PDA

View Full Version : twistlock freak breaking paint

LittlePaintballBoy
11-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Our Freak kit (twist lock) has been breaking paint about every 4 or 5 shots. Anyone know any solutions?

Rope a Dope
11-09-2003, 04:39 PM
Yeah, same reason all guns are breaking paint. Stupid weather...

I have wasted two weekends trying to play, I shoot an angel speed and it NEVER broke a ball in the summer, past two weekends every other shot breaks a quarter way down my barrel. I slow fire the gun and again every other shot shatters down my barrel... I just about threw my gun down field when there was a guy 20 feet in front of me and I threw 200 rounds at him and hit everything but him because paint was doing nice quark screws. Not the guns fault because it even happens in my ULE E-mag, this weather makes paint super brittle... I took a handful of "Blitz" paint that is known as bouncing off peoples packs at point blank range and dropped it on the gravel in the staging area.. every round broke. I used blaze and BigBall with the same results.

Get a paint with a super thick shell, warm it up somehow before you play and use a bigger insert, or just give up playing in the winter like I am about to... I played one game yesterday, after 10 breaks and my squeegee and swab were soaked and no longer worked I just walked off the field screaming a few choice words.

Oh and for a brief moment I was shooting at a bunker on another field on the side lines and this ref I know goes "How come it's not breaking paint now?"

I shot him in each foot. I felt better. :)

ChucktheMAGician
11-09-2003, 08:37 PM
Have you tried the next larger insert or better paint?!

LittlePaintballBoy
11-09-2003, 11:04 PM
Yeah, I was assuming that is was the weather, thatnks for the tips though.

xen_100
11-10-2003, 03:15 PM
you are not the first person I have heard this from.

some people swear by the freak in thier mag. other have nothing but problems. try a different barrel and see if the problem goes away.

FragTek
11-10-2003, 05:34 PM
Pick up some Polar Ice and check that out... That should solve your problem, that stuff rips in the cold weather.

68Classic
11-11-2003, 05:24 PM
Around my house, Dunham's sells CORE paint for $35 a case. It works awesome in the winter. I recommend getting some of that. Are you guys talking about that it breaking in your barrel or the bolt breaks the paint?

wdyer14
11-13-2003, 06:40 PM
I've been having the same problem w/ my freak.I live in northwest georgia and the weather has been very warm-(65-75).My progressive was fine,but my freak eats like 1 ball every 10-15 shots.If anybody has an answer I'de love to hear it to.

sneakyhacker420
11-15-2003, 09:57 AM
turn around the insert, all of mine for some reason have one taperd end and one not-so-tapered end and the non-tapered end eats paint alive where i never break one ball with the true tapered end which lets the balls transition smoother, breaking less paint :D

try that and see what happens

-Sneaky

Person
11-16-2003, 03:00 AM
any of you fellas try midnight or any other type of cold play paint?