PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if you got asked to play NPPL?

j.t.
11-08-2003, 08:45 PM
Well, today I am sitting here talking on AIM when I receive a message from a member of Team Rollout. Rollout plays NPPL, NEPL, and some local tournaments around here once in while. They are, for the most part, one of the best teams in the area at the moment.

So anyways, he starts asking me about my plans (about paintball and my team) for next years paintball season. I think nothing of it, but before I know it, he’s asking if I would like to play NPPL and NEPL with them next season (basically be on the team).

Now, for me this is HUGE considering I’m only 16 and I haven’t played anything other than local tournaments with my team. One thing that I was worried about was the cost but apparently the costs are almost COMPLETELY covered by fundraising and sponsors. That even includes plane flights and paint!

Sounds like something that’s almost impossible to turn down except for one thing... What about my current team? I had plans to play many tournaments with them next season and for the most part, we are all pretty close friends. We practice like once a week and hangout alot other days. How do I tell them that I can’t play for them anymore? It would not be possible for me to play for two teams....

So, I ask you, what would you do? Pursue your dreams and travel around playing NPPL with another team, or turn it down and just stick with your current team and friends?
:confused:

pbguy888
11-08-2003, 08:47 PM
I dunno , but rollouts intro to there site rules! :D

luke
11-08-2003, 08:48 PM
Play on both teams....

jarley77
11-08-2003, 08:53 PM
id say go for it. there is alot of money in those tournaments and it will help you out in the long run. if you current team is close friends they will understand and im sure they will be happy for you. you can not pass up an opportunity like that. your friends will still be your friends and they will be happy to play with you whenever you can.

j.t.
11-08-2003, 08:55 PM
It would not be possible for me to play for two teams....

It wouldnt work...Since we are both in the same area I might end up playing a tournament that both teams are in. That wouldnt be right:p

luke
11-08-2003, 08:59 PM
Then go with the team that is going in the direction that suits your interests.

MarkM
11-08-2003, 09:01 PM
You might well find that your decison has been made for you as you have announced this rather publically and your "teammates" will have seen this thread...good luck in the NPPL.

j.t.
11-08-2003, 09:11 PM
Well considering none of my teammates (with the exception of one, Will Wood) read this, I should be all set...

rikkter
11-08-2003, 09:29 PM
i'd say go for it. imagine what you would learn and experience. then later on, get back with original team and have them get better from what you learned. or do both of those at the same time.

Ov3rmind
11-08-2003, 09:31 PM
If they're real friends, they'll be happy for you. If I had a friend leave for an NPPL team, I'd encourage him to do so.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
11-08-2003, 09:31 PM
I say play in the NPPL, its a chance you have to take, and your friends should understand that.

WARPED1
11-08-2003, 11:02 PM
I played in NPPL for a few years before the big NPPL/PSP split.
Frankly, it gave me grey hairs. Just about every pro and high win am teams, cheat.
Stay local or rec or big/scenario. Besides only 3% of the 7 million players a year play tournament.......................

rikkter
11-08-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
I played in NPPL for a few years before the big NPPL/PSP split.
Frankly, it gave me grey hairs. Just about every pro and high win am teams, cheat.
Stay local or rec or big/scenario. Besides only 3% of the 7 million players a year play tournament.......................

you may be right, but after watching my first tournament today, i want to get MORE into the concept field type. i love scenario ball, but the thought of actually playing on a TEAM, and proving your skills as a team, instead of hiding and ambushing is a new side to it. or something lol

WARPED1
11-08-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by rikkter

you may be right, but after watching my first tournament today, i want to get MORE into the concept field type. i love scenario ball, but the thought of actually playing on a TEAM, and proving your skills as a team, instead of hiding and ambushing is a new side to it. or something lol Stay local or regional, or find another series besides NPPL/PSP.

RetroEclipseMan
11-09-2003, 12:52 AM
Yeah but what other major series are there besides NPPL and PSP. I mean, there's Pan Am for the West coast but that's a total joke. I say go for it. You got nothing to lose if it's all paid for basically. It's a great learning experience. I might possibly have a chance to play NPPL this season and I know that I'm not gonna pass it up.

robertjuric
11-09-2003, 01:04 AM
Do what suits your interests, have you always had big plans, or have you just wanted to keep it simple and hang with the guys. If you go NPPL, plan on it taking up a lot of your time, local is just for fun. Just do what you want to.

*ArKfEaR*
11-09-2003, 01:29 AM
bros before ho-mos ;)

in this case... people you aren't close with.

But then again... free paint.

Digits
11-09-2003, 01:52 PM
If your seriouse then this is a no brainer.. Just play NPPL and whatnot for atleast a season and see if you like it.. If all expenses are paid for you have absolutlly nothing to loose so just go for it..

And for the most part.. Teams with normal everyday friends usually fall apart in the end anywayes..

RT pRo AuToMaG
11-09-2003, 02:11 PM
go for it. You can still play with your friends, you can even do tournies with them (as long as the other team you are on isn't playing at the same time). Come on, it's a free ride! I sure as hell would take it, and your friends should be happy for you that you get an oppertunity like this. Offers like that don't come around ever day, and if you turn down this one, you'll be lucky to ever find a team that's already established and has free everthing (not many teams have that).

RogueFactoryKid
11-09-2003, 03:21 PM
Definitly Go Nppl So We Can Have a Shot at the mini-macs :D

But seriously goto Rollout for nppl cuz i doubt theyre gonna do that many tourneys that your team is gonna do.
And yes i surf these Forums often

-Adam

ramennoodles
11-09-2003, 04:39 PM
i'd definitely go for it, chance of a life time, but i'd show your old team possible replacement members.

Mango
11-09-2003, 04:43 PM
Go for it and dont look back!

j.t.
11-09-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by RogueFactoryKid
Definitly Go Nppl So We Can Have a Shot at the mini-macs :D

But seriously goto Rollout for nppl cuz i doubt theyre gonna do that many tourneys that your team is gonna do.
And yes i surf these Forums often

-Adam

SHHH... You better not tell my team yet. I wasn't planning on telling them until AFTER the awards banquet this year.

Im sure you guys will have a good shot at winning the mini-M.A.C. series next year regardless of me being gone :). Two of our players will be 18 so we were planning on playing in the M.A.C. anyways (Which I may still be able to do but that would be tough... playing in 3 different series is ALOT of paintball!)

edit: oh yea, and my team also has plenty of players to go around right now. Six, without me and Aldous who would be playing for Rollout (I forgot to mention one of my teammates would be comming with me:cool: )

RogueFactoryKid
11-09-2003, 06:32 PM
I didnt plan on telling ur team. Yeah i knew aldous was gonna goto rollout he brags about it in school:rolleyes:

Did U hear Keegan talkin about startin a team with Troy and sum other people For the mini macs? Cuz sumbody said sumthin like that and if troy doesnt wanna be on RFK id rather get sumbody that would.