PDA

View Full Version : X-Mag vs Angel

Kanuk
11-09-2003, 04:40 PM
i have been paintballing for about 2 years now and i have a basic spyder. i was thinking of upgradeing to an X-Mag or an Angel, but i did know which one was better for the money. what are the advantages and disadvantages of both?

Mango
11-09-2003, 04:41 PM
:eek: :confused:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jtrussell7/repost.JPG

Ov3rmind
11-09-2003, 04:53 PM
Buy a Tippmann, they roxXxor.

Leroy717
11-09-2003, 04:55 PM
Your gonna have to wait awhile for an xmag unless you can find one in stock at a website...

UltimatePaintballer
11-09-2003, 05:01 PM
i would say go with a speed(angel). about 4-5 hundred dollars less, and i would say you get more for your money, but its just m.o.

Kevmaster
11-09-2003, 07:19 PM
its 100% personal. I own an X-Mag because IMHO its the best marker. However, there are TONS of people who will swear the Angel, Timmy, Trix are all tne best

sliver1489
11-09-2003, 07:46 PM
definitely the xmag.

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
11-09-2003, 07:52 PM
I'd say...
X-Mag, but that is just a purely personal preferance. One thing I don't like about the angels is that they use "cops" instead of an eye. If you can get an angel with an eye...it will be just find. When you spend that much on a marker...you should be getting a top notch marker. It just becomes personal preferance at that point. Hope that helps

Creative Mayhem
11-09-2003, 07:54 PM
I had an angel, I felt it had too many bells and whistles to justify the actual performance. Don't get me wrong, Angels are very good markers, they shoot fast, and accurate, I just felt like I wasn't 100% comfortable with it. As far as the Xmag goes, I bought it cause it was AGD's top of the line, and I have never gone wrong woth AGD in the past. Now that I have one, there is no doubt that I made the right decision. I do however, feel that while the Xmag is the best marker I have ever owned, it too has some uneeded bells and whistles. If I had to make the decision again, knowing what i know about the Xmag, I would prolly take a look at its older brother, the Emag. It has everything the Xmag does, except ACE(unused to this day), and a fancy body. Emags perform exactly the same and with LVL10 there is no chops, hence the no need for ACE. Which is better? Only you can decide. I know I made the right decision for me, even though I got more thant I needed.(which isn't neccesarily a bad thing:D) My choice is and always will be AGD over all else. Hope this helps.

Big_Chops
11-09-2003, 07:56 PM
hmmmm i wonder what kind of responses your going to get from a forum where they are mostly mags users. but jsut shoot both and see which you like better

$tevo
11-09-2003, 08:16 PM
yea, try to get ur hands on both markers. it might be hard to find an xmag, but if u see on emag on the field ask to shoot it a few times. same with an angel. try to feel which is sturdier, more your style, easier for you to shoot, and so on.

GT
11-09-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Kanuk
but i did know which one was better for the money.

I think some folks need a lesson in reading. The X mag is pretty piss poor for the money especially new. Angels are quite simliar in VALUE. Heck if you keep your angel for more than 6 months there will probally be 5 new ones that come out.

I would suggest you look at other guns, both listed above are pretty crappy for what you pay. I think there are some great deals out there for new guns that contain a great VALUE aside from what is "cool" or the "IT" gun. Look at a few electro cockers or vikings. Hell even the BKO is a dam good gun for <300 bucks.

~WarpedRT#2~
11-09-2003, 10:07 PM
The "it" gun right now would be an e-cocker. Seems like everyone and their mom has one. I'd say go for an Angel. Everyoen seems to compare their guns to them anyway, so why not get what everyone wants to beat? Angels come stock, ready to beat everything else. Impulse or Matrix...blah, you have to add so much to them to get them to work the way they are supposed to.

I'd say Speed. No worthless features that you never use, and it's already beyond fast, and ready to kick ***.

fcpchop
11-09-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Kanuk
i have been paintballing for about 2 years now and i have a basic spyder. i was thinking of upgradeing to an X-Mag or an Angel, but i did know which one was better for the money. what are the advantages and disadvantages of both?

jesus man u r gunna go from a spyder to a x mag, wow that is a huge jump, i thought it was a big jump from mah e99 to my rt, guess not:)

penguinpunk555
11-09-2003, 10:20 PM
Viking!!!

speedyejl
11-09-2003, 10:39 PM
I would recomend other guns besides the Angel and Xmag if that range but i'll stick to what you asked.

Personally get a Speed. You'll save alot of money over the Xmag and I hate to say this but the magnetic trigger on E/Xmags isn't that much to rave about. I owned an Xmag and I played with the trigger for hours on end, I'm not exaturating. I found how I liked it best. It still wasn't fast. My trix is 10x faster for me easy, along with every other Timmy and Angel I've ever picked up. I've never felt an E/Xmag trigger that I liked.

You'll find the speed blazing fast with just a little work. The sensi system isn't that great so pickup a volumizer kit, get your valve preassure down to 180psi and you can take the bolt preassure down enough to bounce off paint. You'll also get better gas consumption on the angel over the mag.

Price wise you can pick up a like new Angel Speed for $600, where a used Xmag will still cost you $1200. 600 is a lot of money.

