PDA

View Full Version : Should I Keep My Warp?

willard490
11-09-2003, 03:44 PM
I dont know what to do I have had my warp for about one year (on my emag) and I loved it but I cannot shoot right handed (I am left handed) in the situations that that would be needed to shoot righty. So I was thinking of getting rid of the warp? Give me your opinon on this please. And how come soo few players use warp?

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-09-2003, 03:45 PM
get the new warp bracket and put the warp on the other side :) or just reverse the current bracket

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
11-09-2003, 03:47 PM
try coming out of your bunker with your marker titlted horizontally

willard490
11-09-2003, 03:52 PM
good sugestions but do u guys think that the warp is worth keeping?

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-09-2003, 03:54 PM
$100 loader...yea it's worth keeping

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
11-09-2003, 04:16 PM
I'd keep it but if you would rather not have the advantages of the warp for some added weight, then sell it

willard490
11-09-2003, 04:20 PM
i am leaning towards keeping it but this is another problem I am left handed soo I was going to buy a warpULE body but they are for a right handed shooters only does anyone know if they plan to make a left handed warpULE body??

NASurfer
11-09-2003, 04:52 PM
Im in the same situation sorta. Ive used a warp for about a year, and i just played without one and lemme tell you, i thought it felt sooo much better without one. Also ive had days were paint would break in my hopper and it would work its way all throughout my warpfeed. Nothing too bad but id prefer to keep things as simple as possible on the field. all in all i thought it was a cool idea, but im better off without one.

personman
11-09-2003, 05:38 PM
No, your situation clearly dictates you dont need or want a warp, so therefore you should send it to AGD for proper disposal.
AGD's adress is:
Adam Hodges
400 Otter<BLANKZORZ>.... ;)
Atlanta, GA

E==Mag MAN
11-09-2003, 05:43 PM
Loose the warp. You cant play to your full potential with a warp because you simply can not shoot out your offhand side as well. Sure a warp is cool for shooting upside down through a hole between sup air bunkers and what not but it's not what its cracked up to be.

peace
Thomas

willard490
11-09-2003, 06:59 PM
keep the sugestions coming I am still kinda in the middle but if I was to lose the warp what hopper would you guys recommend is the halo such a GOD? Or is the egg just as good?

personman
11-09-2003, 07:06 PM
Ricochet is coming out with a new loader, the Apache thats supposed to do like 17-19 bps, and its still gravity fed so there is less pressure on the balls.. Im real intrested in that loader, but if you dont wanna wait, and dont care about looks, get the egg.. if you dont care about wieght go for the halo..

50 cal
11-09-2003, 07:41 PM
I played with a warp for about 1.5 yr. I finally got rid of it because I didn't like the weight. Emag/warp and 88 4500 was just a bit heavy.
It was way cool to tilt it on its left to shoot out the left side(I'm right handed) and it kept on feeding.
The weight issue was the only reason I sold it.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-09-2003, 07:55 PM
i like my warp. i keep it because my rico2k stinks so i need the warp to feed my xmag. if i were to have a halo or an egg than i would definately get rid of the warp...or i'd just put it on my backup gun.

pointm@n
11-09-2003, 08:11 PM
How much does a warp feed weigh anyways? I have a pretty heavy setup as it is and running around in the woods gets pretty tiring.

I've got an ule emag, stiffi barel, and an 88/4500 and it's plenty heavy. i'm not sure if i want to lug around an even heavier gun...:confused:

FESTUS33
11-09-2003, 09:26 PM
I am also Left Handed, I was also on the Prototype Testing Crew. I ran my Warp's for a Year and a Half, I Personally Decided Not too use Warp's because they did'nt Fit Me!
In Other Word's If the Warp Fit's "Use It" If it Does'nt "Don't" It's You're Choice!
Rick :eek:

willard490
11-09-2003, 09:27 PM
it really is not as heavy as evrtone makes it out to be the only reason i might get rid of it is because i cant shoot with both hands. it weighs 15oz i think?

Fred
11-09-2003, 09:31 PM
i got rid of mine simply because it was completely unnecessary... but it was pretty cool to use on my Sterling... :D (not one hopper hit!)

i traded it for a 3k 48cu Flatline... which I'm finding to be much more useful! :cool:

if its not your style, drop it, not everything will fit everyone's needs.

---Fred

rehme
11-09-2003, 09:37 PM
i would sell it and get a ule or a no rise

Gadget
11-10-2003, 03:55 AM
I sold my warp recently (and I'm a left hander too...anyone see a pattern forming?) - I liked having the hopper low down, but found the added bulk and weight annoying.

I got a vert feed ULE body for my E-Mag instead - it makes the whole package feel much tighter than the stainless powerfeed body.

Was using a X-board revvy but the last couple of tournaments I've heard the L10 kick in a lot when firing long strings, so waiting for a Halo B to arrive....any minute now

<goes to look out the window for the UPS man> :)

deadeye9
11-10-2003, 12:37 PM
I love my warp. It redueces hopper hits. The ULE body (I'm right handed) allows me to sight straight down the barrel. However, it adds weight and shooting out the left side of a bunker I use the twist technique instead of switching hands.