PDA

View Full Version : warpig

TomFoolery
11-06-2003, 01:14 PM
what is up with PigTV? the site has been down for a long time, and all i want to do is watch some paintball, and see some poor fool get bunker'd and lit up like a crackhead on welfare day. WTF...

LaW
11-06-2003, 01:48 PM
A search should have came up with an answer to that but if you want to know, it was costing too much to keep pigtv running since they didnt' have enough money coming from advertising etc and the bandwith was just too much. The plan is to eventually put it back up but for now they are putting pigtv on dvd/vhs now I believe.

Bill Mills had to pay about half of the costs last year and it gets really expensive. It cost almost 1000/month just to keep pigtv up and running.

billmi
11-06-2003, 01:51 PM
What's up with PigTV, is $1,000 a month for bandwidth for the 1,000+ people a day that watched it - and the fact that it was full half hour shows, not short video clips (means more bandwidth consumed.) Over the last 2 years, I spend over $8,000 out of pocket to cover that bill in the months when I didn't have a sponsor for it. Right now it doesn't have a sponsor, and I don't have the money to spare to keep dumping into it.

I'm looking into a few solutions that will not only take care of the hosting issue, but also allow me to deliver even higher bandwidth versions of the shows as well, but don't know how soon any of it will pan out.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

nippinout
11-06-2003, 01:54 PM
Good luck Bill!

TomFoolery
11-07-2003, 08:25 AM
thanks a lot for the explanation. PigTV was the hotness and i look forward to seeing it again sometime.