PDA

View Full Version : X-valve Problems

SeMonkey84
11-08-2003, 05:29 PM
I just got my x-valve yesterday and basically it's not working. I put it in an automag classic powerfeed, tried all 3 springs, turned the velocity all the way up, changed the length of the trigger rod (both shorter and longer, and I bathed the on/off in oil. The gun pressurizes (875psi), and there is some resistence on the trigger...but when I pull the trigger it won't fire. And one thing that happend that was weird was the last time I took the x-valve out, I had degased it, but the valve was still pressurized. When I finally managed to get the valve out (the pin was still pushed out so I had to push it in while pulling out the whole valve) the on/off shot into the wall. Good thing it wasn't aimed at anyone. But anyway, what's the deal?:confused: Oh, and no...I don't have the safety on...

unclebingo
11-08-2003, 09:28 PM
It's a good idea to never change the length of the trigger rod. That subject has seen extensive coverage on this forum. First off, set the length of the trigger rod back to the stock setting: 1.985". Was the trigger rod out of adjustment prior to the x-valve intallation?
Assuming that the trigger rod was at the stock length prior to the valve install, I'm guessing that you may be experiencing bolt stick. This much you know: you have air and the valve is getting air, so let's rule that out. You adjusted your velocity, so let's take that out of the equation. Click here for Level 10 info and setup: http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml#faststart.
If you follow those steps, I bet you'll fix the problem. Again, set your trigger rod to the stock length and start from there.

FWIW,

ub

:D

SeMonkey84
11-08-2003, 10:58 PM
alright thanks, I'll try that

I have 2 trigger rods...one that came with the stock grip and one that came with the x-valve. I tried to change the length of the one that came with the stock grip first, but it wouldn't adjust so I'll just use that one.

Tunaman
11-08-2003, 11:01 PM
agd does not test the Xvalves at the factory. Maybe the carrier is too tight. Make sure the reg pin orings are lubed up good too.

SeMonkey84
11-09-2003, 02:30 AM
ok so it took me a total of like 4 hours, but I finally got the right carrier in there...although I thought I'd already tried that one. But anyway, it's working now, it's 2:30, and I woke up a very large basketball player by walking up and down the hall(college) shooting the gun out of glee:D

thanks for the help

SeMonkey84
11-09-2003, 03:05 PM
it seems that about every few shots, the trigger will pull, but the bolt won't go forward...what do I need to change to stop this?

abunkerer
11-10-2003, 11:01 PM
The bolt is not moving forward, but is it venting?
If you hear a pfft pfft when you pull the trigger then the bolt is venting. The level 10, carriere orings need to break in before it will work reliably, usually takes a few thousand shots. Try switching to the shortest spring and keeping the oring well lubed, also switch to the largest carrier you can get away with.

SeMonkey84
11-11-2003, 03:20 PM
yeah, it's venting...I'm using the medium spring right now, and actually I don't think it did this when I had the shortest spring in there at first...thanks