PDA

View Full Version : Viking questions

Derman2k
11-06-2003, 06:00 PM
My friend had a viking and I shot it a lot, but I didn't like his trigger, it was really short but really really heavy...unwalkable heavy. I was wondering if you can make it really light like an eblade or something like that? Also, can you do that with timmys?

Ryknow
11-06-2003, 06:06 PM
before you are crucified by all of AO, I will tell you to search. I have posted this several times before.. but I'll do it once more

My excalibur trigger is a 25 grams. You do the math.. 25 grams is light.. right? not to mention it makes WAS timmys look slow...

Derman2k
11-06-2003, 06:11 PM
Oh...sorry I didn't think Vikings were all that big of a topic so I didn't bother. how did you get it so light though?

Ov3rmind
11-06-2003, 06:21 PM
Stock, my Viking's trigger was nearly impossible to walk as well. Just cut down the trigger return spring (mine is about 1/2 as long as it is stock) to lighten it up and it'll be very easy to walk. I'm considering a Razor Blade trigger as well, seeing as how it allows you to lighten the trigger even more without sacrificing a fast return.

Ryknow, how in the world are you doing that? The only way I could see that is a WAS switch with no spring, and that would have barely enough force to return the trigger (I've heard that people who tried that also got a ton of bounce).

Ryknow
11-06-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind
Ryknow, how in the world are you doing that? The only way I could see that is a WAS switch with no spring, and that would have barely enough force to return the trigger (I've heard that people who tried that also got a ton of bounce).

Exactly.. WAS switch and no spring.. plenty of return with a froth-blade.. and the the switch isnt hit in the pull (it s along pull but easy to do) until late. The trigger being so lite actually makes ALL matrices.. and timmys.. and timmys in simulate mode, seem slow. Its crazy. Outshooting an egg is easy mwahahahahaha. I might put the spring back in it to make it somewhat slower.

GT
11-06-2003, 06:53 PM
I have got a razor on an otherwise stock trigger setup. with the front and rear stops set all the way out i could still walk that bish like the dirty she is!

This is the easiest gun to walk on the planet!

pbguy888
11-06-2003, 07:12 PM
I literaly just cut the spring on my viking(like 5 min ago) And the trigger is super light now. And this is with a stock blade.

Ryknow
11-06-2003, 07:15 PM
true dat

Ov3rmind
11-06-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Ryknow

Exactly.. WAS switch and no spring.. plenty of return with a froth-blade.. and the the switch isnt hit in the pull (it s along pull but easy to do) until late. The trigger being so lite actually makes ALL matrices.. and timmys.. and timmys in simulate mode, seem slow. Its crazy. Outshooting an egg is easy mwahahahahaha. I might put the spring back in it to make it somewhat slower.
That sounds insane. Is the Froth Blade lighter than a Razor Blade? From pics, they looked like they're shaped perfectly for walking, but I think I'll be content with a Razor Blade later. After that, I'll probably put in a WAS switch and keep a very light spring in there.

afrankart
11-06-2003, 09:06 PM
I have a Razorblade with stock 80 gram switch and no spring. The pull is very very short, and the microswitch hits at the very back of the pull. It is so light and short that it is almost more of a pressure sensor than a trigger.

Not much bounce, either. I have my debounce set at 6, it bounces while dryfiring, but not with paint.

CpSuPeRkId
11-06-2003, 09:31 PM
Ov3rmind- you can use the WAS wicked switch(25g) with a razorblade and no spring without any problems. it returned the trigger just as easily as the stock switch with no spring did in my viking. in all honesty, the switch made no difference in my trigger pull. both return the trigger the same but the actual TINY little activation point in the trigger pull is a bit more noticeable with the stock switch and you can feel the "click" more. other than that, they both did the same job with a razorblade and no spring.