PDA

View Full Version : heres some of my artwork

Lone Wolf2
11-06-2003, 09:54 PM
http://www.theangelguy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=3081
http://www.theangelguy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=3082
http://www.theangelguy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=2947
and the one in my sig,LMK what yall think,and ill also design sumthin for anyone that wants me to if they'd like.

PyRo
11-06-2003, 09:55 PM
I'm stealing the 2nd one for my backround :)

Lone Wolf2
11-06-2003, 09:58 PM
ok,no prob

xadamx
11-06-2003, 10:29 PM
pretty sexy stuff man. nice work!

Bad_Dog
11-06-2003, 10:59 PM
heres some of mine...

seems like Sean Connery came into my desktop publishing class today and took a picture with me;)

http://fallingaway.com/ao_upload/bad_dog_seanconnaryandme.jpg

PyRo
11-06-2003, 11:00 PM
Good job baddog :)

Lone Wolf2
11-07-2003, 10:42 PM
cool one baddog,and thanks adam

personman
11-07-2003, 10:59 PM
Did you do that with photoshop? *tear*
I feel so proud!

The sad thing is, I dont even know how to do that :(
Im a photoshop nub, I can only edit in/out people/things :p

i like tictacs
11-07-2003, 11:07 PM
blah, doesn't do anything for me...i don't think photoshop is/should be considered art.

but thats a whole other rant...

PyRo
11-07-2003, 11:10 PM
Ive made interesting things just using random filters and such having no idea what i'm doing. Then again they never looked that good. And how can you say that photoshop isn't art, especially desining somthing like that. I could understand an argument againsts picture editing beign art, but not that.

gamarada717
11-07-2003, 11:16 PM
Hey, could you do something for my backround and have it look kinda like this? I really want photoshop...
http://skyview.uni-wuppertal.de/pics/supernova.gif

Except without the stars in the backround, and with the red dot in the center, and without the white thing on the outside outer ring. Just make it look sweet....that's all that really matters.

Lone Wolf2
11-07-2003, 11:51 PM
haha,its ok personman,ty for the cd...anyway ill try to get on that,or i can make it look like a star just exploded if u want.

Lone Wolf2
11-08-2003, 12:34 AM
heres a quick background

http://www.theangelguy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=3110

PyRo
11-08-2003, 12:40 AM
Thats some good stuff your doing lonewolf, I only wish I had not failed out of my computer graphics courses. I was lazy never did any of the assignments, I just kinda messed with the program and did my own thing because I found it so cool. I failed, and wasn't allowed to take any of the more advanved courses. Damn my not wanting to create exactly what I was told and do my own thing :(

Lone Wolf2
11-08-2003, 12:41 AM
thanks man,anyone else want a background or sumthin

f3rr3+
11-08-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by i like tictacs
blah, doesn't do anything for me...i don't think photoshop is/should be considered art.

but thats a whole other rant...

[golf clap]

Lone Wolf2
11-08-2003, 12:49 AM
spammer

i like tictacs
11-08-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by PyRo
Ive made interesting things just using random filters and such having no idea what i'm doing. Then again they never looked that good. And how can you say that photoshop isn't art, especially desining somthing like that. I could understand an argument againsts picture editing beign art, but not that.

the way i see it is that taking a paintbrush, making a an actual "canvas" (not what photoshop calls it) and using actual paint and terpentine, blending techniques, etc, is a lot more difficult and takes a lot more know how and experience to make something truly amazing. every piece of "art" i see that comes out of photoshop or something like that is all the same, a bunch of colors all mixed together, or some other random thing, that probably took about 20 minutes and just looks cool. some of it takes a little longer, like making an actual picture of a city or some futuristic hoo-ha, but pointing a mouse and telling a computer what to do is by no means art.

PyRo
11-08-2003, 05:56 PM
Then how is pointing a pencil or a paintbrush art?

i like tictacs
11-08-2003, 06:01 PM
You don't point a pencil last time i checked- you have to keep it straight lines, make the colors yourself, etc.

and you can't keep hitting control+z on the bottom of the canvas to undo every last thing.

sneakyhacker420
11-08-2003, 06:47 PM
its digital art tictac you moron :rolleyes:

lookin good so far

you needa make som 1024x768 resolution backgrounds for AOers... one with green would be nice too ;)

i like tictacs
11-08-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420
its digital art tictac you moron :rolleyes:

lookin good so far

you needa make som 1024x768 resolution backgrounds for AOers... one with green would be nice too ;)

which i just went out of my way to explain how it wasn't art.

moron.

FooTemps
11-08-2003, 07:49 PM
art can't be defined by the medium...

If you say that it requires a pen, penicil, paintbrush, or something of the like to make something art... is it not art to draw a good freehand drawing in photoshop? is it not art to make a movie in adobe premiere? is it not art to remix music digitally? What would movie producers, directors, actors, dj's, animators, and other such ARTISTS think of your opinion? They'd think you're wrong, and I think you're wrong too. Computers can be used for art.

