. Debounce should be conservatively hard set.

The avoidance of "missed shots" is supposedly the purpose behind an adjustable debounce... but I think is a bunch of crap. 20ms or so will catch all legitimate switch presses and won't pick up bounce.

rehme
11-06-2003, 04:29 PM
so lower shot buffering means it will more likly to bounce then?

i am confused :confused:

Miscue
11-06-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by rehme
so lower shot buffering means it will more likly to bounce then?

i am confused :confused:

Yeah. Basically it's a delay to ignore the trigger for X milliseconds. The idea is to mask out switch noise, a lower delay is more likely to pick up that initial noise. I don't know for sure if the HES even has noise like the contact bounce from a microswitch... I don't know enough about it. But from observation I am not seeing it. I'll try out a 0ms debounce later to test it further.

Well... on my software the debounce setting delays looking for a trigger release. A trigger release is required for next shot to be possible. I don't know how 3.0/2 does it.

VR4SL
11-06-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Miscue
BlackVCG has told me about FA issue with position of trigger on the edge of hysterisis, but I have been unable to duplicate this on my gun.

Hehe... I have my gun set up so it bounces in Hybrid-(ovbiously), Wont bounce in E, and goes F/A in the "Back" position. You can set it up so you SQUEEZE the trigger HARD, and the flex of the metal in the trigger itself is JUST close enough to be on the edge... once it gets going, it keeps going until you let off. The movement of the metal in the gun it enough to change the magnetic field JUST enough to fire when that close to the edge.

emsemt911
11-07-2003, 05:36 AM
Bassically:
the lower the number=easier to bounce
The highter the number=controls trigger bounce

When I first had mine flashed to 3.0, it was at lowest setting and gun shot like a full auto gun. I put the setting to 58, I can not make my gun bounce. Problem solved.

Worth the upgrade.