PDA

View Full Version : lets get rid of the valve.....Single regg'n a mag?

GT
11-05-2003, 08:44 PM
Sooooooo,

I really like the classic valve, call me crazy but I dont think I can break 10-12bps on a mech trigger, without insane bounce, so I thought playing with a classic would be great.

In anycase an idea that ran through my little brain was to drop the reg off the back of a mag and have an adapter made to seal the reportion of the mag and running a lp tank directly to the mag. Then chopping off the remaining body rail.

What do you guys think? what kind of input pressure would I need?

jb

GT
11-05-2003, 08:45 PM
who could build an adapter or would be willing to?

-=Squid=-
11-05-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi
who could build an adapter or would be willing to? www.docsmachine.com would.

This has been done before, and it worked fine. There are some pics floating around on AO I believe...

hardr0ck68
11-05-2003, 08:56 PM
you would need an adjustable tank running about 400PSI, the velocity is adjusted by input pressure so yeah, your gonna need an adjustable reg somewhere...
espacally if you wanna run LX, cause it required so much veloviety adjustment

GT
11-05-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by hardr0ck68
you would need an adjustable tank running about 400PSI, the velocity is adjusted by input pressure so yeah, your gonna need an adjustable reg somewhere...
espacally if you wanna run LX, cause it required so much veloviety adjustment

that was the plan, thinking conquest or max flow

GT
11-05-2003, 09:20 PM
starting to find the answer

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106185

PyRo
11-06-2003, 08:34 AM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59051&highlight=micromag+and+made+and+for+and+aluminum

Thats pretty damn cool, although he probably cannot sell them for patent reasons.
I remember wanting to do this a while ago and someone on here was going to sell me a cap they had had made for it at some point, I don't remember what happend to that though. You need to find a way to keep the cap from unscrewing on you too (loctite?).

GT
11-06-2003, 09:32 AM
to be perfectly honest I am not sure why tom continues to include the valve on the rear of the X considering that you need an adjustable tank to run the gun. Maybe I should pm Nicad.

jb

Hexis
11-06-2003, 09:43 AM
You don't need an adjustable tank to run an X-Valve, it's just nice. Double regulating also provides a more consistant final output. That's consistancy, a big factor when it comes to that all important "accuracy".

paintballbeaver
11-06-2003, 10:15 AM
check out your local hardware store there should be some pipe plugs that size that you can use in the back of the valve.

and you would only be "single regging it" if you used a reg and a preset or adjustible tank

though a adjustible tank will provide better consitency

i would go w/ an armegeddon or apocolypse tank way bettter consitecy than the max-flow but the conquest it a really good lp system i havent heard to much on the hp end

PyRo
11-06-2003, 11:40 AM
If they didn't include a reg you might save $20 or so, don't ask for both because then both of them would just get more expensive. Most people would just stick an aftermarket reg on there if it didn't have one already. And you would be required to buy an ajustable tank making them that much more unaffordable.

GT
11-06-2003, 12:44 PM
re read my post,
you dam near need an adjustible tank to get the pressure just right for any mech rt. So why not drop the valve save a few bucks and a little weight/

Hexis
11-06-2003, 12:52 PM
The only valve type this will work for is Classics. The RT based valves need intergrated regulator to work correctly. They fill the dump chamber with unregulated air, and use the regulator to cut of the flow. This is what gives them the insane recharge rate and RT effect. If you are willing to give up those, you really just have a classic valve. The Classics can have the Regulator removed. However, the classics do no require anything other than a fixed output tank, so there goes that logic.

Removing the "valve" would leave nothing. I'm not sure why you keep saying that.

GT
11-06-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Hexis
Removing the "valve" would leave nothing. I'm not sure why you keep saying that.

Relaxe,
as typical with popular paintball culture I have found that most folks dont call the rear portion of the mag the reg rather the "valve" and in order to make this thread applicable to everyone i thought calling the valve no matter how incorrect would get my point accross.....

I was looking over the diagrams of the rt and classic and what you stated makes sense considering that the reg is what makes the BIG difference on the rt, as well as the on/off assembly?

jb

Hexis
11-06-2003, 01:14 PM
I'm relaxed, what gives you an impression otherwise? Does thinking I’m worked up somehow allow you to discount what I am saying?

Since you are talking about a specific part of the Valve assembly, why not be specific?

The RT's regulator is very integrated into the Valve design. Since it uses both the high pressure and regulated pressure you can't easily remove it. This is why an adjustable tank allows you to adjust the valve function. More input pressure changes the way the entire valve assembly functions.

On a classic valve, the integrated regulator is less important. It simply regulates the pressure similar to a 3rd party regulator. So it is removable. However since a classic valve in no way requires an adjustable output HPA tank, removing the regulator makes very little sense for the majority of people buying classic valves.

I’m just pointing out that there is no reason for AGD to remove the integrated regulator from their valves.

I find it a very interesting workshop type project.

xen_100
11-06-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by paintballbeaver
check out your local hardware store there should be some pipe plugs that size that you can use in the back of the valve.

and you would only be "single regging it" if you used a reg and a preset or adjustible tank

though a adjustible tank will provide better consitency

i would go w/ an armegeddon or apocolypse tank way bettter consitecy than the max-flow but the conquest it a really good lp system i havent heard to much on the hp end

if you used a reg and a preset tank, you would still be double regging it. (one on the tank, and your velocity adjusting reg) the only way to truely single reg it would be to use a conquest, maxflo, flatline, etc as the velocity adjuster. (remeber a geddon is a double reg'd tank, so technically that would be double regged too :) )

Hephaestus
11-06-2003, 01:36 PM
gtrsi,

Thanks for digging up these old posts. I would have missed reading up on nicads great work.

gtrsi - What kind of material do you want your cap made off? I wouldn't mind making one or 2 right now:) out of steel. Just got to get some info from nicad if possible.

hephaestus

PS - I noticed that most producable ideas float in the paintball talk forums. Why not post it in the workshop if you want something made? Saves a lot of digging for me.