PDA

View Full Version : Different hoppers question

GA Devil
11-06-2003, 08:15 AM
Ok I left paintball back in about 2000 when the egg was just coming out good. Since I came back to the sport this year there has been alot of changing in hoppers like the x board in the 12 volt the z board in the evo 2 and all the different halo's like the tse the a the b and whatever else Ive missed. Can someone fill me in on these. Right now I have a 12 volt with x board. But need to move up my feed rate and need to know what to go with. What are the diferences in the halo's? Which would honestly be better 1 of the halo's or the evo 2 and is the z board needed? Any help would be appreciated.

bryceeden
11-06-2003, 08:26 AM
I would say go with the Halo B or the Evo II with Z board. Both will feed well beond 20 BPS. They feed with in 1bps of each other, so it comes down to personal preferance.

cgrieves
11-06-2003, 10:37 AM
There are other things to consider than feed rate- profile, the location of the feed tube, shell material etc etc.

I find with a warp setup on an X-Mag the Egg2 is the best for keeping the warp and hopper tight into the marker. The feed tube is towards the front of the hopper which means the shell doesn't foul the warp tube. I have also found the clear shells are extremely brittle while the black shells aren't so bad (but still pretty brittle). Clear Xboard revvys are so brittle you can crack them removing the packaging!

cphilip
11-06-2003, 10:48 AM
I let you try a Halo TE when your up here GA. Best thing to do is borrow one and find out. Cheaper that way! ;)

GA Devil
11-06-2003, 12:27 PM
cool thanks cphil. I cant wait to get there.

spyxtra
11-06-2003, 03:47 PM
like bryceeden said its mostly personal preferance just make sure u get a chance to use the loader first so u dont end up with a loader yuo dont want altho u cant go wrong with a HALO B or an egg