PDA

View Full Version : Ult Trigger Problem

jesseyo13
11-08-2003, 08:28 PM
I just got a new ULT trigger pull for my classic valve. I put it in and I get maybe 1 or 2 shots of and then it short strokes(I think that’s what it is.) It still has pressure behind the seer but won’t fully fire.
I had 2 shims in it, that’s all it came with. I am using a 68ci nitro duck preset air tank. The trigger is much softer but it just wont fire more than 2 shots before it wont fire again. If anyone could help me it would be very much appreciated.

FooTemps
11-08-2003, 08:29 PM
I'll tell you what's wrong... YOU'RE USING ULT ON A CLASSIC VALVE

jesseyo13
11-08-2003, 08:30 PM
Ive heard and read that it works fine, it just short strokes more

Meph
11-08-2003, 10:35 PM
Hmmmm, odd. Should've came with a couple more shims.

Sounds like you need one more.

NJPaint
11-08-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by FooTemps
I'll tell you what's wrong... YOU'RE USING ULT ON A CLASSIC VALVE

You know, I normally dis-like when people do this to people, but in this case.... Jesus man, did you READ the advertisement before you bought it?

FooTemps
11-08-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by NJPaint

You know, I normally dis-like when people do this to people, but in this case.... Jesus man, did you READ the advertisement before you bought it?

I wouldn't have said that if it wasn't in the description.

sneakyhacker420
11-09-2003, 10:18 AM
classic valve recharge time (12-15 times per second)

retro/x-valve recharge time: (26+ times per second)

the ULE trigger slows down the recharge of the valves, but because of the way that the retro works, with the reactive trigger properties, it pushes the on/off back into place much faster, enabling it to keep some of the reactive properties, and the quick recharge time

with the classic valve, the same pressure that it takes to pull the trigger, returns the trigger, and that force necessary to pull the ULT is just not enough to return the classic valve to the firing position, it just needs that extra boost of energy to spring back into place - the RT part of ReTro :eek:

just a tip
-Sneaky

silentdeath55
11-09-2003, 10:36 AM
I'm pretty sure I was one of the first people to put a ULT on a classic valve. The only thing you need it more shims. If you have a LVL 10 you can use those shims. I think in my ULT I have 4 ULT shims and 1-2 LVL 10 shims. Call AGD and tell them the the kit only came with two shims. They should send you some more.

For all those people who think a ULT will not work in a classic valve, I will try to post an audio clip of me shooting in another thread...

Bad_Dog
11-09-2003, 11:06 AM
Hold on people,

I have a ULT on my Classic valve along with two of my other friends...

I think its just a fact of the classic requiring more shims. My ULT has 4 lvl 10 shims and 5 ULT shims....

I dont encounter all the short stroking like everyone describes, and I have yet to see any shootdown (I can only pull about 11-12bps). The problem with short stroking the ULT is when people pull the trigger, they hold it back for a split second which doesnt allow the classic to recharge.
Its something that you have to get used to and "train" yourself not to do while shooting.

Here's a diagram on my ULT:
http://fallingaway.com/ao_upload/bad_dog_ultclassicdiagram.gif

FragTek
11-09-2003, 11:24 AM
I like it! U installed the valve on the on/off instead of the On/Off on the valve :) just messin. Found it kinda funny.

jesseyo13
11-09-2003, 01:23 PM
Thanks mad dog. I thought that the shims went on the bottom of the on off valve not in the middle of the 2 parts. Also I had the very small black o ring on the bottom and the tan one on top. Is that the correct order?

jesseyo13
11-09-2003, 01:26 PM
Bad dog, what is the total thickness of all the shims that you are using?

Bad_Dog
11-09-2003, 05:15 PM
jessyo13,

I forget the exact thickness of the shims, but I do know that 2 ULT shims = 1 lvl 10 shim... so I have the equivelence of 13 ULT shims installed.

jesseyo13
11-09-2003, 10:13 PM
Thanks Bad_Dog
I had one more question for you. The kit comes with 2 o rings. One black one and one white one as you know. I asumed that the little black one whent into the little crevise at the bottom of the on off hole and the white one whent on top of that. Could you tell me a little more about were they go? Thanks a lot.

silentdeath55
11-10-2003, 05:59 PM
The two o-rings that come with it go on the on/off itself. Nothing is in te bottom of the hole anymore. you just pull the old o-rings out, and put the new on/off in (with the o-rings on in the correct positions). The way you have them now probably accounts for the ULT sticking out of the valve.

jesseyo13
11-10-2003, 09:56 PM
So the 2 o-rings that come with are spares or they need to be installed to make it work right?

silentdeath55
11-11-2003, 07:12 PM
If there are already o-rings on the on/off then they are extra, if not, then they have to be installed.

Click for CLASSIC VALVE AND ULT VIDEO....

http://www.the-red-army.com/ULTvid.WMV