Now if you want my recomendation for what marker would be best thats another story, eh.

breg
11-10-2003, 12:56 AM
Hmmm,
Well, they are both fine markers. And both have a certain image that goes with them. Both have incredible rates of fire. Both are accurate with the right barrel for the paint you are shooting. Both are top of the line markers.

my advice top you is to shoot or play with each and see what one you like better.

FallNAngel
11-10-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Creative Mayhem
It has everything the Xmag does, except ACE(unused to this day), and a fancy body.

Doesn't the XMag come standard with cocker threads and the emag doesn't though?

nuclear zombie
11-10-2003, 01:42 AM
Angel A4 , it's only 2.29 lbs (almost 1/2 lb lighter than x-mag ) , better air effiency (1500 off a full 68/45k ) , you can get a brand new one next week, if you want a brand new x-mag it will take about 8 months to a year to get one.

but the x-mag is a really good gun , works better with warp feed , and you can get it in a custom color.

maglover52
11-10-2003, 02:24 AM
i would say and angel 4 a matrix or dm4 is the best.

riooso
11-10-2003, 09:37 AM
The Angel is nice but, for realibility nothing can beat a MAG. I have an X-Mag, awesome and realible. People around me own and trade, own and trade every marker out there. I still have my MAG and with very little service it is always there for me. Pick it up and it shoots.

R

Cyberious
11-10-2003, 10:41 AM
I owned both...here is the comparison I did some time ago:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86281

Note this is mostly my opinion so take it for what is is worth.

BuckyBall
11-10-2003, 12:12 PM
I have shot both but have not owned either. However I am waiting for my Xmag to come in as of now, if that tells you anything. I chose the Xmag for 2 reasons and that is it. I have an ecocker as of the moment but I chose the Xmag for 1 because it would allow me to tuck in tighter to my gun than my cocker does, due to the flying back block. Sure you can tuck in tight to half block cockers and imps and angels and trixes and just about evey other gun out ther but I liked the sleek profile of the Xmag body, compared to the fat angles and trixes, while having just a one tube design like the shocker. Speaking of the shocker that is a sweet looking marker and I would be interested in that over the Xmag if it were not for my 2nd reason for choosing the Xmag.The second reason I chose a Xmag is because I want to use a warp and the Xmag comes with a breech that allows me to use the warp and have a clean rail on the top of my gun. Sure the Trix has warp breeches available but once again I dont like how fat trixes are. Not to say that they are bad or anything it is just my personal preference. I want a marker that will give me the lowest profile with the highest ROF and the Xmag is that marker for me. Hope this helps you out man. Peace

Cryer
11-10-2003, 01:10 PM
dont get either...
Xmags have a waiting list
Angels have more stuff than you'll use

sooo....?

Get my mag!!!:p;)
;
;
;;;
;;
;

Rhinopkc
11-10-2003, 02:13 PM
Blazer, it doesn't need batteries, never breaks, eats co2, Palmer's has great customer service, you can order it exactly how you want it, you don't need to buy any upgrades, stock barrel is more accurate than any aftermarket barrel, you can get it wet, I can keep going on, but I'll stop now so you can hurry over to Palmer's Pursuit Shop (http://www.palmer-pursuit.com) and buy the best darn paintball gun in the world!:D

Cryer
11-10-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Rhinopkc
...I can keep going on, but I'll stop now so you can hurry over to Palmer's Pursuit Shop (http://www.palmer-pursuit.com) and buy the best darn paintball gun in the world!:D

Palmer's sells Mags, too?:confused: :p

Ov3rmind
11-10-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Cryer

Palmer's sells Mags, too?:confused: :p
lol :tup:

Trixes and Vikings own all.

Splat
11-10-2003, 10:32 PM
Since your still on a beginner marker (your spyder) I would upgrade to a high end mech marker. like a classic, mini, micro, or RT pro. The X-valve is a must though.

but if you NEED to go straight electro (which I still don't recommend) I'de go E-mag. they're cheaper then X-mag AND angel. But still as good. Plus there is no waiting period, and TONS of upgrades you can still do with it.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-10-2003, 10:50 PM
go with the x-mag. that way if you somehow drop your gun into the toilet, it will still work.

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
11-11-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
go with the x-mag. that way if you somehow drop your gun into the toilet, it will still work.

HHAHAHAAHAH...hmmmm I think we have a new slogan for agd to use in their advertising =)

BajaBoy
11-11-2003, 01:07 PM
i would take the Xmag over angel, shot both and the xmag to me had a stronger feal

hAppy
11-11-2003, 02:41 PM
man.. i have an angel, and i want an xmag BAD

C_22
11-12-2003, 01:20 PM
Owned both. But sold the Angel and kept the X-Mag. I used have an old Mag classic waaay back and felt that the simplicity of the internals is where the X-Mag had it's storngest advantage (very easy to understand how the gun works). It's a low profile marker, it's slighly lighter than most markers (but not as light as some people claim), trigger does require some (really simple) adjustments in order to make it lighter but I pull off some nice strings of paint; and the ACE and LX have worked great for me.

But the main reason for me to go for the X-Mag: simplicty. Simple mechanics and electronics with the only oprions I'll ever need, less chances for things to go wrong IMHO.

Good luck, amigo!