View Full Version : 12v BE Revyz

Jon/xpm
11-07-2003, 06:23 PM
I just got a 12v be revy...
the thing is horrible.
the shell is really really thin
the lid is really thin and
everything on it looks really really cheap
they slaughter the quality of the revy big time...
im afriad to drop the thing
probably break into a billion pieces
i had a pre be revy
i wish i never got rid of it
that thing was a darn TANK...
be just makes their selfs look bad
by the quality of the work they put out...

adam shannon
11-07-2003, 06:27 PM
but they did get your $, right? thats all BE cares about anymore. lets hope BE doesnt buy any other companies...could you imagine plastic ULE body mags?

the good news is that BE was bought by a bigger company who likes to let their units run themselves...so lets hope VL gets the ability to tighten up their operation...from what ive heard the folks at VL were always held back by BE from making their products out of the best matterial that they would have liked to just to save a nickel or two. the people at VL and JT have never been happy about the constraints they are under from BE policy and penny counters.

Jon/xpm
11-07-2003, 06:31 PM
adam shannon-totally true man...
But if they only knew that their hurting their own selfs in the over all...
By making cheaper quality that means people will need to buy more replaces parts ex. revy shells, lids etc...
But that only drives their business to other companies like Odyssey...

adam shannon
11-07-2003, 06:51 PM
the main point is that the employees at VL and JT dont like the rep they are getting either. big brother BE is making them make garbage quality product. hate the product, hate the parent company, just dont think the folks making the stuff today are happy about it either.

FreakBaller12
11-07-2003, 07:01 PM
hmm i love my pre BE shells
wouldn't let it go for nothing, even though it's only a 9v haha

spyxtra
11-07-2003, 07:20 PM
yea i have a pre BE revy and its got a super tough shell. one of my friends got a new revy and the neck on it cracked right off and he got his lid shot off also

ExtremeODD
11-07-2003, 07:33 PM
i got a brand new pre BE 12v revvy, i was like NOOOO (i dropped 7 feet onto concrete) and it just sorta bounced, ive pourposly shot it, and no damage :D

spyxtra
11-07-2003, 08:03 PM
if the shell is black on the new revvys they do seem to hold up alot better then teh jem series. my freind that broke his had a smoke colored one

ScottQ
11-07-2003, 10:22 PM
the newest revvies are just as strong as the pre BE shells. There was a defect in the plastic in the first 40,000 or so revvies that BE made, they found the defect when it was already too late. You can call BE up and they will replace your shell if it broke.

BE is improving their products, you can tell by their new guns and such, as well as the new Zboard that just came out.

Stotic
11-08-2003, 01:10 AM
What new quality markers have the released?

ScottQ
11-08-2003, 01:24 AM
All of the new "Avenger" series, as well as the JT 7.0. Check them out.

sneakyhacker420
11-08-2003, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by ScottQ
BE is improving their products, you can tell by their new guns and such, as well as the new Zboard that just came out.

in my friends egg II, the z-board raped his paint... it was good paint too! PMI premiums :eek:

Wc Keep
11-08-2003, 12:31 PM
i have had 2 post be shells and both were very strong. i abuse my stuff and they held their own.

FalconGuy016
11-08-2003, 12:39 PM
They are strong in a useless sense. You can hit them with a hammer and they wont break, but then they will break off at the neck for poor plastic manufactering and the lid will just snap off cause the plastic isnt flexible enough. Even my lid just snapped off from OPENING it, and that things been played with for like 2 hours of actual gameplay

xadamx
11-08-2003, 01:03 PM
ive got 2 pre BE revvys. a blue one and a black one. you wanna buy one of them ? PM me

dinger
11-08-2003, 02:36 PM
i believe that fox racing bought out BE, no?

mcveighr
11-08-2003, 03:30 PM
no

p8ntball1016
11-08-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Jon/xpm
I just got a 12v be revy...
the thing is horrible.
the shell is really really thin
the lid is really thin and
everything on it looks really really cheap
they slaughter the quality of the revy big time...
im afriad to drop the thing
probably break into a billion pieces
i had a pre be revy
i wish i never got rid of it
that thing was a darn TANK...
be just makes their selfs look bad
by the quality of the work they put out... what do you want? an aluminum revvy? maybe agd will make a ule shell for it.:rolleyes:

Jon/xpm
11-08-2003, 04:35 PM
p8ntball1016-i guess when you spend cash
you just hope for crap?

~WarpedRT#2~
11-08-2003, 07:43 PM
ScottQ, I cant seem to locate a 7.0 anywhere. If it DOES exist, i'd love to see it.

Kevmaster
11-08-2003, 09:42 PM
debuted at WC '03. Its brand spakin new. Check out pics on the BEOG Forums: www.beog.org/forums

as for the revvies, all I have to say is: :rolleyes: