PDA

View Full Version : anyone had experience w/ the VL Quantum loader

robertjuric
11-09-2003, 10:08 PM
....??

penguinpunk555
11-09-2003, 10:13 PM
My cuzin has it. I like it 8 bps feed continously. Pretty nifty. Good back up hopper for a slow shooter 8 bps or under. Seeing you have a 68 automag it won't be a bad hopper for you.

EsPo
11-09-2003, 10:18 PM
I'm pretty sure it was the replacement hopper for the 9v rev... hope that helps a bit.

FortySix&2
11-09-2003, 10:19 PM
I would definitely suggest against getting one. For like 10-15 more you can get a 12v Revvy or Ricochet AK. I would say go the revvy.

I had a quantum as my first electronic loader. The thing constantly spins, meaning no sensor or anything. So after you turn it on, it doesn't stop spinning, and it's kinda loud. I've also had balls get jammed under the rotor. Honestly, I would say do not get it, or even consider it. If money is an issue, get the revvy, or else Halo's are great.

swat150
11-09-2003, 10:25 PM
Forty Six is right, its a pretty crapy loader. I was going to get one awile ago but luckily my cousin talked me out of it. A guy at my feild had one, It was so noisy and it was always going. It couldnt keep up with the spyder he had. Also it holds like 130 balls or around there. Just go with the revy. even if it dosnt have an x board.

Good Luck

FalconGuy016
11-09-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by FortySix&2
I would definitely suggest against getting one. For like 10-15 more you can get a 12v Revvy or Ricochet AK. I would say go the revvy.

I had a quantum as my first electronic loader. The thing constantly spins, meaning no sensor or anything. So after you turn it on, it doesn't stop spinning, and it's kinda loud. I've also had balls get jammed under the rotor. Honestly, I would say do not get it, or even consider it. If money is an issue, get the revvy, or else Halo's are great.

Ewww thats stupid!! :(

robertjuric
11-09-2003, 10:30 PM
that is pretty ghey

Ive got an older Evo1, but its kinda broke(fixed w/ duct-tape) :D

Kevmaster
11-09-2003, 11:06 PM
when they say 8bps...they MEAN 8bps...no more!!

robertjuric
11-09-2003, 11:16 PM
Ok should I keep the evo1, trash it, or buy something new(if so, what?)??

bleachit
11-09-2003, 11:17 PM
I bought one a while back, before I knew it was always on. my friend and I put a switch on the grip frame so when I push the button, it turns on, and off when I released it. unfortunately the solder did not hold. I was messing with it before the first game I was going to use it, and the wires inside the hopper disconnected. Anyway..... I just picked up a Halo TSA. Too much work to try and redo the wiring, maybe someday I will fix the quantum.

robertjuric
11-09-2003, 11:25 PM
kinda like a ghetto intellifeed

bleachit
11-09-2003, 11:38 PM
pretty much, but I liked the fact that I could hold my grip frame and turn the hopper on and off whenever I wanted with a move of my index finger. however, after setting it up, I think it would have been been to put a push button switch behind the trigger so everytime I fired it would activate the hopper. it just seems more simple that way. I did this on my spyder, not my mag, so the frame setups are different, if it matters. If you have a mag, intellifeeding it should be really simple, since all thats in the hopper is the motor, there isnt a board or anything complicated to deal with. the hardest part was dealing with cutting the plastic inside the motor/battery compartment to allow room for the extra wires. That is probably why the wires came loose.

Kevmaster
11-10-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by robertjuric
Ok should I keep the evo1, trash it, or buy something new(if so, what?)??

what are you shooting?

a Revvie ($60) will do fine, as will an eggo II ($75) most likely. perhaps, a HALO B ($120) is needed. But a Quantum will feed ONLY 8bps. If thats fine, then get it! If you need more than that, get something else

robertjuric
11-10-2003, 01:01 AM
Ive got a 68 Classic gonna have Lvl10 soon. Im not really sure what Ill need, Ive always used a Vl200(just got the mag though).

This evo works, its pretty ghetto though, dont plan on keepin it long. The quantum may be ok, and then if its to slow I can buy a revy and stick the Quantum on my F4

xadamx
11-10-2003, 01:08 AM
quantum sucks. get an evo II with yboard (if you want) at least get a 12v revvy

Kevmaster
11-10-2003, 09:26 AM
If you're sporting a mag, id recommend a Revvie. Quantum would limit you once you go out and get that I-Frame and/or ULE Trigger (which you know you'll do) Prolly the best hopper for a classic mag. It'll do the job and won't weigh you down any more than it has to.

An Eggo II (with Z-Board, not Y-Board) or a HALO B would prolly be overkill.

swat150
11-10-2003, 09:37 AM
Actually I got a revy With x board for forty bux. Now thats like 5 or ten more dollars than the quantum, You could even find a revy without an x board for 30 brand new or Ive seen revys for 20 dollars on automags.org thats probly the way to go.

FortySix&2
11-10-2003, 09:54 AM
It isn't really the speed that's the big problem, even if you don't plan on shooting more than 8bps I still wouldn't get it because:
-it's always on
-it's loud
-it jams balls under rotor
-it's low capacity
-it's only $5 cheaper than a Revvy
-it sucks

swat150
11-10-2003, 12:05 PM
I couldnt agree more

SteveD
11-10-2003, 02:05 PM
They're slower than anything else out there but they're faster than a vl200. For $25 you can have one delivered to your door.

bryceeden
11-10-2003, 04:15 PM
I keep one in my shop just to show people how bad the suck, I wouldn't recomend one at all.