PDA

View Full Version : FullAuto mode found on Xmag...?

c sherer
11-07-2003, 12:20 AM
Haven't tried it with air yet, but the trigger grip activates like it will go full auto.
Here's how:
Turn on the power, then flip the switch opposite from 'M'. If you put your ear close to the grip to hear the electronics trip the solenoid (i think this is what causes the noise...), you can hit full-auto (I THINK...) Now, you appear to have to hit the trigger just right, but it seems to be VERY easy to do it.

Soon as I get some air, I'll give it a go, but if anyone has extry air, give it a go and see if it works. I'm curious...

So far, it works on 2 xmags, both with different trigger setups, but both with v3.2 software.

Of course, it could just be some funky noise the electronics are making and not work at all.

C

adam shannon
11-07-2003, 12:42 AM
great! now i have to wait till they de-bug it and release 3.4 ...lol

Riddler236
11-07-2003, 02:16 AM
It's a switch defect. Sadly, a lot of E/X-mags do it.

Read more here:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97297

FooTemps
11-07-2003, 02:23 AM
Yeah, it's a hes detection bug that's been around for a while already.

Riddler236
11-07-2003, 02:29 AM
Sometimes I wish E/X-mags had microswitches. Don't get me wrong - the HES is hella cool - but I think it's more trouble than it's worth. So are the E/M selection option and trigger rod, IMO. I'd rather just have a full-time E-mag that no chrono ref could mess with or complain about.

lamby
11-07-2003, 03:13 AM
riddler,

AMEN MY BROTHER!!!! Preach it from the top of the mountain.

AGD needs to scrap all the things that dont work and make a marker that if fully tourney legal. (and faster than the capped emag limit of 16 without getting run away)

rikkter
11-07-2003, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by Riddler236
Sometimes I wish E/X-mags had microswitches. Don't get me wrong - the HES is hella cool - but I think it's more trouble than it's worth. So are the E/M selection option and trigger rod, IMO. I'd rather just have a full-time E-mag that no chrono ref could mess with or complain about.

guess you haven't seen Black's gun eh?

he removed the trigger rod, and made the selector switch just a round looking plug. its mainly straight electric

cledford
11-07-2003, 07:40 AM
All it takes is properly adjusting the relationship between the HES and the trigger magnet and the problem is resolved.

Also, the HES has nothing to do with the E/XMags legality. The 2 issues are:

With the mechanical mode on the guns the there is the possibility of trigger bounce due the movement of the trigger rod in Hybrid mode - hence the removal of the rod.

This brings up the second issue which is how do you do the proper chrono for the RT valve (which the AGD website currently states must be done in mechanical mode) with out the trigger rod.

First, I have chronoed my Emag with a computer chronograph and not seen much if any shoot-up no matter how fast I shot in Emode- but others state that they have. (Alibit I have no idea how they verified it) In my mind AGD needs to publicly release updated chrono procedures (using E mode) for the guns which will quell the whole issue. At that point you would have 2 choices:

1. leave rod in and have the possibility of bounce, but the mechanical backup

or

2. Remove rod and forgo the mechanical backup, but have no question as to the legality

If the gun cannot be chronoed effectively using the current Emode, then Miscue has been working on a software version that might work.

Back to the main topic - a properly adjusted HES/magnet will not shoot:

- multiple shots
- fully auto
- when the trigger is wiggled side to side
- multiple times when the trigger is held completely back

-Calvin

rikkter
11-07-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by cledford

This brings up the second issue which is how do you do the proper chrono for the RT valve (which the AGD website currently states must be done in mechanical mode) with out the trigger rod.

personally, i've sat at chrono(the good red ones) for 10 minutes, marking down each FPS i shoot, chronoing the CORRECT way.
then i did the same in straight emode.
personally, with my emag, there was NO difference. they all were around the same FPS, with neither being 'higher' than the other.

but maybe this is just my gun, maybe others are different, but when i need to chrono, i do it in emode.

Mango
11-07-2003, 09:02 AM
mine dosent do it :( Did you adjust the trigger too? Or is it the stock trigger?

GT
11-07-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Riddler236

Kevmaster
11-07-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by rikkter

personally, i've sat at chrono(the good red ones) for 10 minutes, marking down each FPS i shoot, chronoing the CORRECT way.
then i did the same in straight emode.
personally, with my emag, there was NO difference. they all were around the same FPS, with neither being 'higher' than the other.

but maybe this is just my gun, maybe others are different, but when i need to chrono, i do it in emode.

thats with a good break between shots. You know the old RT chrono procedure for "Shoot-up"? With current X/E mag software, its impossible to check the HIGHEST velocity the marker can shoot up, although Cledford's info hints towards the contrary.

personman
11-07-2003, 07:49 PM
I got my old micro to do that, I dont think you can really get the gun to do it when it has air in it, just because of the recoil. Its also not that fast (or it wasnt on my micro), and not worth trying to use..

sneakyhacker420
11-08-2003, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by personman
I got my old micro to do that, I dont think you can really get the gun to do it when it has air in it, just because of the recoil. Its also not that fast (or it wasnt on my micro), and not worth trying to use..
with 3.0 mine is whaling on the field when it does that... and my HALO keeps up... thank god its rec ball, cause that shiznit is WILD!!!!!

rehme
11-08-2003, 08:09 AM
and what are you guys shot buffering with this bounce?

i have not noticed any bounce at all with my emag