PDA

View Full Version : Halo TSA or Ricochet AK

LuisV
11-09-2003, 11:25 PM
As the topic states... I'm looking for a new hopper... Halo TSA (LED or LCD) or Ricochet AK? They are about the same price so I'm looking for some recommendations. I currently shoot with a classic valve and I'm upgrading to the XValve shortly.

CaliWagon31
11-09-2003, 11:37 PM
i would get the halo TSA, the rickochet is really more like a reloader, doesnt feed quite as fast i think

Aegis
11-09-2003, 11:51 PM
Do you an idea of what your rate of fire is? The Rico is a nice loader for a classic valve, it is supposed to do 10-12 BPS. I can't pull faster than that. It is fairly light weight as well.

LuisV
11-10-2003, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the opinions...

To be honest I can't honestly say how fast I pull...

bleachit
11-10-2003, 12:37 AM
actually, the halo tsa is more like the reloader than the rico. The Halo and reloader both are sound activated, I believe the rico has a sensor. The halo and reloader activate on every shot, the rico waits to see a gap. the halo tsa feeds around 14 bps I think, which is about the same as the reloader. not sure on the rico. The TSA also has the tilt sensor, so it spins the paddle in different directions depending on which way you tilt the gun. meh, I would say go TSA. I just picked one up, but havent been able to test it out, but I dont work tomorrow, so I think I am gonna have some fun in the backyard with it. I will let you know what I find out after using it a bit.

LuisV
11-10-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by bleachit
... I just picked one up, but havent been able to test it out, but I dont work tomorrow, so I think I am gonna have some fun in the backyard with it. I will let you know what I find out after using it a bit.

Thanks... keep me posted...

redlaser666
11-10-2003, 01:14 AM
The ricochet has a bend sensor (a tongue in the feedneck)that detects movement. As soon as a ball passes the sensor it starts agitating. It is more reliable than the sound activation of the reloader, but i wouldnt know how reliable the tsa is.

I have a reloader and a Rico AK, I prefer the rico over the reloader. I would recomend the rico, because of the shape that i have seen deflect paintballs.

bleachit
11-10-2003, 01:19 AM
redlaser, I am curious as to why you say the reloader is not as reliable. My friend has one on his spyder imagine, when he sets it to full auto, 13 bps it feeds beautifully. but you seem to know more about this than I, so I am just wondering. thanks.

pointm@n
11-10-2003, 08:43 AM
I've used both and they each have good/bad points about them.

Rico
awesome customer service. they will send you a replacement shell for free, no questions asked. shell never broke on mine, very strong. feed necks are strong too. feeds about 12bps. holds 180balls. feeds after every shot (sensor in feed neck that detects when a ball passes). uses only 1 9v. "deflection" design sometimes works

halo tsa
I have the lcd model. shells aren't the strongest. the feed neck cracked and odyssey said i have to send the entire loader back to them for replacement. feeds about 14bps. holds 220 balls (backman version). tilt sound activation really works. uses 2 9v

LuisV
11-10-2003, 09:31 AM
Thanks again for the comments... keep 'em comming...

bleachit
11-10-2003, 05:55 PM
I put about 300 rounds though the TSA today, its an led. I was impressed with it. although I dont really have much experience with electronic hoppers. I tried it on my mag, which is powerfeed, and within the first 3 shots I had chopped a ball, which I thought was weird. no I dont have a level 10. after putting it on my spyder, which is vert feed, it feed really nice without a chop. Both of my guns are mech. dont know how fast I was shooting, but it kept up. I was pulling on my spyder as fast as I could, then fanned it for a few more shots per second. as far as the strength goes, the shell seems to be alright. I was happy with the performance.

LuisV
11-10-2003, 07:44 PM
Thanks for getting back to me... I appreciate it..

LuisV
11-12-2003, 01:39 PM
Anyone else have any opinions they would like to share?

redlaser666
11-12-2003, 03:22 PM
The reloader is not as sensitive. In a marker that doesn't sound loud it can misfeed. In my Micro Emag it misses about a third of the shots i fire. Im using a freak with a 15" boomstick tip.

LuisV
11-13-2003, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the info...

bryceeden
11-13-2003, 04:37 PM
On your set up I would probably say the TSA, but if your marker is even semi quiet the reloader and TSA don't work well whereas the rico will always work not matter how quiet your setup gets.

LuisV
11-13-2003, 06:45 PM
Thanks...

Lohman446
11-13-2003, 08:39 PM
Think... Ricochet. Someone kicked one across the field the other day, picked it up and had only broken the top.

I have crashed with mine pretty hard, but if I played back I would have a HALO - just not happy with the weight.

LuisV
11-13-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Lohman446
Think... Ricochet. Someone kicked one across the field the other day, picked it up and had only broken the top.

I have crashed with mine pretty hard, but if I played back I would have a HALO - just not happy with the weight.

Wow... he must have been ticked off to kick it across the field. Thanks for your opinion...

studley192
11-14-2003, 01:19 PM
i have a reloader and ricochete.

first off, the ricochete is lighter. It only takes one 9v.

my ricochete never failed me. when i play tournys, i use the timer on the back a ton. Also, the ball counte thats beeps when you are almost out of paint is nice. The ricochete is very durable. The only problem i ever had with it was once i went to bunker someone, and they shot my hopper underneath at point blank. It put a huge crack in it and every ball exploded inside. So i sent it back to ricochete designs andthey sent me a brand new one no charge.

The reloader has a good feed rate, and i never had any problems with it. The sound activation may be bad if you gun is quiet. its only missing the lcd

oddly enough, my first ricochete fed off of sound. One time i was inside dry firing, and my hopper was on because i unloaded some in the back yard, and even though no paint was in the gun, the ricochete spun every shot. I dont know what to say about that, but hey it works.

i have never used a halo tsa, but the tilt activation sounds nice.

LuisV
11-14-2003, 02:18 PM
Thanks studley192... BTW nice mag.