PDA

View Full Version : Viking/Excal Vs. Nexus 'Cocker

B-Lazy
11-05-2003, 09:57 PM
Ok guys, here's the deal: My bro is inheriting a bunch of money from some aunt he has never met and he told me he would get me a new marker regardless of price. I've pretty much narrowed it down to a JMJ Featherlite Viking or Excal or a Planet Eclipse Nexus Cocker. I want to know what you guys think of each. These are the criteria for the guns that I'm considering:

Weight
Speed
Consistency
Effecency
Chopping
Stability
Wait Time (not willing to wait 6-12 months for X-Mag)
and anything else you guys can think of (remember price is not an issue)

speeddemon
11-06-2003, 12:56 AM
Well you're going to have to wait a month or 2 for the featherlites, but that would be my choice (featherlite viking). As far as the rest of your criteria, its pretty light (although not the lightest gun), its just as fast as any gun out there, its one of the most efficient guns made, I'm pretty sure they are soft on paint but with eyes it won't chop. Basically to me its the best gun made right now, and its pretty much maintainence free, just put some oil in and its fine.

No sKiLLz
11-06-2003, 12:10 PM
If price is no object why aren't you looking at the Cobra Mamba?

Cliffio
11-06-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by No sKiLLz
If price is no object why aren't you looking at the Cobra Mamba?

cobra does not currently make a gun

GT
11-06-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by B-Lazy
Ok guys, here's the deal: My bro is inheriting a bunch of money

college!

B-Lazy
11-06-2003, 03:02 PM
college!

he is out of college and he plans to save the majority of but he said he would hook me up with ANY gun I wanted. Right now I'm leaning towards the featherlite excal but that nexus is just too sweet(i'm just worried about the maintenance[sp] of a cocker). Also i don't really like angels or impules or matricies.

OfficerGoat
11-06-2003, 03:16 PM
I'd take the Nexus... or hell even just an eclipse. They are sweet guns. So far as maintnence.... Learn how to use a cocker.. and dont fool with it unless you absolutly need to. The hardest cocker maintnence is taken out of the picture when you put an eblade on it. All you have to do is make sure the cocking rod stays the right length, the grip handles the rest of the timing.

lew
11-06-2003, 07:01 PM
Those three guns are fairly equal. They all get excellent efficiency and shoot really fast. I would get the Nexus just because I love Cockers. I think Vikings and Excaliburs are rather plain, though I wouldn't mind having one.

GT
11-06-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by B-Lazy
he is out of college and he plans to save the majority of but he said he would hook me up with ANY gun I wanted. Right now I'm leaning towards the featherlite excal but that nexus is just too sweet(i'm just worried about the maintenance[sp] of a cocker). Also i don't really like angels or impules or matricies.

in that case,
I would suggest a used viking. if you like it buy a nice excal. As for cockers buy a used one with an eblade if you like it buy a new one. its hard to recover the funds on either if you dont like them. Both maybe in big demand right now, however getting 1500+ cash out of some of these kids can be next to impossible.

besides its nice to have a sweet gun while your really nice gun is being built.

jb