PDA

View Full Version : should I buy a Dm4?????

triggerman
11-09-2003, 11:09 PM
I love my matrix I love it. I also love the new dm4 well the look of it any way. What do ya think. should I get it. I am kinda scared it will end up like the new shocker. Everone couldn't wait for it to come out then it was relesed and has mixed reviews. I am worried that it will be great in a few years. what do a think should I get it or just wait and see what people say about it. If I don't buy it I'm gonna eathier get a nyxtreme matrix and put a 90 frame on it. Or get a 03 rat with was bord and and otb 90* frame. any how whatdoya think?

JT2002
11-09-2003, 11:17 PM
id wait a few months. mostly because i was down tryin out for a div 2 xball 04 team, and Julio (sorry if its spelt wrong) Rivera was there along with NYX, Cousins Factory, and Bada Bing. Basically he told me he thinks when he gets it all tuned good he'll love it, but he said "right now i just wanna throw this gun across the floor" :D the gun looked sweet, but he was havin bolt issues and oring seal issues. so id deff wait because even he feels his was slapped together a bit. they do look sweet, the grey/ silver looks hot, and the blue black that was there was pretty nice too, too bad i didnt get a chance to shoot one heh. but good news, our 6 i think man tryout team beat NYX 6 man i think 3 times (at least 2) :D ;) :eek: :cool: :D
so all in all, wait a few months till dye gets production goin good, then go 4 it

stalker0
11-09-2003, 11:17 PM
I have an idea u may like
it worked for me figure out what guns u r thinking about getting and make a poll. I notice that your thinking about a lot of guns.

elpimpo
11-09-2003, 11:41 PM
yes yes you should.

actually i just said that because whenever one of these threads come up nobody ever says it. personaly id get an a4

nouseforaname
11-10-2003, 11:38 AM
no I think you should buy me one first :D

FragTek
11-10-2003, 11:43 AM
I think that by the December public release date of the DM4 they will have the major issues worked out with it. At least I hope they will.

I would go ahead and pick on up man, if something goes wrong Dye is sure to cover it and get you back up and running.

Did you check out the video that I linked of the DM4 on the field? Team Legacy (guys using the DM4's) did get their asses handed to em, but just listen to the crazy speed of these mothers.

barberjohn
11-10-2003, 11:46 AM
actually, i have fallen in love with the '03 dye matrices. they have eyes, lcd screen(which the dm4 doesn have), cool colours, some extra milling, bolt kit, dye rocket front reg, and a cp inline reg all for 990. now thats a steal. i have seen them at www.shop4paintball.com, and im thinking about picking one up for myself. why spend 350 bucks more for ugly milling, i wouldnt.

JT2002
11-10-2003, 02:55 PM
fragtek wheres the vid?

UltimatePaintballer
11-10-2003, 04:29 PM
go with dm4. a guy at my local field got it from world cup and says he just loves it. its super fast, and everything he hoped it would be.

and fragteks vid has its own thread

f3rr3+
11-10-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by triggerman
I love my matrix I love it. I also love the new dm4 well the look of it any way. What do ya think. should I get it. I am kinda scared it will end up like the new shocker. Everone couldn't wait for it to come out then it was relesed and has mixed reviews. I am worried that it will be great in a few years. what do a think should I get it or just wait and see what people say about it. If I don't buy it I'm gonna eathier get a nyxtreme matrix and put a 90 frame on it. Or get a 03 rat with was bord and and otb 90* frame. any how whatdoya think?

do you have enough of these threads? go with what you like.

personman
11-10-2003, 05:09 PM
Well, it would be much cheaper if you bought a nerf gun at walmart, took off the shels and put your matrix inside the shells, and screw the shels together. :p
;)

JT2002
11-10-2003, 05:29 PM
but you wouldnt have to wait over a year for that nerf gun! :p ;) :rolleyes: :D :D :D

Automaggin2
11-10-2003, 11:11 PM
1500 dollers......haha I don't think so. Thats a ripoff.

JT2002
11-10-2003, 11:48 PM
so teh xmag, new intimidators, and all are a rip off? to each his own:D

YellowBeast16
11-10-2003, 11:58 PM
Thats awesome, but one time I was standing behind a bunker and some guy did the same thing, a curve ball came right round my bunker and went into my barrel, I was spraying corn flakes after that ;)

triggerman
11-11-2003, 01:01 AM
well $1500 for the new intimadator is a rip off. but $1500 for the X-mag.......when will my name come up on the waiting list? I want one I need one.......Than I will have the worlds most perfect gun and will be able to stop thinking of impulses and matrixes.

SpecialBlend2786
11-11-2003, 02:35 AM
I'd go with the NYX Matrix. geez those things shoot well. Pretty darn good looking too.

Everclear
11-11-2003, 02:49 AM
I'm kinda having the dilema as well. I'm debating getting a DM3 then uping it with a SCM, and a CP 2 piece set. Or a wait, and get a DM4.

As for the ratpulse, I have one, and, you have a beter chance of getting a DM4 before you get WAS board for an impulse, at least, that's my .02

JT2002
11-11-2003, 10:22 AM
trigger can i ask how they are the most "perfect" guns in the world? lol. imho they got their own problems. one being the long long wait, the other being the VERY limited trigger selection

speedyfox666
11-11-2003, 02:18 PM
well, I shot a NYX matrix this weekend and I must say , these thing rip ! and they are really easy to rip ! everybody can do it with these things.

and I 've heard that the new DM 04 matrix hasn't the same board as the NYX matrix and will not shoot that fast.
(offcourse that doesn't mean it isn't a good marker)
what can you do with a + 20 bps marker when you can't hit anything :)

Tunaman
11-11-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by triggerman
well $1500 for the new intimadator is a rip off. but $1500 for the X-mag.......when will my name come up on the waiting list? I want one I need one.......Than I will have the worlds most perfect gun and will be able to stop thinking of impulses and matrixes. You can have a New Gloss Black one tomorrow if you want...Email me.:D :D

FragTek
11-11-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by JT2002
fragtek wheres the vid?

VID IS BACK ONLINE! W00T!

DM4 Video (http://www.fragtek.com/vids/Final_DM4_in_action.mpeg) -- Right Click > Save Target As...

Check it out, pretty badass!