PDA

View Full Version : another noob question from me-detents

phantomhitman
11-06-2003, 11:13 PM
ok i know i must be wearing some peoples tolerance for noobs alot, but i have another simple question. :eek: i have heard a lot of complaints about hte new ule bodies and the detents. what the heck is a detent?! :confused: is there any pics to show me? also, i have read that it is angel threaded, waht does that mean (besides the fact that is has angel threads, i mean what purpose is served using angel threads)?! I am sorry, but I had to ask.
thanks as always for any help :D

TSalPaintball
11-06-2003, 11:20 PM
Detents are what keep the paintball from rolling out of the barrel, Angle threads are used just becuase they are more redily availiable.

PyRo
11-06-2003, 11:23 PM
I'm assuming you have a stock barrel. That wire thing that pops up into the barrel, thats your detent. THe ones on the ULE body do that same thing but are setup completley differantly.

phantomhitman
11-07-2003, 07:49 AM
thanks guys. i have a zbody on the gun right now, but i do know what you are talking about on the original body. i think i know what it does, but i still have no idea what it looks like :confused:

ChucktheMAGician
11-07-2003, 08:54 AM
Regular mag detents are referred to as nubbins. They ride on the outside of the barrel and 2 o-rings hold them on. There's a small hole in the barrel were part of them poke thru so they can hold the paint and do their job. :) http://store.airgun.com/agdprod/images/parts/plastic-nubbins_lg.jpg

phantomhitman
11-07-2003, 09:09 AM
thanks for that pic, but is there anyway i can get a pic of the new ule detents? thatis what is confusing me. sorry about that.

Dayspring
11-07-2003, 10:34 AM
http://store.airgun.com/agdprod/images/parts/ball_detents_med.jpg

It's a little metal piece, w/ angel threads and a delrin ball sitting on top of a spring.

The spring pushes the ball forward, and as the bolt comes through the breech, the ball rolls and is pushed down into the detent.

phantomhitman
11-07-2003, 12:28 PM
THANKS!!
i now know what it does and what it looks like. i appreciate the help everyone.

phantomhitman
11-08-2003, 06:42 PM
well i did some more research on detents and found out even more info. even some places that sold angel threaded dtents. i also found out that my zbody has them or something very similiar. thanks for the help every1