Lone Wolf2
11-08-2003, 08:10 PM
damn.it got hijacked,but ANYWAY i also paint to so yea,and plus,it is DIGITAL art dear god.

sneakyhacker420
11-08-2003, 08:44 PM
so ware you saying that art has to make use of the earth-created drawing tools such as paint and brushes and stuff?

cause digital art is just as intricate and complex as any other form of art, its just like saying that paintball isnt a sport

it isnt a maninstream sport, but it still is a sport, just like digital art is still art, but just not a widely-considered form of art

i'd love to see more lone wolf

i've been doing some randm crap with filters and whatnot, but nothing like this yet

there was a site a while back like bluefraction.com or something along thoes lines that had some SPECTACULAR digital art made with photoshop, 3d max, and a bunch of other high-end software... too bad i had to reformat my computer and lost my bookmark... :(

but all i know is that there was something to do with blue fraction in the name, and i still havent been able to find it on google or yahoo searching every which way for it :(

i like tictacs
11-08-2003, 10:04 PM
god damn. taking a brush in photshop and clicking it and dragging it around the page is NOT digital art. that is muppet. digital art? digitalblasphemy.com is the only good digital art i have seen.

FooTemps
11-08-2003, 10:12 PM
god damn. taking a brush in photshop and clicking it and dragging it around the page is NOT digital art. that is muppet. digital art? digitalblasphemy.com is the only good digital art i have seen.

You know what? digitalblasphemy uses programs to do their art too! Heck, it may be a more difficult program to use, but it even makes perfect shapes for you! OMG! IT'S EVEN WORSE THAN PHOTOSHOP!

gamarada717
11-08-2003, 10:36 PM
You know what? Anybody who says that "this is not art" is a moron anyway. Why? Because art is all oppinion. While it may not be cool to you, it may be cool to the artist. Ever since I saw a 50x50 foot white canvas at the art museum, that had a line that turned into a loop, I realized that art is only oppinion. I think you need to calm down and think before you argue about a subject that is related around oppinion.

Lone Wolf2
11-08-2003, 10:44 PM
DAMNIT will yall ppl stop *****in,and whoever started this whole thing needs to be kicked in the ***.

FooTemps
11-08-2003, 10:55 PM
/me points at i like tictacs and hands lonewolf2 a baseball bat

oops, forgot to add smilies in there :D :p etc

RetroEclipseMan
11-09-2003, 12:23 AM

the way i see it is that taking a paintbrush, making a an actual "canvas" (not what photoshop calls it) and using actual paint and terpentine, blending techniques, etc, is a lot more difficult and takes a lot more know how and experience to make something truly amazing. every piece of "art" i see that comes out of photoshop or something like that is all the same, a bunch of colors all mixed together, or some other random thing, that probably took about 20 minutes and just looks cool. some of it takes a little longer, like making an actual picture of a city or some futuristic hoo-ha, but pointing a mouse and telling a computer what to do is by no means art.

I'm sorry there buddy but you better think about what you say before you open your mouth. Sure digital art my not be "fine art" but I can guarentee you one thing, there's no way that you're gonna be able to harness photoshop the way that I've seen people do it. Sure you see people use it to make funny pictures or trippy things like we've seen here but until you see real artwork come from photoshop I suggest you think hard about what you say.

I suggest you take a trip over to Conceptart.org and take a look around. There's some of the better digital artists there that actually harness photoshop and Painter and turn out some real great work. Sorry about this rant but coming from someone that is actually going to art school and going to be going into that 3d/digital art field I take these things seriously and no, you're not just gonna turn out professional quality stuff in the matter of minutes by just tossing on some random filters without someone looking right through your work.

edit: oh yeah, I forgot to mention that photoshop and painter just don't do the work for you. To make believable work you still have to know the principles of light and shadow and how they define form. Heck some of the best texture artists out there had barely used photoshop but were excellent painters and new the right techniques.

Marek
11-09-2003, 12:00 PM
Dude, those pics look freakin awesome. I used the blue one (I hope that is okies with you) as my background. Love it.

Sent ya a PM.

Lone Wolf2
11-09-2003, 12:01 PM
yup,no prob

Lone Wolf2
11-09-2003, 12:04 PM
pm'd ya back.

PyRo
11-09-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by FooTemps
/me points at i like tictacs and hands lonewolf2 a baseball bat

oops, forgot to add smilies in there :D :p etc

Jack handles are more fun than bats, they do almost as much damage and you can swing them so fast :)

Lone Wolf2
11-09-2003, 12:28 PM
http://www.theangelguy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=3143

here marek

Marek
11-09-2003, 12:35 PM
Thanks, looks really cool.

Lone Wolf2
11-09-2003, 12:44 PM
no prob,anyone else